PDA

View Full Version : The XIV Days of Giftmas - Day 1

Dat Matt
12-23-2015, 11:54 PM
http://vghangover.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ffxmas.jpg

On the first day of Giftmas, the Shaunas gave to me...

In the spirit of the season we will be giving away various Final Fantasy games that you can play with your face or PC. Preferably your PC, we don't want anything to happen to any of you beautiful people.

Starting from the 24th of December running through to January 7th myself and Shauna will be giving away a game a day from a pool of Final Fantasy games! As I said before, they will all be on PC, so you'll need a Steam account to redeem them on, and a PC able to run them. Or you can save it for when you get a PC able to run them. Or you can give it away to a loved one.

We have a prize for every day of Giftmas, and all you need to do to win is complete the simple task we have set each day. We will pick out an entrant at random to give away the prize. Simple right?

Lucky for all of you, the first day of Giftmas is today!

For your entry into the prize draw, you just need to make a post telling us what your favourite Final Fantasy game is, and a brief description why. You have 24 hours to enter for today, so get to posting~

Best of luck to all entrants, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

http://netdna.walyou.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/10/8-bit-Final-Fantasy-ornaments-by-GingerPots-e1381559026821.jpg

escobert
12-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Final Fantasy VII! It was my first foray into a real RPG and it sucked me right in. I was hooked on anything Square made after that.

Colonel Angus
12-24-2015, 01:05 AM
Final Fantasy XII: Great characters, excellent world, awesome fiends & great gameplay.

Formalhaut
12-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Overall? Final Fantasy VII. It does have flaws, but I feel of the Final Fantasies, it has both a strong story as well as a strong combat system. It doesn't prioritise magic or physical attacks, and both are very viable throughout much of the game. The majority of characters are usable due to the flexible materia system, and they only become truly unique with their limit breaks and weapons.

The story? Well, what a story, to be honest. The pacing is rather strong throughout, albeit Disc 1 being the strongest, by far. I also loved the world-building. Midgar, even with dated graphics, really gave me a feeling of the plight of the downtrodden and the powerless.

Overall, it is really just an excellent game that has aged well, especially with support from the modding community.

Ayen
12-24-2015, 01:41 AM
Final Fantasy X. First FF for the PS2 that introduced voice acting to the series. A great world, fun battle system that made it easy to involve everyone, good customization through the sphere grid, the use of Summons in the story was well done, and characters such as Auron, Yuna, and Lulu were fun. The cast complimented each other really well and I enjoyed the quest to defeat Sin and how their major religion worked.

Also, Blitzball.

Galuf
12-24-2015, 02:21 AM
FF9. Great dark story. Good character development. Mostly. Fun ability system. Cruel marble. And amazing music and atmosphere.

And most of all. Right game. Right time.

Freya
12-24-2015, 03:37 AM
My favorite FF is FFIX. Because it's the best FF. It has like love and stuff. As jinx said.

It was my first FF and it's just the best mix of whimsy and fun.

Plus chocobo hot and cold is the tits.

Shauna
12-24-2015, 09:00 AM
I'm Shauna's bff.

Doesn't get you extra points, sadly. ;)

Dat Matt
12-24-2015, 11:38 PM
Okay that's roughly been a day so time to draw a winner. From out list of entrants, the winner is - Colonel Angus!!

Congratulations to our lucky winner. A PM has been sent informing you how to collect your prize! For everyone else, tune in tomorrow for another chance to win!

And by tomorrow, we mean like nowish.

Ayen
12-24-2015, 11:39 PM
Here!

Galuf
12-24-2015, 11:43 PM
I love that title banner. Its cool with ivalice characters

Dat Matt
12-24-2015, 11:46 PM
Day 2 of Giveaways are in this link here (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/165268-The-XIV-Days-of-Giftmas-Day-2?p=3580409#post3580409).

Who will be our Christmas winner?

Shauna
12-24-2015, 11:49 PM
Well, I didn't even notice we undercut ourselves. Whoops. We spent far too long getting this up last night, I thought it was only like 11pm.

Colonel Angus
12-25-2015, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the prize, gize! :D So Awesome to have my first Steam game!