PDA

View Full Version : The XIV Days of Giftmas - Day 2

Shauna
12-24-2015, 11:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ccyHnms.jpg

On the second day of Giftmas, the Shaunas gave to me...

Day 2 already! How time flies.

Congratulations to our previous winner, and a Merry Christmas to you all!

There weren't too many entrants last time, and given that today is a big and busy day, I imagine the numbers will be low again - get your entries in to have a good chance of winning a super fun game!

We'll keep this one fairly quick and simple so you don't have to spend too long hanging around on this ol' forum on this most festive of days...

Tell us about your favourite Final Fantasy hero, and why you love them so much

Get to it, and remember to have a wonderful Christmas - we'll be back in approximately 24 hours to reveal our next winner!

Jinx
12-24-2015, 11:49 PM
My favorite Final Fantasy Hero is probably Zidane. I think he's really serious, and brave, and intensely loyal to his friends. But he also knows how to have fun and joke. He inspires his friends and adopted family and is really trustworthy.

Ayen
12-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Yuna is my favorite because of her kindness, caring nature, determination, a tad bit of stubbornness, and she really comes into her own during the events of X-2 after the Eternal Calm (OMG character development!) she's also really pretty.

Is that last part shallow?

Galuf
12-24-2015, 11:54 PM
Its a tossle between Galuf or Quina. But to be different (and because ive been plaing ix recently) i will go with quina.

I like her because she is hilarious. Always doing funny things. However she is extremely resilient and does not give up. When cleyra blew up she fought on her own to get back to qu's marsh. When she got abandoned in the outer continent she fought all the way around even getting to treno and lindblum and helping the team along the way (when she scares gilgamesh from eiko in treno) and eventually meets zidanes party in lindblum to take up arms against kuja. She never gives up. And i say thats an important thing. Definatly one a person like me needs to aspire to do.

Formalhaut
12-25-2015, 01:29 AM
Tough choice. But I'm going to go controversial here;

Hope. Not anyone's typical choice of hero, but bear me out. I agree, throughout much of FFXIII he was pretty annoying, though the death of a loved one is a pretty good reason to be, I guess. However, he is the catalyst for Lightning's turn towards relative happiness (through bad advice, to be honest), and held his own against a massive flying warmech by himself. I'd say he is the innocent glue of the team, along with Vanille. By the end of the first story, he has gotten over the death of his mum, reconciled with his dad, resolved his dispute with Snow, and joined a team to save the world.

Not bad for a kid of what, 14? Not to mention he's definitely a member of the best team you can form in the game. He's a beast at magic and support.

And then in FFXIII-2, he's become the director of the Academy. You could say that besides Serah and Noel, he is the other main character. After Lightning, Snow, Sazh, Vanille and Fang went AWOL (all for various reasons), Hope basically helped run post-fall society, building Academia, improving the status of the sciences, and basically making things better for everyone. He devises a plan to raise a new Cocoon, which does succeed until matters out of his control occur. Even then, he's been a solid anchor for the two time-travellers, and one of the best characters in the sequel.

Finally, in LR, his character is reduced harshly, from a mature scientist to mere puppet. Regardless, he again supports Lightning and does provide (indirectly, of course) hints that he isn't all that he seems.

I could have gone for a more 'obvious' hero from FF, and there are many to choose from, but I chose Hope as one of my heroes of FF, for not being the sort of hero you think.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-25-2015, 03:14 AM
I feel like the way Hope was handled in LR was one of my least favorite parts of that game. The stuff in XIII-2 made me interested in how he'd handle living in the society of LR, but yeah.

Anyways, my favorite would have to be Squall, I think. It's partially just because he was from my first Final Fantasy, but I really connected to his character. He was quiet and stand offish, but the way he acted and the way he thought were different from each other. He seemed lonely, but he pushed people away because of the stuff he experienced in childhood. Through all of that, he had friends who brought him out of his shell by seeing him for more than the loner persona he gave out. I just liked it because I felt lonely when I played the game and there was just something hopeful about it all. I also still think gunblades are awesome despite realizing how dumb they kind of are, and I like his design. It's about time for another replay of that game, I think.

Freya
12-25-2015, 04:26 AM
Freya. She was the first female character that I came across when young who was a badass and not helpless. She's awesome and I love her!

Shauna
12-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Ah, what a day. The Shaunas are fat on good food, and are tired out after a long day of gift-giving. But, I suppose one more cannot hurt.

Congratulations to Ayen for winning Day 2 of Giftmas! We will get a PM out to you so you can claim your prize!

Day 3 is on its way...

Ayen
12-25-2015, 11:56 PM
I won? I WON! :omgomg:

Shauna
12-25-2015, 11:59 PM
Find Day 3's thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/165279-The-XIV-Days-of-Giftmas-Day-3) here available RIGHT NOW