PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IX. Cool things about this game.

Galuf
12-24-2015, 04:06 PM
So. Today i have completed FF IX again. As you may have guessed from my threads that i made as i played the game. So like any playthrough. I loved it. Even though i had some setbacks. Like forgetting to equip my normal weapons after ipsens castle. Or dying on TIAMAT. THE EASIEST GUARDIAN. But ofcourse you never came here to hear of that rubbish stuff. You came here for uh... Anything i dont know.
A
nyway. Lets go talk about cool ff9 stuff. First off. I love the references. My favourite being pandemoniums song a slowed down version of ff2 pandemonium.
I also love the ost. One of my favourites. And even has my fav boss and final boss themes. Kujas theme is awesome aswell.
Characters are awesome. You all know i love quina. But every character is great in that game i like them all. Unlike in 7 i never liked vincent and 8 i never cared for anyone but rinoa and squall.

Theres some things. I dont wanna go on forever incase someone wants to add to this. Thank you be safe and goodbye. Maybe.

Depression Moon
12-24-2015, 04:36 PM
I don't ever recall Tiamat being the easiest guardian. He drains your stats, blows party members away, and I believe can inflict Heat to the entire party. Lich had to be the easiest.

Saber
12-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Cool things in FFIX

1. All the extra party members in the beginning. Sure they don't make the main cast but they allow you to care for them nonetheless.

2. The amount of items you can get. Yeah you may have weapon but if you trade it in you can synthesis them into something better. It made you really think on what to do. So great improvement in this game. I liked the system.

3. The way to learn abilities. It was great seeing you got a better weapon, but no you can't equip it cause in a few more battles you will learn a spell.

4. Airships. Yeah I maybe mistaken but I think this game has the most in the series.

5. Chocobo Hot and Cold. Not just the mini game but the whole world exploring task you get to do. It was really fun playing.

I could post more but these are my top favorite things about FFIX

Ayen
12-24-2015, 11:20 PM
Being more familiar with the series made me appreciate all the references and nods to past games a lot more. I also love now notifications would pop up where you could see what each character was doing while visiting a town.

Also, Garnet is bae. I would kidnap her any day :jokey:

Midgar Mist
12-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Does anybody else notice that Ayen has a one track mind? Lol

Whats cool about it (as i believe ive already answered a question about what sucks about it):

- Eiko's white magic (Holy, Full Life,)
-Eiko's summons (Carbuncle looks like My Little Pony meets Pokemon (so cute!) and of course Madeen
-Zidane and Stieners Trance (powerful moves that render fighting Ozma unecessary, unless you want a challenge)
-the artiness of the cards
-getting The Coral Ring early in the game without even trying
-the beauty of the FMVs, particularly aerial shouts of Alexandria
-the beautiful world map and its beautiful song (before Terra)
-the Song, Melodies of Life