PDA

View Full Version : If you knew everything...

Pumpkin
01-08-2016, 05:00 PM
If somehow you knew everything in the world, and you were the only person who did, would you tell anybody or would you keep it to yourself? Would you decide to rule the world with this incredible power, or would you just use it on a smaller scale?

Freya
01-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Oh man. I'd probably go crazy in reality. That's a lot of knowledge I don't think a human mind could handle. I'd go looney. But if that didn't happen I'd use it to make money and whatnot.

Psychotic
01-08-2016, 05:19 PM
You could do anything. For example if you were playing football/soccer you would know exactly how hard and at what angle you would need to strike the ball in order for it to be a goal, so you could score 100 times in each game and be the world's best pros. Or if you ran for President, firstly you would know all the right things to say and do and the right person to say them to in order to get nominated and then what things to say to the nation to convince enough of them to vote for you. You'd also know some awesome things - is there a god, is there intelligent life out there, the cure for cancer, the meaning of life!

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-08-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm with Freya. That isn't something I'd ever want. D: I think I'd go insane.

Pumpkin
01-08-2016, 05:24 PM
You'd also know some awesome things - is there a god, is there intelligent life out there, the cure for cancer, the meaning of life!

I was thinking about this. Would you want to tell people? I feel like the way people are (some people), they'd believe you know everything until you tell them something they don't want to hear and then it would be all "FAAAAKKKE". Especially considering how some people will just blatantly deny facts that disagree with their thinking. So them getting riled up over things like the meaning of life, it might lead to some ugly things.

I suppose if I knew everything though, I would know how to handle that :lol:

Also for the sake of discussion let's assume that you won't automatically go insane thanks to forum topic magic~

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Ah, forum magic! In that case, I think I'd probably make a lot of money by betting on sports and gambling and whatnot. Ooooh! Maybe I'd become like the BEST poker player ever! That'd be pretty cool.

Labella
01-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I'd feel a sense of obligation to share this knowledge with the world to better it that is ..if I cared about it. I'd annihilate what I despise n spare those who I deem worthy, being cognitively superior n all. Tragically power is often used to crush the weak n intellectually inferior.

Hollycat
01-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Id science myself the perfect body, make the world a little better, and then find out how to erase the extra knowledge so I can live a normal life.

Formalhaut
01-08-2016, 06:54 PM
You'd also know some awesome things - is there a god, is there intelligent life out there, the cure for cancer, the meaning of life!

I was thinking about this. Would you want to tell people? I feel like the way people are (some people), they'd believe you know everything until you tell them something they don't want to hear and then it would be all "FAAAAKKKE". Especially considering how some people will just blatantly deny facts that disagree with their thinking. So them getting riled up over things like the meaning of life, it might lead to some ugly things.

Also for the sake of discussion let's assume that you won't automatically go insane thanks to forum topic magic~

The meaning of life (or, the meaning of your life) isn't something that you can be told; it's something you have to figure out for yourself.

Zanmato
01-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Act like nothing happened, because enough is enough.

SammieBabe
01-08-2016, 07:31 PM
I would rule as a benevolent dictator. :)

Karifean
01-08-2016, 09:18 PM
I don't know. Ask the theoretical me that knows everything what I'd do if I theoretically knew everything.

I guess from my current perspective I'd mainly keep on living and use this power as I see fit. Pass on some of the knowledge to other people. If I somehow keep the same moral stance I have now I'd probably start interacting with people exactly so that they find happiness. I wouldn't celebrate myself as a celebrity or ruler or anything like that though.

Mirage
01-08-2016, 09:35 PM
True answer? I'd probably kill myself.

Otherwise I'd just go ahead and win some lotteries and never have to work again and just spend my days playing all the games/watch all the movies that I know exactly how are going to end before even starting them. Sounds like super fun. Yeah, I think I'll settle for killing myself.

Ayen
01-08-2016, 10:47 PM
I'd be more active in Academia.

Crop
01-08-2016, 11:49 PM

You would also know how to convince them that what you're saying is true.

I'd use the knowledge to make sure I had vast amounts of money, then I'd use the knowledge to figure out how to forget it all. I could then help the world with my money in my own humble way.

Either that or use it to help humanity stop poverty, hunger, begin world peace and explore the stars.

Mr. Carnelian
01-09-2016, 12:01 AM
I'd do as much good as I could. There are a LOT of problems that could be fixed with more knowledge. And I'd try to share knowledge as well.

Of course, there are some things that ought not to be told. Like Formy said, there are things which people have to find out for themselves.

escobert
01-09-2016, 05:08 AM
I already know everything ;)

Hollycat
01-09-2016, 07:47 AM
I already know everything ;)
Do you even know what it's like to not know anything?

Madame Adequate
01-09-2016, 03:45 PM
I'd definitely try to use it to rule the world and probably get killed by a massive uprising.

Bubba
01-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I would use it for good to improve the world and our way of life.

Though I would probably speak in riddles or something because I'm a bit of a prick.

Midgar Mist
01-10-2016, 03:21 AM
I would use it for good to improve the world and our way of life.

Though I would probably speak in riddles or something because I'm a bit of a prick.

Speaking in riddles helps to confuse those who would try and overthrow you. I mean what if somebody else suddenly knew eveything? Then maybe your genius plan would work.
As for me, I know and remember a lot so knowing more would probably be more painful. I'd also have to have some kind of level headed gift along with knowing everything.

Slothy
01-10-2016, 04:39 AM
Knew everything? Like everything there is to know in the entire universe?

I might very well just kill myself because it's the only way i can imagine ever dying content. When there's nothing left to learn. And the thought of continuing to exist in such a scenario sounds utterly boring.

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2016, 05:51 AM
Assuming such knowledge didn't drive me to a bumbling fool, I would use my knowledge to control the world from the shadows and then plot against my regime to alleviate my boredom.

Mr. Carnelian
01-10-2016, 11:36 AM
Knew everything? Like everything there is to know in the entire universe?

I might very well just kill myself because it's the only way i can imagine ever dying content. When there's nothing left to learn. And the thought of continuing to exist in such a scenario sounds utterly boring.

Lots of people talking about offing themselves if they knew everything. Honestly, that doesn't make sense to me. If you really knew everything and were able to tell this knowledge to others, it would be the most important thing in human history. Surely you should at least tell it to someone first! Deliberately dying without in some way communicating at least some of this knowledge would be one of the most selfish things imaginable.

Like other people have said, you could always use your infinite knowledge to find a way to erase that knowledge from your mind once you've shared the important stuff. If you knew everything, that would necessarily include the knowledge of how to make yourself forget anything. No need to off yourselves, guys!

Iceglow
01-10-2016, 02:23 PM
I'd definitely try to use it to rule the world and probably get killed by a massive uprising.

I'd rule the world too. Except, I wouldn't be killed in some massive uprising because I would know exactly whom to assassinate, buy, convince to my side or whatnot to prevent said uprising. I would also know the exact details of the person's vice and how to get it. Here's a little thing for you:

If you knew everything, about anything, about anyone and everyone. Provided your brain could theoretically handle that as a thing. The answer to the great question of "Is there a God?" would be yes. It would be you. Think about it:

You're all knowledgable... knowledge is power, knowing absolutely everything makes you all powerful, you don't need to be somewhere to know something happened so you're omniprescence.

You would in effect be the God Emperor of Mankind.

The real issue would be to not let hubris get the better of you, not buy in to your own greatness so much that you start to believe no one would harm you.

Pumpkin
01-10-2016, 02:29 PM
What if your knowledge worked like a magic eight ball? Except, you know, accurate and inside your head. Meaning you wouldn't know an answer unless you ask a question. So all of the knowledge would be there, but not at the same time. You'd need to pull it out first. Would that change things or your feelings on it? Would it make a big difference?

Just thought it would be an interesting aspect to discuss

FinalxxSin
01-12-2016, 07:20 AM
If you were open about having such an ability, you would either become an experiment or dead. What would be interesting would be changing how you would die, since you would already know that as well.

Shiny
01-13-2016, 02:55 PM
If I knew everything? I'd cure Cancer and any sort of long term ailments like Lupus, Diabetes, etc. Then I'd promptly shoot myself in the head.