PDA

View Full Version : Do You Get Animals In Your Yard?

Pumpkin
01-01-2016, 05:01 PM
I imagine this might be different depending where you live. We get gangs of dear in our yard pretty much every day

sharkythesharkdogg
01-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Yeah, two gangs specifically. The Jets and the Sharks.

I don't know where they found deer sized leather jackets, or how they hold the knives, but it's pretty intense.

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-01-2016, 05:22 PM
We used to get deer in our yard all the time. At night you could watch about five a night travelling through. They cleared the wooded area over the last year though and now they've all moved on.

The rabbits and chipmunks still prevail though. Stupid cute chipmunks. They may be adorable but they tear my back yard up so bad.

fat_moogle
01-01-2016, 05:33 PM
There are a lot of cats around where I live, so yeah, a lot of those.

Zanmato
01-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Yes, I happen to see some deer, martens, and even beavers (thanks to them our nearby swamp almost dried up) in my backyard. :eek:

DMKA
01-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Yeah. Our backyard is like a wildlife tourist attraction. We get hoards of birds and squirrels. Every now and then a modest flock of ducks or geese will show up.

But the night before last was a first. I saw something moving around in our back yard in the dark that I was convinced was a person, so I grabbed the nearest blunt heavy object I could find ready to tell them to GTFO and when I turned on the light it was a buck and a doe. They promptly jumped back over the fence and ran across the street and stared at me for a few minutes.

Ayen
01-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Dogs, cats, birds, squirrels, and the occasional deer. One time we had turkeys running around that Dad followed around to get some pictures. He ended up in a mini war with the Mother Turkey.

He loss.

fat_moogle
01-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Have any of you ever spotted a wild Kelis? I hear her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, but I'm unsure which season she appears.

Vermachtnis
01-02-2016, 01:23 AM
There are cats and bunnies running around.

blackmage_nuke
01-02-2016, 06:11 AM
Saw a cat there once but we have a better fence now (unrelated)

Shiny
01-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Back where I lived before rabbits and deer were common. They'd go on people's lawns all the time and eat their plants. And the occasional possum and cat would make the nocturnal appearance. Now I get mostly just skunks and it terrifies me to take the trash out at night. I did see a coon near the park once though whilst I was walking home, but it looked terrified of me. The skunk was more just like "try me".

Shaibana
01-02-2016, 01:25 PM
only some birds, but my cat and dog will make sure they dont stay long in the backyard...

Night Fury
01-02-2016, 01:34 PM
We get bats sometimes.

In Aus, a lot of lizards!

Mr. Carnelian
01-02-2016, 02:01 PM
I currently live in a flat in the middle of a city, so animals are in short supply.

But, back in my old house out in the countryside, we got all sorts. Rabbits, foxes, pheasants, hedgehogs, badgers, even a muntjac deer once. I have NO idea how it got over the fence. The smaller animals dug holes under the fence, but a muntjac couldn't have done that, and there's no way it could have jumped it. It couldn't find a way out, so I had to let it out by the front. It ran down the road and then jumped over the small fence at the end into the field which led into the woods.

We got LOTS of pheasants passing through come hunting season. They usually travelled in pairs. The cats were absolutely terrified of them: once Ginger went into the garden when the pheasants were there, and the pheasant screeched at it and flapped its wings, which made Ginger scurry back indoors. He went and hid under the sofa, and wouldn't come out for hours.

Galuf
01-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Aye. Random cats and rarely dogs

01-06-2016, 02:37 AM

I don't know where they found deer sized leather jackets, or how they hold the knives, but it's pretty intense.

At least you can move to a safe area when you hearing snapping in the distance, some gangs aren't so courteous.

Depression Moon
01-06-2016, 02:51 AM
squirrels, birds (given), frogs during the summer, and rabbits.

I haven't seen any of these lately.

Fynn
01-06-2016, 06:46 AM
There's an orange cat who comes to our window for snuggles.

Sometimes he fights off other cats who try to invade his territory. Go orange cat!

Pumpkin
01-06-2016, 06:49 AM
You should name the cat

Fynn
01-06-2016, 06:53 AM
He's the neighbors' cat, so I don't think it's appropriate. We just call him Rudzik, which is kind of a pet name to call orange cats.

Pumpkin
01-06-2016, 06:58 AM
You should go to your neighbours house and be like

"We're going to name your cat Rodriguez." And when they protest just be like "Shh. SHHHH. Rodriguez" and then back away back to your house while maintaining intense eye contact

blackmage_nuke
01-06-2016, 07:43 AM
We get bats sometimes.

In Aus, a lot of lizards!

The lizards are so common I think of them more like bugs than animals

TheKeybasHKey
01-12-2016, 06:22 AM
Sometimes Chickens come into our yard and even a Rooster comes with them.

Bubba
01-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Our garden is tricky to get into for animals so only your common bugs and spiders.

MissH's Mum and Dad have a huge garden though and get lots of rabbits, foxes, ducks, herons... allsorts. Plus, they're garden is right next to a farm with sheep and cows.

I'm sure I saw a griffin fly over the pond once but this was after a few glasses of whiskey.

Formalhaut
01-12-2016, 10:56 AM
We don't have a garden. :grover:

sharkythesharkdogg
01-12-2016, 02:16 PM

At least you can move to a safe area when you hearing snapping in the distance, some gangs aren't so courteous.

Snapping and knife wielding. These are some pretty versatile cloven hooves.

I wonder if I could get them to make peace with each other, and focus their efforts on playing classical guitar.

I mean it sounds like all these disenfranchised youths need is a mentor to show them they have real value outside of fighting and perpetuating negative stereotypes associated with deer minorities.

Shiny
01-12-2016, 04:22 PM
I forgot there was also an albino bat that some how made its way in to the house. We turned the lights on and it went flapping about, but we thought it was a bird until it dropped to the floor dead. It had been frightened to death. Very bizarre. Still not sure how it got in the house as it seemed it was there before we opened the door.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-12-2016, 04:48 PM
we thought it was a bird until it dropped to the floor dead. It had been frightened to death.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a5/a5136bc4ceb14db47f9cd13dfa759f602056d5560e2d7908c9f7ea266d7ca6e6.jpg

FFNut
01-12-2016, 05:20 PM
My old house I used to get a ton of animals, worst being little snakes. Now I get nothing.

Sarisa
01-12-2016, 09:47 PM
I've got birds and squirrels like most people but I've also had deer, toads, a turkey, pheasants, a groundhog, and even a treefrog once (I have no idea how it got there as there isn't much water nearby).