PDA

View Full Version : [FFX-2] Dress sphere query

Midgar Mist
12-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Ive just started a new game plus of X-2 (classic that is not remake).

I want to mix it up a bit, im officiallly bored of using 3 dark knights to beat vegnagun. Any suggestions?

Jinx
12-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Whatever sounds interesting to you! Alchemist is a ton of fun. Lady Luck looks fun, as does Berserker. The Shaunas will tell you Festivalist is the best dressphere in the game.

Sephiroth
12-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Gun Mage, Alchemist, Mascot, Psychic, Lady Luck.

Karifean
12-27-2015, 06:32 PM
All of them. Mix and match and keep shaking things up, and if you end up lacking a vital role (like offense/healer) make up for that by choosing a proper Garment Grid or accessories instead of immediatly switching back to the dresspheres you're already comfortable with.

Shauna
12-27-2015, 06:56 PM
The Shaunas will tell you Festivalist is the best dressphere in the game.

There are worse ones out there.

Formalhaut
12-27-2015, 07:09 PM
The Lady Luck can easily become a front-line fighter to be honest, with high luck, they can evade attacks more easily whilst striking for critical hits more. Of course, once they learn the auto-ability Critical, they'll critical regardless. Slap on a strength accessory or a good garment grid and they can be very powerful, and with more agility than a Dark Knight.

The Berserker is underutilised, I think. As a front-line fighter, the Berserker is hella-powerful and surprisingly defensive with several powerful auto-abilities (albeit at high AP cost). The Black Mage, while fragile, deals some fantastic damage and most enemies tend to be weak to one of the primary elements. While the Gun Mage is a bundle of tricks with both healing and damaging potential, and is well worth a look.

The Alchemist is probably the most efficient healer, but the White Mage works well too and doesn't rely on the Lady Luck DS to farm for items like mega-potions and X-potions. I have to admit, I don't really use the White Mage, but if you're for mixing things up it is certainly viable. I find the White Mage to stand around doing naff all quite alot of the time, so I tend to give them a Black Tome or similar Garment Grid to give them Black Mage abilities as well, to help out more with actual fighting.

If you want a challenge, look no further than the Trainer; jill-of-all-trades if ever I saw one, with mediocre stats and mediocre abilities. Just mediocre overall, really. Doesn't excel in anything in particular.

The other dresspheres are all worth a look - heck, why not use the special dresspheres more! I'm sure there's something good about them.

Midgar Mist
12-27-2015, 11:55 PM
Jinks are you sure Festivalist is in the non remake? If it was i missed it. And some of these others sound unfamiliar to me too.

And Formalhaut, what is your strategy for beating that annoying little oik Shinra at Sphere Break? Ive never been able to get Lady Luck (blitzball and sphere break seems to favour the mathematicans of the world)

Jinx
12-28-2015, 12:22 AM
Ah, no, Festivalist is only in the Japanese version of the original.

Mr. Carnelian
12-28-2015, 12:28 AM
And Formalhaut, what is your strategy for beating that annoying little oik Shinra at Sphere Break? Ive never been able to get Lady Luck (blitzball and sphere break seems to favour the mathematicans of the world)

CHEAT! Just look up a sphere break calculator, there are loads of them hovering around the interwebs.

Midgar Mist
12-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Carnelian youre a genius! Cheat is such a magic word when you add it to the word Gaming. So, that means I can beat that idiot who always says "im just a kid" to win any argument! Take that Shinra!

Formalhaut
12-30-2015, 02:26 AM

CHEAT! Just look up a sphere break calculator, there are loads of them hovering around the interwebs.

Yeah, I'm fairly useless with mental arithmetic, so I sourced a decent Sphere Break Calculator which runs through all possible combinations for you.

I mean, there's a hint of skill involved in deciding which combination to use, but 90% of the time you'll do well in Sphere Break using those sort of programs. Which is all for the better, seeing how much I hated losing to Shinra.