PDA

View Full Version : Oh, I see. That is certainly an interesting name.

Aerith's Knight
12-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Got the steam version of FFVI. Finally playing it after years and years. Work my way through the tutorial, defeat the boss, and then I get to name Terra. Go right, click X (which is D through the rebind)...

"Terrad? That is a.."

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/no.gif

I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick this up again. The pain is horrible.

Ayen
12-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Terrad? That's so rad, man!

Hollycat
12-18-2015, 08:15 PM
The D is silent?

Aerith's Knight
12-18-2015, 08:23 PM
The D is too big to be ignored. :D

Formalhaut
12-18-2015, 08:23 PM
The D is too big to be ignored. :D

:jokey:

Aerith's Knight
12-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Have you all ever picked a horrible creation name in FFVI?

Ayen
12-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Nope. Though I mainly just called Terra Tori and left everyone else on default.

Wolf Kanno
12-19-2015, 06:18 AM

The one file I use to have where I renamed every character as someone I knew. Kind of embarrassingly looking back on it. Though I think I got rename cards to use on most of them.

Hollycat
12-19-2015, 06:28 AM
I usually dont rename characters, but thankfully I have a good first and last name to use for rpg characters when I do.
As for names I regret, I did a playthrough of 7 with all the characters named after genitals. Im not sure I remember all the names but Cloud was Clit, Tifa was Tits, I think Aerith was Anus, Barrett Ballsack, and I have no idea what the other names were.

Oh, and once I named my pokemon rival after my friend. I kinda felt bad constantly beating up all his pokemon...

Shauna
12-19-2015, 12:47 PM
TerRAD skates off into the sunset playing a jammin' guitar riff

Elpizo
12-19-2015, 10:23 PM
Same thing happened to me when I was prompted to name Bartz in the V port. I asked for a refund after that. These ports are horrendous. But it's modern SE, I honestly should have expected it. Zero respect or faith in this farce of a company.

Big D
12-19-2015, 10:51 PM
The D is too big to be ignored. :DHear hear!

maybee
12-20-2015, 07:08 AM

Yeah, sorta- I had a playthrough where I named the main characters after friends- some of those friends are no longer part of my life and now the whole thing just feels very awkward and uncomfortable.

Aerith's Knight
12-21-2015, 04:43 PM
I did that in the original X-com once. It got weird. Especially since they kept dying.

Wolf Kanno
12-21-2015, 04:54 PM
I did that in the original X-com once. It got weird. Especially since they kept dying.

My friend did this too and made me a sniper and I kept saying I was going to let him down and get killed every time he started a mission. Bastard made sure that I survived the whole game. ;)

NeoCracker
12-21-2015, 05:10 PM

My friend did this too and made me a sniper and I kept saying I was going to let him down and get killed every time he started a mission. Bastard made sure that I survived the whole game. ;)

...The guy I named Kanno in my play of the newer X-Com was actually a Sniper. He was also the guy who kept surviving. XD

Fynn
12-21-2015, 05:14 PM

...The guy I named Kanno in my play of the newer X-Com was actually a Sniper. He was also the guy who kept surviving. XD

inb4 NeoCracker reveals himself to have been Wolf's bro all along

Aerith's Knight
12-21-2015, 07:11 PM
I should start an Iron man impossible X-com playthrough, and put the names of EoFF people in there.

I'd do long war... but no. Just no.

Fynn
12-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Oh, me me!

People never name characters after me in these things :(

Ayen
12-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Oh, me me!

People never name characters after me in these things :(

-Names Tidus Fynn in new FFX playthrough-

NeoCracker
12-22-2015, 10:29 PM

inb4 NeoCracker reveals himself to have been Wolf's bro all along

We are brothers in spirit.