PDA

View Full Version : Who was your favorite of the original three Legendary Bird Pokemon?

Pike
12-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Articuno?

Zapdos?

Moltres?

I think I gotta hand it to Articuno myself. It helped me through my first ever Elite Four victory. :aimsun:

escobert
12-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Zapdos!

Bubba
12-30-2015, 05:10 PM
The one on fire

Zanmato
12-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Although I love fire, Zapdos is the biggest badass here! :P

Formalhaut
12-30-2015, 05:52 PM
My vote has made it two a piece! How interesting.

Pumpkin
12-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Articuno

theundeadhero
12-30-2015, 07:22 PM
Zapdos, although it's been so long at this point I can barely remember which one's which, much less their abilities.

Ayen
12-30-2015, 07:30 PM
It's a toss up between Articuno and Zapdos. I can remember being so nervous of not catching Zapdos that I ended up using my Master Ball on him.

I'll go with Zapdos. I have a soft spot for electric types.

Vermachtnis
12-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Articuno, ice is one of my favorite types. And it looks the best.

Mr. Carnelian
12-30-2015, 10:53 PM
Moltres. Burn, baby, burn.

Skyblade
01-01-2016, 01:08 AM
Definitely Articuno. Best looking and awesome element (even if the Type is pretty terrible).

Wolf Kanno
01-01-2016, 01:39 AM
Articuno, decent Ice-types in this game were hard to come by.

Skyblade
01-01-2016, 01:47 AM

Jynx, Dewgong, Cloyster, and Lapras. I think that was it.

It's hard to remember how good they were, because it's been so long since I played Gen I. I know Cloyster didn't get really good until later. I always really liked Lapras, but I don't remember how well it performed in Gen I.

Wolf Kanno
01-01-2016, 02:07 AM

It's hard to remember how good they were, because it's been so long since I played Gen I. I know Cloyster didn't get really good until later. I always really liked Lapras, but I don't remember how well it performed in Gen I.

Jynx only had about two Ice type abilities, one of which was a physical skill that didn't work so well with her weak physical. Her skill set is pretty awful to be honest. Her best attribute is being the earliest Ice type you can get.

The other three are Water-types first with Ice being their secondary property, though I would agree that all three are good, but it's largely for how versatile water types were in Gen-1. None of this is helped by Ice-Types being late arrivals in the game.

Spuuky
01-01-2016, 02:29 AM
Who cares, there are dozens of better Pokemon than any of them. Articuno and Moltres making appearances in LoL and Dota 2 is pretty cool though.

Rez09
01-01-2016, 03:49 AM
Zapdos fo lyfe!

Skyblade
01-01-2016, 03:45 PM

Jynx only had about two Ice type abilities, one of which was a physical skill that didn't work so well with her weak physical. Her skill set is pretty awful to be honest. Her best attribute is being the earliest Ice type you can get.

The other three are Water-types first with Ice being their secondary property, though I would agree that all three are good, but it's largely for how versatile water types were in Gen-1. None of this is helped by Ice-Types being late arrivals in the game.

I wasn't meaning to describe them as "good" Ice Types, sorry. I just think those are actually all of the Ice Types in the game, period.

However, I will point out that in Gen I, all Ice moves were Special, even Ice Punch.

Looking back, though... Wow, her level up move set was terrible. And unlike a lot of Gen I Pokemon, she didn't get a huge variety of TMs to learn.

escobert
01-02-2016, 03:08 AM
Mewtwo > all