PDA

View Full Version : SHHH, QUIET

Pumpkin
12-27-2015, 07:59 PM
So imagine that it's the ~*~future of gaming~*~ and you're playing a game like... Fallout or Alien: Isolation, (or another game I don't know because I don't play sneak games) and they integrated a function where, to sneak in the game, you must be quiet in real life. Would that add to the immersion for you, or would it just ruin it?

I think it would be hard. Especially if you have pets or roommates or something who might make noise, it could make it really difficult

Ayen
12-27-2015, 08:01 PM
I would be super duper quiet and then the tiniest noise from something else would ruin everything for me and I'd scream in agony like Darth Vader at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Then I'd do my usual routine of tossing the controller and rage quitting.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Didn't Alien Isolation incorporate that function into it if you had a mic plugged into your controller? I know there is some game I have that has that function where noises around you could alert whatever was trying to find you to your presence. I've not tried the feature though. Part of me feels like it would pull me out of the experience, but I could also see if I was back in college playing Alien Isolation, hiding in a locker with the lights off in my room if a roommate just walked in unexpectedly saying "Hi Scott" or slamming the door and that being a terrifying moment because the Alien is right there.

Mr. Carnelian
12-27-2015, 08:13 PM
I agree that it simply wouldn't be practical.

theundeadhero
12-28-2015, 01:10 AM
*Mutes mic. Wins.*

Fox
12-28-2015, 01:39 AM
Didn't Alien Isolation incorporate that function into it if you had a mic plugged into your controller?.

Yes, I'm fairly certain that was Alien. Also FIFA and NBA use active voice systems to listen for the player swearing and will reprimand them for it.