PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy inspires you the most?

Midgar Mist
12-22-2015, 02:27 PM
This is a question for all you guys who enjoy wrting Final Fantasy fan fiction. My question is this: Which Final Fantasy inspires you to write fan fiction the most? For me its Final Fantasy VII and up to a point IX too.

Discuss :-)

Fynn
12-22-2015, 02:28 PM
The only fanfic that I had ever written was FFIX-centered, so I guess that game? :D

Sephiroth
12-22-2015, 02:30 PM
The only real stories I ever thought of and/or wrote were about 6, 7 and 8. VI - Heiress of Darkness, VII - Legend of Rumaris, VIII - The Burning Circle. All of them were sequels.

Galuf
12-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Though i do not write, ff v ix and xii have all inspired my rpg i was making. The thing that gets me ideas is the music mostly. It says alot of a scene. I cannot imagine things like aeris death and zidane depression scenes without music. But i got off track. Yeah ff5 9 & 12

Midgar Mist
12-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Though i do not write, ff v ix and xii have all inspired my rpg i was making. The thing that gets me ideas is the music mostly. It says alot of a scene. I cannot imagine things like aeris death and zidane depression scenes without music. But i got off track. Yeah ff5 9 & 12

You're making an rpg? That's cool. I would like to get an RPG maker 3 for my trusty old PS2 but.....its currently unavailable on UK's amazon (just like most other games I want) And Final Fantasy music is great too, I'm pretty much in love with the soundtrack of final fantasy 8. Aerith's theme is the best thing about the music on FF7 (that and the original world map music, and the scene where Red XIII realises how brave his father was, I could go on but....)

Galuf
12-22-2015, 07:12 PM

You're making an rpg? That's cool. I would like to get an RPG maker 3 for my trusty old PS2 but.....its currently unavailable on UK's amazon (just like most other games I want) And Final Fantasy music is great too, I'm pretty much in love with the soundtrack of final fantasy 8. Aerith's theme is the
best thing about the music on FF7 (that and the
original world map music, and the scene where
Red XIII realises how brave his father was, I could
go on but....)

im currently waiting for rpg maker mv to come down to a price i can afford. Though i may have to wait like a year or so.

Wolf Kanno
01-01-2016, 03:30 AM
In terms of fan-fiction, VI and VIII are the only entries to actually inspire me to write fan-fiction based off of them. In terms of which games have had an influence on my writing, IV, VI, VII, IX, and Tactics have held the biggest influence.

Ayen
01-01-2016, 03:32 AM
VII and VIII. VII inspired one of my fictional cities for an old RP site I had, and VIII inspired my own stab at an Abridged series I plan to write whenever I have the free time. It helps that it's one of the ones I played the most of as a kid so my memory of it is pretty well etched into my brain. Possibly branded. I was into some crazy trout back then.

Midgar Mist
01-01-2016, 02:10 PM
VII is probably closest to my heart because its the first one I tried. I got my first ps1 in 1998 (i came late to the party, sue me) and on some teenage whim ordered final fantasy 7 based soley on the fact that i liked the title. Fortunately the game was great, unfortunately this game was the white whale of my teen years. For a long time I didnt have the patience, knowledge, understanding or ability to be any good at it. When i was sick of yelling at Safer Sephiroth for whooping me every time, i abandoned it in favour of FF9 which turned out to be the first one I would complete. I was 26 and armed with final boss walkthroughs when i finally beat 7.

I look back at this now, and in hindsight i think FF9 is actually slightly harder than 7 is at the end. When it comes to 7, i was just some inexperienced teen employing a bad strategy, but you know, live and learn.

Also if somebody could advise me on how to complete my current white whale (namely final fantasy 8) then I would be grateful. Every time i play it i get a little closer but.............

Depression Moon
01-01-2016, 09:17 PM
I don't really write fan-fiction, but I did use to dream of a a sequel to Final Fantasy IX shortly after i beat it the first time. In general Final Fantasy IX is inspirational to me.

Vermachtnis
01-01-2016, 09:24 PM
XIV by far. There's just so much untapped lore and your character's a blank slate. There's V too, I liked the cast and wanted more adventures with them. And VI is very open. I want to see them fixing the world.

Forsaken Lover
01-13-2016, 11:43 AM
I don't write fanfiction but if I were to, it would be FFVII or FFXIII-centered, mainly having to do with What-Ifs.

Bubba
01-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Yeah, any bits of fanfic I've done have all centred around FFVII. Probably my favourite was done as a post right here on this very forum.

Hang on... here it is!

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/141475-Soup-dude?highlight=Soup+Dude

Midgar Mist
01-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Yeah, any bits of fanfic I've done have all centred around FFVII. Probably my favourite was done as a post right here on this very forum.

Hang on... here it is!

So Bubba, am I allowed to link up the FF9 fan fic on here? Without it being seen as spam by mods? Hmmmm, I'm sure they will tell me....

Bubba
01-15-2016, 08:57 AM

Hang on... here it is!

So Bubba, am I allowed to link up the FF9 fan fic on here? Without it being seen as spam by mods? Hmmmm, I'm sure they will tell me....

I really don't see that being a problem. In fact, I'd love to read more of everyone's fanfic on this forum :D

I HEREBY GIVE AUTHORITY FOR ALL MEMBERS TO SPAM THE FORUM WITH THEIR FANFIC.

Bubba

Voted second most likely to be the next EOFF Staffer - Winter Ciddies 2015

starlet
01-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Probably ix, it has inspired the most fan art out of me anyway. I still need to draw steiner and quina though...

Midgar Mist
01-19-2016, 03:13 PM
Probably ix, it has inspired the most fan art out of me anyway. I still need to draw steiner and quina though...

I'm gonna look in Relm's Studio to see what you've posted already :-)

black orb
01-25-2016, 03:04 AM
>>> FF1, I could write a tons of fanfictions of it but im too lazy..:luca: