PDA

View Full Version : FFXV Gets Common and Royal Magic

fat_moogle
12-24-2015, 12:46 AM

Tabata has announced that there will be two types of magic in Final Fantasy XV. The first set of magic is a more common magic that all humans can use, whereas the second form of magic is only accessible to people within the Royal Family. Its not much to go on for now, but the next Active Time Report is scheduled for next month, so expect the full details then!

As well as this Tabata spoke briefly about women within Final Fantasy XV, stating that the main party will meet many women throughout their journey who will have roles to play within the story.

Final Fantasy XV is scheduled for a 2016 release, with an Active Time Report due next month and a big reveal due for March.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/final-fantasy-15-has-two-types-of-magic-director-on-role-of-women-the-game

Wolf Kanno
12-24-2015, 01:25 AM
Sounds like an interesting compromise, considering Noctis originally was going to be the only person capable of using magic in the original.

Fox
12-24-2015, 01:49 AM
Cool! I like it when magical systems have various layers and complexities to them. If you've ever read a Brandon Sanderson novel you know the sort of thing I mean. I hope there are some interesting game mechanics based around that, like the Skill Link system in Lost Odyssey where only the Immortals could learn skills directly, and the mortals then had to learn abilities by linking to one of the Immortal party members.

DMKA
12-24-2015, 01:57 AM
I thought Noctis was supposed to be the only one who could use magic? O___o

Wolf Kanno
12-24-2015, 01:59 AM
I thought Noctis was supposed to be the only one who could use magic? O___o

That got changed after fans reacted negatively.

fat_moogle
12-24-2015, 10:17 AM
That sounds like an interesting system, Fox, but I don't think SE will be that inventive :p

Laddy
12-24-2015, 02:36 PM
I could see party members, particularly Ignis, be capable of learning magic spells bought as stores whilst Noctis learns his own. A system like that would be neat.

fat_moogle
12-27-2015, 02:48 PM
I could see party members, particularly Ignis, be capable of learning magic spells bought as stores whilst Noctis learns his own. A system like that would be neat.
Being able to buy magic at stores would bring back that retro Final Fantasy feeling ^^

Formalhaut
12-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Being able to buy magic at stores would bring back that retro Final Fantasy feeling ^^

Yes. FFXII. So retro. :p

fat_moogle
12-29-2015, 09:51 PM

Well this just shows how forgettable Final Fantasy XII was to me xD

Wolf Kanno
12-29-2015, 09:57 PM

Considering less than half of the series doesn't require you to buy magic, it's hardly retro.

fat_moogle
12-30-2015, 12:21 AM

Considering less than half of the series doesn't require you to buy magic, it's hardly retro.
Maybe retro wasn't the word I was thinking of, but when I think about buying magic it reminds me of the older games with the separate white and black magic shops.

Formalhaut
12-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Maybe retro wasn't the word I was thinking of, but when I think about buying magic it reminds me of the older games with the separate white and black magic shops.

Why can't the White and Black magic be bought together in one store? Seriously, all this segregation in the Final Fantasy world, it's not right!

Fynn
01-04-2016, 11:37 AM

Why can't the White and Black magic be bought together in one store? Seriously, all this segregation in the Final Fantasy world, it's not right!

FFII had all magic in all stores. Which sucked because White Magic runs on and raises spirit, while black magic does the same with intelligence, so you often don't realize you got the wrong spell until it's level six and your white Mage wasted so many battles honing a skill he doesn't need at all :monster: This is why they're segregated.

And fat_moogle - SHAAAME :stare:

But yeah, this whole thing is interesting. I guess it's a nice explanation for why the party member can cast magic only when Noctis is close by.

CactuarKing
01-04-2016, 11:57 AM
I hope this game, which appears to have been in development since like forever, is soon to be upon us!!

** Twirls moustache **

Fynn
01-04-2016, 12:02 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that it will release in 2016. Maybe summer? *gasp* Maybe June 22nd? On my birthday? :love:

Del Murder
01-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Cool that everyone can use magic in some form.

Wolf Kanno
01-21-2016, 06:55 PM
Siliconera just released a very short blurb on this from Famitsu.
(http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/21/final-fantasy-xv-shows-off-a-first-look-at-its-magic-spells/)

The article shows Noctis using a Fire spell and the article mentions that surrounding objects can actually catch on fire. If you abuse the spell too much in an open field, you may end up distressing your party members and they find themselves surrounded by a flaming inferno. Also Magitek Armor folks!

Formalhaut
01-21-2016, 07:39 PM
Your own magic being turned against you is an interesting concept.