PDA

View Full Version : saddest ff song :cry:

Galuf
12-26-2015, 06:18 PM
Saddest song for me is my mind or roses and wine from ffviii. Or as i feel you feel from ffv

Wolf Kanno
12-26-2015, 11:02 PM
Celes' Theme from FFVI. While the Opera theme is sad but romantic, Celes' version is quieter, slower, and just feels more heart wrenchin, being played only twice during moments she was under emotional stress doesn't help either.

Gau's theme is also very melancholic, befitting his backstory more than his upbeat personality.

Honestly, a lot of tracks from VI feel a bit more sad to me than some of the other games.

Shiva95
12-28-2015, 01:33 PM
Celes' Theme for sure. It gets me everytime, and one of the saddest scenes of FF games played with that music.

Zanmato
12-29-2015, 01:30 PM
"Suteki Da Ne?" made me cry like a beaver... :cry:
Rikki made a great job, indeed!

Formalhaut
12-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Suteki Da Ne is a pretty sad song, I agree. And FFVI has a pretty sombre soundtrack all round, so it's hard to choose just one from that game.

I'll suggest 'Servants of the Mountain', from Final Fantasy X. The theme played in Mt. Gagazet, it sort of captures the solitude the Ronso exhibit, the stark weather, the near completion of the pilgrimage (the headstones on the mountain kinda add to the melancholy) and the massacre to come.

I know it was remastered in the HD edition, and I prefer that version, so here you go:

1Nd4pvnkPUY

Midgar Mist
12-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Has to be the sad version of Aerith's theme when she dies :-(

Fynn
01-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Ironically enough, that is her regular theme. No changes were made. Just the context makes it sadder.

For some reason, FFV's sadness theme always makes me tear up. And I love how melancholy the FFII main theme is.

CactuarKing
01-04-2016, 02:03 PM
"Suteki Da Ne?" made me cry like a beaver... :cry:
Rikki made a great job, indeed!

Suteki Da Ne is a pretty sad song, I agree. And FFVI has a pretty sombre soundtrack all round, so it's hard to choose just one from that game.

I'll suggest 'Servants of the Mountain', from Final Fantasy X. The theme played in Mt. Gagazet, it sort of captures the solitude the Ronso exhibit, the stark weather, the near completion of the pilgrimage (the headstones on the mountain kinda add to the melancholy) and the massacre to come.

I know it was remastered in the HD edition, and I prefer that version, so here you go:

1Nd4pvnkPUY

Has to be the sad version of Aerith's theme when she dies :-(

All of these are sad. The most sad for me I think is a toss up between Suteki Da Ne and Servants of the Mountain.:cry:

Fynn
01-04-2016, 02:07 PM
I never found Servants of the Mountain sad, really. It's stoic, poignant, strong, inspiring, maybe, but I don't think it's sad. Typical Hamauzu melancholy, maybe, but not sad :p

CactuarKing
01-04-2016, 02:09 PM
I never found Servants of the Mountain sad, really. It's stoic, poignant, strong, inspiring, maybe, but I don't think it's sad. Typical Hamauzu melancholy, maybe, but not sad :p

Then you, sir, have no soul!!:eek:

Only kidding.........I see your point(s).

Suteki Da Ne wins it for me now then. The conclusion to the tragic love story!!

Forsaken Lover
01-05-2016, 01:20 AM
JfmupLRxxM8
Tog9GjczJVE

Labella
01-10-2016, 03:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YjtKzFiAZA
For obvious reasons. I'm not fond of music with lyrics in my video games (esp in FF) but this theme is one of the very few exceptions. I finished Crisis Core twice n cried each time. I still love singing along to it. Crisis Core is really just an all-round depressing game lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CK2hx377iU

One of my favourite songs across all music genres. I have it on my phone but as soon as I hear those piano notes I press next as quickly as I can. Aerith's theme can leave me in a solemn mood for hours afterwards n have me reminiscing about sentimental bs. I believe you dont have to have played Final Fantasy VII to feel some type of way from it. My mum loves it lol.