PDA

View Full Version : Best Square-Enix Franchise

Wolf Kanno
12-27-2015, 07:30 AM
Based only on games created (no remakes or ports) since the merger. What do consider to be Square-Enix's strongest franchise? You can count games created by other IPs acquired by SE such as Eidos, but again, you have to stick to games made while under the SE banner.

Vyk
12-27-2015, 11:51 PM
When I think about it, I've only enjoyed like 3 Final Fantasy games, out of like ... 20 of them, the odds are actually pretty bad

I enjoyed Parasite Eve, and haven't played the other two, 1/3 with the potential of liking more is pretty good odds by comparison

Then there's Xenogears where I enjoyed 100% of the games released in the Xenogears franchise xD

Ayen
12-27-2015, 11:59 PM
Based only on games created (no remakes or ports) since the merger. What do consider to be Square-Enix's strongest franchise? You can count games created by other IPs acquired by SE such as Eidos, but again, you have to stick to games made while under the SE banner.

In that case, Tomb Raider. I want to say Kingdom Hearts, too, but I only played one game.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-28-2015, 12:11 AM
I want to say The World Ends With You. It's still one of my favorite games since the merger. I doubt we'll see more games appear to make it much of a franchise though. Next to that would be Kingdom Hearts. I've enjoyed every game released for that series (even Re:Coded, though I just barely got any enjoyment out of it). The first one is one of my favorite games of all time, and Birth by Sleep is one of my favorites to play.

Galuf
12-28-2015, 12:15 AM
I havent played too much so as of now. Ff

Mr. Carnelian
12-28-2015, 12:31 AM

In that case, Tomb Raider.

Agreed.

theundeadhero
12-28-2015, 01:12 AM
Dragon Quest. It's the only one I would say improved from the merger while staying faithful to the originals.

Spuuky
12-28-2015, 04:46 PM
Sleeping Dogs #1

Del Murder
12-29-2015, 04:00 AM
Kingdom Hearts has been the consistently better franchise post-merge.

Skyblade
12-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Bravely Default.

Fynn
01-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I think Kingdom Hearts is the most consistently good series SE has been putting out for quite a while.