PDA

View Full Version : Do you think...

Fynn
12-19-2015, 11:59 AM
When FF XL or LXIV inevitably comes out, future "old-school" gamers will bemoan the loss of the series' identity and long for the days when we had games like XIII that still felt like Final Fantasy? :p

Galuf
12-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Uh... Will people even remember XIII when 64 comes out?

Shauna
12-19-2015, 12:51 PM
Yep.

Fynn
12-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Uh... Will people even remember XIII when 64 comes out?

The Internet exists. It'll probably be easily emulated by that time.

Ayen
12-19-2015, 05:15 PM
No. And anyone who does didn't know what a Final Fantasy game felt like to begin with :wcanoe:

This is also assuming Square and FF will still be around to get to forty. Another fact I also doubt.

Sephiroth
12-19-2015, 06:02 PM
I doubt there will be so many Final Fantasys. Sad but whatever begins, also ends.

Fynn
12-19-2015, 06:13 PM
That was an intentional exaggeration. I just mean that in the far future, XIII may actually be seen as "one of the greats" for fans, especially those who were introduced to the series through it.

Sephiroth
12-19-2015, 06:16 PM
A lot of people who were introduced to the series by XIII already think it is one of the greats.

A lot of people also always think "oh my god, this new movie/book/game suxxx and ranting is my main profession!!!!! even the garbage book/movie/game xyz was better than this crap!!!!!" so yes, you can be sure people will act like that because they already do.

Formalhaut
12-19-2015, 06:28 PM
A lot of people who were introduced to the series by XIII already think it is one of the greats.

Mr. Carnelian, for example. He absolutely adored the FFXIII trilogy.

Sephiroth
12-19-2015, 06:29 PM

Mr. Carnelian, for example. He absolutely adored the FFXIII trilogy.

Or me. I think it is one of the best things to have ever happened to Final Fantasy and I have grown up with Final Fantasy, so I was not even introduced to FF by it.

Fynn
12-19-2015, 06:39 PM
:roll2

I've expressed my thoughts on the game in a pretty lengthy rantarticle and I don't want to derail this thread further. But I am of the odl school generation, having been introduced through the SNES games, and I love most of them, and my favorite is probably XII. Despite how disappointing XIII was, I'm still super looking forward to XV. I really don't think anything could make me presonally see XIII as a decent game.

Galuf
12-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Welll. I came from XIII and i dont think its one of the greats, i think that ff4-10 will always be the greatest and that people who enter into xiii and try the older ones will agree. I think in the future every older game will be liked much more. Even xiii

Sephiroth
12-19-2015, 06:50 PM

I've expressed my thoughts on the game in a pretty lengthy rantarticle and I don't want to derail this thread further. But I am of the odl school generation, having been introduced through the SNES games, and I love most of them, and my favorite is probably XII. Despite how disappointing XIII was, I'm still super looking forward to XV. I really don't think anything could make me presonally see XIII as a decent game.

Old School Generation <-
Loves XIII (especially as trilogy) <-
Loves all FFs but thinks XII pales in comparison to XII by far <-

That said, yes - as mentioned, no Final Fantasy will be safe from fans saying what garbage it is.

Fynn
12-19-2015, 06:54 PM

Old School Generation <-
Loves XIII (especially as trilogy) <-
Loves all FFs but thinks XII pales in comparison to XII by far <-

That said, yes - as mentioned, no Final Fantasy will be safe from fans saying what garbage it is.

I mean, XII was pretty loathed when it came out, but the attitude changed when XIII came out. So I guess XIII can be vindicated once people hate XV?

I don't really know personally, though. I've never hated an FF from the getgo, besides XIII looking like a trainwreck to me. X has in fact looking much worse for me now than it did when it came out.

Ayen
12-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Guess it depends who you talk to. After XIII came out I didn't see people who didn't already like XII suddenly go, "XII was the last good one." Usually they cite anything before the merge as good, and everything after as questionable quality.

Pumpkin
12-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Of course

fat_moogle
12-19-2015, 11:18 PM
X has in fact looking much worse for me now than it did when it came out.
I agree. I loved it at the time of its release, couldn't get enough of it! I was looking forward to the HD Remaster but once I eventually got it I couldn't get in to it at all.

Wolf Kanno
12-20-2015, 06:49 AM
Yes. There will probably be a day when people will look back on the 90s era FF as old and antiquated and baffled that things like Chrono Trigger and FFVII caused so much excitement because we lived in simpler times.