PDA

View Full Version : [FFX] Weakest story aspect

Pumpkin
12-20-2015, 02:31 PM
What do you think is the weakest part of FFX's story and why?

maybee
12-20-2015, 03:18 PM
-I don't know how to put it strongly into words, but Tidus's and Yuna's relationship could've been a alot more.... closer ? They love each other ? Hold hands, embrace, hug, keep each other close. The only time that they do is is the spring lake scene- then they're pretty separate from each other and then Tidus goes into this ' This is MY story ' rant.

Yuna is on a suicidal mission basically and they feel so separate from each other after the spring lake kiss- and then when they defeat Yunalesca and break the thousand year old tradition- Yuna knows that Tidus is hiding something that he knows would make her upset- and yet- they are pretty separate from each other.

This may because it's a Japanese game and it's part of Japanese culture to not show public affection ? But Squall/ Rinoa and Zidane/ Dagger all show and display public affection for each other. They kiss, hug, embrace etc.

- Tidus's ' This is MY story ' ! Phase during the Zanakand/ ending part of the game, it comes out of nowhere basically- Auron gives the story speech pretty much during the mid- beginning of the game and then about 20- 30 hours later, then Tidus adopts on Auron's speech ? Not to mention it makes his character selfish and highly obnoxious when he's supposed to be worried about Yuna sacrificing herself to Sin and he's supposed to be maturing and growing up during the adventure. Not to mention it's Yuna's story- Tidus is just basically a lost sheep for most of the game.

Fynn
12-20-2015, 03:33 PM
:Oo:

Jinx
12-20-2015, 04:56 PM
you know?

fat_moogle
12-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Auron: "Sin is Jecht"

Like, ok. But, what? Really?

I Took the Red Pill
12-20-2015, 06:34 PM
The Yu Yevon fight was stupid and terrible. Jecht should've been the final boss. End the game with the knowledge that you've defeated Sin, but that all of your efforts were ultimately futile and it's just going to repeat itself. That would've been cool and meaningful, I think. But nah, gotta save the world.

Jinx
12-20-2015, 07:07 PM
The Yu Yevon fight was stupid and terrible. Jecht should've been the final boss. End the game with the knowledge that you've defeated Sin, but that all of your efforts were ultimately futile and it's just going to repeat itself. That would've been cool and meaningful, I think. But nah, gotta save the world.

I don't mind fighting Yu Yevon so much, but I hate that you're given auto-life. It takes any kind of urgency away from the fight.

fat_moogle
12-21-2015, 12:56 AM

I don't mind fighting Yu Yevon so much, but I hate that you're given auto-life. It takes any kind of urgency away from the fight.
Yeah, auto-life was a bit of a strange edition to that fight.

maybee
12-21-2015, 08:08 AM
Does the awful clothing count ? Whatever Wakka's wearing and whatever Seymour is wearing is very off-putting.

Pete for President
12-21-2015, 08:18 AM

Jecht is the final boss though. I don't think square meant it any other way. Anything after Jecht is just some events that could've been a cutscene but they made it playable. I respect that. I never considered Yu to be the final boss, not even on my first playthrough. The auto-life, i think, is a hint to that basically saying you've done it, now we're just wrapping things up.

Mr. Carnelian
12-21-2015, 01:52 PM
Does the awful clothing count ? Whatever Wakka's wearing and whatever Seymour is wearing is very off-putting.

I know, right? People's clothing options are so stupid in X, particularly Seymour. The Spira clothing industry is the REAL villain of FFX.

Plus, Lulu would sweat like a pig in her big fluffy dress in the tropical climate at the beginning of the game, whilst most of the main cast would have frozen to death in the mountains. Why couldn't the main characters have had costume changes? It's not like they were in a massive rush, they could have bought and changed into new clothes during their stopovers. Ludicrous.

maybee
12-21-2015, 02:01 PM
The Spira clothing industry is the REAL villain of FFX.

Agree.

Ayen
12-22-2015, 07:17 AM
Auron: "Sin is Jecht"

Like, ok. But, what? Really?

"Look at me, I'm Tidus! I'm a famous sports player from Zanderkand who embarrasses all his friends acting like an ass, and my father's a giant space whale!"

Formalhaut
12-23-2015, 04:35 AM
"Look at me, I'm Tidus! ... who embarrasses all his friends acting like an ass

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/033/0/6/I__m_captain_BASCH_by_walktothewater.jpg

Fynn
12-23-2015, 05:17 AM
"Look at me, I'm Tidus! ... who embarrasses all his friends acting like an ass

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/033/0/6/I__m_captain_BASCH_by_walktothewater.jpg

Not... adequate... at all? Vaan in general is very level-headed. He only did this because they needed a diversion.

NeoCracker
12-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Fayth: Let's try to pull a guy out of our dreams and have him Fight Sin!

Few month later...

Fayth: Well shit, he just became Sin anyway.

Auron: Let's try that plan again with Jechts less able son!

....Okay?

Laddy
12-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Vaan is a non-entity and has a weird design but his personality is far from unpleasant and his voice actor is excellent.

I think I wanted to know more about Tidus' mom. Not to the level of Jevht but if we saw how her relationship with her husband and son was like we could potentially be more invested in their relationship. Also, the time in Zanarkand could have been a couple of hours longer so we can feel with Tidys as it falls and understand the cultural differences a bit more.

Formalhaut
12-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Vaan in general is very level-headed. He only did this because they needed a diversion.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/38a247d218d740d9f7dd03878011259c/tumblr_nbfzs3LrEV1r4hwp4o5_r1_500.gif

Let's not forget the most cringe-worthy scene imaginable.

But I'll end the similarities here, lest I derail the thread with more examples. :p

Ayen
12-23-2015, 07:21 PM
That scene was hilarious.

Sephex
12-30-2015, 04:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Umt2rvx.jpg

Zanmato
01-01-2016, 08:31 PM

I also think this fight was a big pile of shit, but I love the fact that Sin was finally destroyed.
Although you have a great idea for a sequel, because the storyline of FFX-2 had a great potential (thanks to Tidus, surprisingly), but it was unfortunately wasted.

Vermachtnis
01-01-2016, 08:59 PM
The Spira clothing industry is the REAL villain of FFX.

Agree.

There's the short haired NPC who wears nothing but a bra, long sleeves, and a loin cloth.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/AKA_Gluttony/womanB_zpsd2pcp5ll.jpg

CactuarKing
01-02-2016, 08:54 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hated most of the points that have been raised, but the absolute weakest point IMHO is.......the Sin is Jecht thing.

Forsaken Lover
01-05-2016, 01:42 AM

Few month later...

Fayth: Well trout, he just became Sin anyway.

....Okay?

I'm pretty sure Jecht ending up in Spira is a mistake.

maybee
01-05-2016, 07:24 AM

Few month later...

Fayth: Well trout, he just became Sin anyway.

....Okay?

Basically ! I wonder if Tidus had failed, they would've just kept on dropping a random stranger/s from Zanarkand till Sin is gone lol.

CactuarKing
01-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Only ones with the freakish ability to breathe underwater for unlimited amounts of time and play blitzball!!

Zanmato
01-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Only ones with the freakish ability to breathe underwater for unlimited amounts of time and play blitzball!!

I suppose they're aliens, because no man would be able to do that! :O

Mirage
01-06-2016, 10:17 PM

It's not supposed to be urgent. It's not really a boss, just storytelling through battle mechanics.

CactuarKing
01-08-2016, 04:00 PM

I suppose they're aliens, because no man would be able to do that! :O

Perhaps it is because they have fayth in their abilities.

Ba-dum tsh (I thank you!!)