PDA

View Full Version : Dates, Mini-Games, and Voice Acting. Oh My!

Wolf Kanno
12-21-2015, 06:49 PM
66096 (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/21/final-fantasy-vii-remake-developers-on-what-to-change-and-what-to-keep/)

So SE revealed some more info on Dengeki PlayStation (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/21/final-fantasy-vii-remake-developers-on-what-to-change-and-what-to-keep/). Here's a rundown for those who can't follow links. Thanks to Siliconera for translations.

- The Game will be fully voiced acted for the most part, and feature new VA work for characters who were not in Advent Children.

- The "Dating Event" will also be fully VA, because it would be weird if it wasn't.

- The reproduction of some of the game's original content may be subject to change due to shifting views on social issues. The Hot Tub scene in the Honey Bee Inn was specifically mentioned.

- This one sounds a bit vague, but SE is not focusing on making an open world/sandbox style world map. Instead they would like to make something that allows the player to change the events in the background...

- They want to have as many of the popular mini-games from the original make a return. They are currently trying to figure out which ones need to be redone with current technology.

- Enough of the pre-production stages has been done that SE is confident they can begin work making the game now.

- The next update will happen after World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 are finished.

Fynn
12-21-2015, 07:25 PM
What the flying fuck does "change events in the background" mean?

Ayen
12-21-2015, 07:42 PM
What the flying smurf does "change events in the background" mean?

Maybeh they haz a RPG Maker tool that allows you to change event codes :eek:

Depression Moon
12-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Yeah I don't know what that means either.

As far as what mini games need to be redone, pretty much all of them. I think the Mog House should be cut completely.

fat_moogle
12-21-2015, 10:14 PM
If there's no open world format / backtracking then I'm wondering how SE are going to implement things like The Highwind, Tiny Bronco, the buggy and the submarine.

Fynn
12-21-2015, 10:15 PM
If there's no open world format / backtracking then I'm wondering how SE are going to implement things like The Highwind, Tiny Bronco, the buggy and the submarine.

Through the power of CUTSCENES!

fat_moogle
12-21-2015, 11:11 PM

Through the power of CUTSCENES!
So you don't think we'll actually have control of any of these vehicles?

AAAHHH SE HURRY UP AND SPIT OUT KH II.8 AND SKIP TO MORE FFVII DETAILS.

Del Murder
12-22-2015, 05:22 PM
All this sounds pretty good. I'm glad the dating scene and mini-games will be retained. I'm really excited about the updated Golden Saucer.

Fynn
12-22-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm actually happy that they're changing the Mukki scene because of shifting sensibilities. I mean, it's a good thing to see that they're trying to move away from portraying LGBT people as purely comic relief.

fat_moogle
12-22-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm actually happy that they're changing the Mukki scene because of shifting sensibilities. I mean, it's a good thing to see that they're trying to move away from portraying LGBT people as purely comic relief.
I didn't even know who Mukki was until a couple months ago when I was reading about it on a thread here. I didn't see the hot tub bit when I played FFVII.

All this sounds pretty good. I'm glad the dating scene and mini-games will be retained. I'm really excited about the updated Golden Saucer.
Chocobo Racing, G-Bike and Snowboarding should provide quite the entertainment!

Jinx
12-22-2015, 06:06 PM
YOU KEEP YOU HANDS OFF OF MY GODDAMN HOT TUB SCENE YOU MOTHERSMURFERS

Wolf Kanno
12-22-2015, 06:14 PM
I would still love it if SE changed the story games, so update G-Bike, The Submarine and Snowboarding games but when you try to play them at the Gold Saucer you get the original PS1 versions instead. Would be a fun shout out to the original.

Formalhaut
12-23-2015, 04:32 AM

Changing social views be damned, I did rather enjoy the hot tub scene. :p

Although considering Japan, they still view LGBT people as really into their intimate sauna/steaming time (*cough* Persona 4 *cough*).

Having said that, I'm not entirely certain what else in the game could be changed that was quite controversial. I guess my memory isn't that great on the finer details.

Although, they could stop making Barret the only black person on all of Gaia. I mean, seriously. I couldn't see anyone else, to be honest.

Fynn
12-23-2015, 05:23 AM
Persona 4 came out in 2008. I wouldn't call anything in it as being indicative of Japan now :p

Sephiroth
12-23-2015, 05:35 PM
I knew the Honey Bee INN is gonna be different or taken out.

Although, they could stop making Barret the only black person on all of Gaia. I mean, seriously. I couldn't see anyone else, to be honest.

He wasn't the only one with a black character model.

Skyblade
12-23-2015, 05:53 PM
I didn't even know who Mukki was until a couple months ago when I was reading about it on a thread here. I didn't see the hot tub bit when I played FFVII.

I always picked the other room, where Cloud freaked out and had another breakdown. I always wondered what exactly occurred there, but it was impossible to talk about it because everyone always goes on and on about the hot tub scene.

Sephiroth
12-23-2015, 06:01 PM
There is not much to talk about. The through confabulation to the subconsciousness shoved part of Cloud's psyche echoes through once more just as it always does.

Spawn of Sephiroth
12-24-2015, 03:08 PM
I would still love it if SE changed the story games, so update G-Bike, The Submarine and Snowboarding games but when you try to play them at the Gold Saucer you get the original PS1 versions instead. Would be a fun shout out to the original.

Yes!! That would be awesome

Jessweeee♪
12-24-2015, 07:07 PM
the tiny bronco was stupid and dumb and i loved it

Mirage
12-24-2015, 07:14 PM

Although considering Japan, they still view LGBT people as really into their intimate sauna/steaming time (*cough* Persona 4 *cough*).

Having said that, I'm not entirely certain what else in the game could be changed that was quite controversial. I guess my memory isn't that great on the finer details.

THat's not fair. There are at least three other black dudes. Not sure if there is a single black woman, though. I seem to vaguely remember one but I can't be sure.

escobert
12-25-2015, 04:56 AM
I will be very sad if there's no driving around or flying around. It wont be so FFVIIish for me :(

Psychotic
12-25-2015, 03:34 PM
- The reproduction of some of the game's original content may be subject to change due to shifting views on social issues. The Hot Tub scene in the Honey Bee Inn was specifically mentioned.I'm out.

Although, they could stop making Barret the only black person on all of Gaia. I mean, seriously. I couldn't see anyone else, to be honest.You can't have enjoyed the hot tub scene that much, there's three black fellas in it!

Formalhaut
12-28-2015, 11:51 PM
THat's not fair. There are at least three other black dudes. Not sure if there is a single black woman, though. I seem to vaguely remember one but I can't be sure.

In the entire world, there's three black men? Yeah, that sounds about right. :p

Mr. Carnelian
12-30-2015, 01:30 AM

They're not going to recreate - in glorious high definition where you can see ALL the details - the scene where a bunch of muscular men strip off and get into a hot tub together?! :onoes:

THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON I WANTED TO PLAY THE REMAKE, DAMNIT!

Ayen
12-30-2015, 02:08 AM
Mr. Carnelian's hopes and dreams have been crushed.

THANKS OBAMA!

Laddy
12-31-2015, 03:07 AM
Rude's black! He's rather light-skinned but in all the Compilation works he looks pretty damn black to me.

Has there ever been any canonically black women in Final
Fantasy?

Pumpkin
12-31-2015, 04:30 AM
Dona maybe?

fat_moogle
01-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Fantasy?
Lulu's a black Mage.

Fox
01-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Fantasy?

Fran?

http://orig01.deviantart.net/7d7a/f/2010/028/9/1/fran_and_balthier_in_ff12_by_renzukuken.jpg

Jinx
01-02-2016, 01:55 PM
The fact you're grasping at straws here is a "no".

Fynn
01-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Fantasy?

Fran?

http://orig01.deviantart.net/7d7a/f/2010/028/9/1/fran_and_balthier_in_ff12_by_renzukuken.jpg

:Oo:

CactuarKing
01-04-2016, 11:47 AM
The fact you're grasping at straws here is a "no".

It's a HELL no!! They definitely need to up their game with regards to strong black females!!