PDA

View Full Version : FFX - If you could remove one character...

Pumpkin
01-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Who would it be and why? Keep in mind that this would affect gameplay and story!

Fynn
01-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Like that's even a question

Formalhaut
01-05-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm not sure really, I rather liked the characters in this game. I suppose Kimahri is the most superfluous, if I had to think about it. I'm not talking gameplay; I found him rather useful funnily enough. But in the story he doesn't get a whole lot of development.

Ayen
01-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Tidus. Make Yuna the MC in his place and have the whole game be from her perspective.

Psychotic
01-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Kimahri is the most pointless both in gameplay and storywise.

Shauna
01-05-2016, 05:19 PM

Karifean
01-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Nobody. Why the hell would I?

escobert
01-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Why is there no "All" option? :p

Jinx
01-05-2016, 05:47 PM

Zanmato
01-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Kimahri is the weakest link in terms of gameplay, but storywise Wakka sucks and should be removed. :P

Ayen
01-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Kimahri is the weakest link in the terms of gameplay, but storywise Wakka sucks and should be rejected. :P

http://i.imgur.com/hvRmOJZ.jpg

Fynn
01-05-2016, 07:50 PM
I happen to love Kimahri

Forsaken Lover
01-05-2016, 07:51 PM
I think in terms of story Lulu is the weakest. Her backstory is the only optional one.

Midgar Mist
01-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Tidus. Make Yuna the MC in his place and have the whole game be from her perspective.

Ermmm, they did that...its called Final Fantasy X 2

And my pick is Kimahri

Zanmato
01-05-2016, 11:39 PM

And my pick is Kimahri

Although SE could (and should) made something better than this... :P

Kimahri is the weakest link in the terms of gameplay, but storywise Wakka sucks and should be removed. :P

That's what I'm talking about! :lol:

starlet
01-06-2016, 06:09 AM

Not Tidus! Think of the memes!

CactuarKing
01-06-2016, 07:07 AM
Rikku. She is weak and only use is to steal from monsters which others pick ip later.

Fynn
01-06-2016, 07:18 AM

And my pick is Kimahri

Although SE could (and should) made something better than this... :P

Kimahri is the weakest link in the terms of gameplay, but storywise Wakka sucks and should be removed. :P

That's what I'm talking about! :lol:

Hey, X-2 is a much better game than X could ever hope to be :p

maybee
01-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Voted for Lulu because honestly she's just one big grump and there's no point in having her anymore once Yuna learns Black Magic.

Kimahri however is cute. And therefore is extra important-'nuff said ! :colbert:

Ayen
01-06-2016, 02:02 PM

And my pick is Kimahri

Yes, and I'd prefer to play her in both games. Had a fan trailer that didn't even mention Tidus and had her more in the forefront. Looked so much better.

Shauna
01-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Remove Tidus and we walk Yuna to her death. Is that really what you want?

Ayen
01-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Remove Tidus and we walk Yuna to her death. Is that really what you want?

I recall her being against that plan as soon as she found out she had to sacrifice one of her guardians in addition, so...

Shauna
01-06-2016, 02:10 PM
She and Seymour would have done it together.

Either that or Sin would kill her. The end.

Fynn
01-06-2016, 02:12 PM
And when I say that about Vaan people give me this look :erm:

Ayen
01-06-2016, 02:17 PM

I doubt she'd even done it to Seymour, to tell you the truth.

But yeah, a Final Fantasy game where the bad guys win. Hilarious :roll2

Obviously if she was the main protagonist without a Tidus involvement the story would be rewritten accordingly, so your argument is invalid right out of the gate.

Shauna
01-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Well duh.

But Pumpkin's question asks us to consider the impact it would have on the existing story. So the story as it stands without Tidus' inclusion would have us walk Yuna to her death.

CactuarKing
01-06-2016, 02:25 PM
And when I say that about Vaan people give me this look :erm:

Because Vaan is a muppet!! :eek:

Ayen
01-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Well duh.

But Pumpkin's question asks us to consider the impact it would have on the existing story. So the story as it stands without Tidus' inclusion would have us walk Yuna to her death.

All she said was that it'd affect gameplay and story, which is vague and can be interpret in different ways. Hence my reasoning.

But hey, Square having enough balls to kill off the main character you play as for most of the game would've been something to talk about. Until they retconned it in the sequel after the Spirits Within nearly bankrupted them.

Psychotic
01-06-2016, 02:40 PM
But hey, Square having enough balls to kill off the main character you play as for most of the game would've been something to talk about. Until they retconned it in the sequel after the Spirits Within nearly bankrupted them.I agree. Say, you know that Tidus fella you want rid of so much? Well, got some news for you buddy...

Ayen
01-06-2016, 02:49 PM
But hey, Square having enough balls to kill off the main character you play as for most of the game would've been something to talk about. Until they retconned it in the sequel after the Spirits Within nearly bankrupted them.I agree. Say, you know that Tidus fella you want rid of so much? Well, got some news for you buddy...

Yeah, but in this case, people would've actually cared.

You know, I'm not the only here to vote for Tidus, nor give an opinion, and yet... for some reason. You lot keep quoting me, and arguing with me back and forth, and to be frank with you. It's getting on my nerves. So, to avoid another haha Ayen rage quit moment, I'm going to log out. I'm going to take a breather. And then I'm going to come back and post a picture of a cat.

Zanmato
01-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Hey, X-2 is a much better game than X could ever hope to be :p

Say that again! I dare you, I double dare you, mothersmurfer! Say that one more Goddamn time!
*Points the gun at Fynn*

Fynn
01-06-2016, 03:52 PM
FFX-2 is a better game than FFX :bounce:

CactuarKing
01-06-2016, 04:11 PM
"
FFX-2 is a better game than FFX :bounce:" said Fynn

Then woke up and realised it was a dream.

Fynn
01-06-2016, 04:21 PM
oh, it hurts, doesn't it. The truth :D

CactuarKing
01-06-2016, 04:23 PM
The truth will hurt when you realise it yes.....

FFX-2 is a really quite dire game and not as good as FFX.

When you wake up, let me know!! :P

Fynn
01-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Well, it didn't have Tidus in it, so that's definitely a step forward :p

That, and at least the combat wasn't a total slog, and the game at least doesn't pretend to be anything deep anymore :gator:

CactuarKing
01-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Well, it didn't have Tidus in it, so that's definitely a step forward :p

That, and at least the combat wasn't a total slog, and the game at least doesn't pretend to be anything deep anymore :gator:

Apart from his constant need to laugh, I quite enjoyed playing as Tidus.

Wakka was quite annoying with his accent/stupidity.

I also enjoyed the combat. Even the monster arena.

I enjoyed FFX-2, but it is just (for me anyway) not in the same league as FFX

Fynn
01-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Of course it's not. It's nowhere near as terrible :monster:

CactuarKing
01-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Of course it's not. It's nowhere near as terrible :monster:

Erm......what the smurf?

FFX is MUCH, MUCH better than FFX-2!

** WINDS UP FOR 10000 NEEDLES **

Fynn
01-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Oh man, some of you guys are so easy ;)

Be happy you can enjoy a game I just cannot. I think FFX is bad. It's my loss.

Psychotic
01-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Fynn's right, X-2 rules. Accept it and your life will be so much better.

CactuarKing
01-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Oh man, some of you guys are so easy ;)

Be happy you can enjoy a game I just cannot. I think FFX is bad. It's my loss.

Well that was an easy adult conversation.

Erm................carry on!!

** Twirls moustache **

Pete for President
01-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Rikku offers very little in terms of story and gameplay, overdrive aside. Kimahri makes a better thief when taught Mug and Use with Ability Spheres as he's way tankier, has high MP and actually does damage while using Mug. :colbert:

On top of that I just don't like Rikku. :|

CactuarKing
01-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Fynn's right, X-2 rules. Accept it and your life will be so much better.

Erm....I'm good ta!!

Formalhaut
01-06-2016, 07:55 PM
You know guys, you can kill Tidus over and over again by playing the Dissidia games. :p

Fynn
01-06-2016, 07:57 PM
He's actually pretty competent there though, so itd be a shame

Mirage
01-06-2016, 08:08 PM
If I could remove one character, I would remove no one. Thankfully, the topic didn't say I *had* to remove one :p. I don't think anyone in the party are both annoying and inconsequential to the story,

Laddy
01-07-2016, 01:35 AM
Take out Tidus. Split Tidus' roles on the story between Auron and Rikku, with Auron having the Jecht/Zanarkand connection and Rikku driving the anti-Yevon and culture shock storylines. Make Rikku the speedy secondary fighter and make Yuna the main character.

maybee
01-07-2016, 09:06 AM

I doubt she'd even done it to Seymour, to tell you the truth.

But yeah, a Final Fantasy game where the bad guys win. Hilarious :roll2

Obviously if she was the main protagonist without a Tidus involvement the story would be rewritten accordingly, so your argument is invalid right out of the gate.

Yuna was never into Seymour romantically, she respected him and admired him as a teacher and only wanted to marry him so others could be happier for a while- this is the young woman who was willing to sacrifice her own life, for everybody else in Spira, so a marriage between her and Seymour was just another big sacrifice for Spira for her. There was no love between them, at least on Yuna's side.

Even with or without Tidus, Lord Jyscal still would've dropped his sphere, and Yuna still would've had her plan/s to try and stop Seymour and then attempt to agree to the marriage at a chance of Sending him. Rikku would still throw the Al Bhed grenade to halt the wedding, because she would've still had the desire to become a Guardian to protect her cousin. Yuna would still use summons to escape from Seymour.

Love Tidus or hate the guy, but his role of the story was to introduce the player into Spira- whenever you had a question about something Spira related- you had that question too, Tidus was there to answer the question, and to help world building and to help the player understand this fantasy universe and it's culture and rules.

Shiva95
01-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Kimarhi.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-07-2016, 10:17 PM
I choose to disregard the choices in the poll and take Seymour out of the game. I like some of the concepts behind him, but I don't think those concepts were utilized well and the character wasn't very good. I can probably say that about most characters and aspects of the game though despite liking the game myself.

CactuarKing
01-08-2016, 03:57 PM
I choose to disregard the choices in the poll and take Seymour out of the game. I like some of the concepts behind him, but I don't think those concepts were utilized well and the character wasn't very good. I can probably say that about most characters and aspects of the game though despite liking the game myself.

A bold choice, but a quite good one non the less.

I applaud you for your non-conformity.

Quite a big rewrite though. :erm:

Forsaken Lover
01-09-2016, 03:31 AM
X and X-2 are both good games. Just like Alien and Aliens are both good movies. You don't have to choose one or the other.

But like Alien, X is better than its sequel.

Mercer
05-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Khimari. Because he's already the least interesting character. No one would notice he was gone.

TidusReborn
07-11-2016, 10:26 AM
The Leblancs.

fat_moogle
07-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Take out Tidus. Split Tidus' roles on the story between Auron and Rikki, with Auron having the Jecht/Zanarkand connection and Rikku driving the anti-Yevon and culture shock storylines. Make Rikku the speedy secondary fighter and make Yuna the main character.
I was going to vote for Kimahri until I read this!

Sorry (not sorry), Tidus. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

iXanon
07-31-2016, 10:03 AM
I voted Rikku, simply because I didn't really like her and don't think she particularly 'fits' with the other characters of the game.

It was a close call between her and Lulu - I hardly used Lulu at all for battles (and am now suffering the consequences grinding away at her sphere grid).

FFNut
08-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Kimahri. He is the weakest link on the team as his overdrive is subpar, and his sphere grid is underwhelming. However he is the link to the Ronso's however you could cut him and still have a story there

Skyblade
08-18-2016, 02:38 AM
Take out Tidus. Split Tidus' roles on the story between Auron and Rikku, with Auron having the Jecht/Zanarkand connection and Rikku driving the anti-Yevon and culture shock storylines. Make Rikku the speedy secondary fighter and make Yuna the main character.

Which one would be the love interest?

FinalxxSin
08-28-2016, 05:00 AM
I'd take out Yuna so that way all characters could be equal in the number of Aeons that they have lol!
On a serious note, I don't know who I"d like to see removed. I feel every character has some form of importance in the game.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-03-2016, 07:02 AM
I feel like any one of these could be a reality if you paid Yojimbo a game breaking amount of gil.

fire_of_avalon
09-06-2016, 04:45 AM
I am pretty upset that one of you jerks picked Auron so you may as well show yourself so I can be mad at you to your face.

Pike
09-08-2016, 06:36 PM
How about no one because every single person in this game is great :colbert:

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
05-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Yuna! Could never stand her.