PDA

View Full Version : Rate your Games 2015

Sephiroth
12-30-2015, 07:03 AM
I only rate games that I have at least played for an hour otherwise my impression is probably gonna be useless.

Tales of Xillia 1: 7-8/10
Tales of Graces f: 8/10
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom: 5/10
Alice: Madness Returns: 8/10
Remember Me 7/10
Silent Hill 1: 7-8/10
Bayonetta 2: 10/10
Shadow Hearts: Covenant: 6-7/10
Atelier Shallie The Alchemist of Dusk Sea: 7/10
Silent Hill Homecoming: 6/10
Batman Arkham Asylum: 7/10
Fatal Frame V: Project Zero Maiden of Black Water: 8/10
Atelier Sophie The Alchemist of the Wonder Book: 7-8/10
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess: 8-9/10
Super Smash Bros. Wii U: 8/10

Aulayna
12-30-2015, 01:48 PM
FFXIV Heavensward 6.5/10
FF Type-0 8/10
Fallout 4 9/10
AC Syndicate 8/10
Overwatch 10/10

Wolf Kanno
12-30-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm sticking to games I've finished and not replays.

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 9/10
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - 7/10
Bioshock - 6/10
Zone of the Enders - 6/10
Portal - 9/10
Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain - 10/10 GotY :wcanoe:

Formalhaut
12-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Right, okay, here we go. Dragon Age: Inquisition is marked harshly here, primarily for the shocking state of the game's sidequests. Borderlands 2 would probably be marked a few decimals lower, but I played with Mr. Carny which resulted in some fun evenings.

Persona 3: Portable - 9.0/10
Persona 4: Golden - 9.3/10 (My GOtY)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - 8.5/10
Borderlands 2 - 9.0/10
Dragon Age 2 - 8.4/10
Dragon Age: Inquisition - 7.5/10
Pokemon X/Y - 8.1/10
Miles Edgeworth: Investigations 2 - 8.0/10
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - 8.4/10

My 2016 list is pretty heaving, to be honest, with several games releasing for the new PS4.

EDIT:

There's actually a few things I forgot that I've played this year, too:

999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors - 8.0/10
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright - 9.1/10
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies - 8.8/10

Aulayna
12-30-2015, 07:56 PM
I really want to try P4 as Risette's character really interests me. I watched the Golden Animation but it skips over quite a lot of stuff it seems.

Formalhaut
12-30-2015, 07:59 PM
I really want to try P4 as Risette's character really interests me. I watched the Golden Animation but it skips over quite a lot of stuff it seems.

I've never watched any of the anime series, but The Golden Animation apparently only covers the new additions introduced in P4: Golden. There's the original animation series which covers the events of the game proper.

But no, play the game. It's really good! The animation apparently makes the P4MC's character less friendly in certain places, so play the game. :D

Pumpkin
12-30-2015, 08:15 PM
New games I've played/am playing. Not counting replayed games, also only from March forward because I don't remember which were new before then!

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - 5.5/10
AquaPazza - 7.5/10
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! - 7.5/10
Atelier Ayesha - 6/10
Atelier Rorona 7/10
Atelier Shallie 7/10
BlazBlue Chronophantasma - 2/10
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club - 4/10
Clannad - 7.5/10
Conception II - 7/10
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round - 7/10
Doodle God - 6/10
Dragon Quest IV - 4/10
Fallout: New Vegas - 8/10
Fallout 4 - 7/10
Fantasy Life - 6.5/10
fault milestone one - 7/10
Final Fantasy Type-0 - 6/10
Futurama - 2/10
Hyperdevotion Noire - 4/10
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk II - 6/10
Hyperdimension Neptuinia PP - 6/10
Illusion of Gaia - 5/10
King of Fighters XIII - 4/10
Kitty Powers' Matchmaker - 6.5/10
Legend of Legacy - 6/10
Long Live the Queen - 5.5/10
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven - 7.5/10
Mass Effect 2 - 7.5/10
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - 6/10
New Little King's Story - 6/10
Omega Quintet - 7/10
Persona 3 Portable - 5/10
Persona 4 Golden - 6.5/10
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 5/10
Scribblenauts Unlimited - 8/10
Style Savvy Trendsetters - 8/10
Super Mario Bros. 3 - 4/10
Tales of Graces f - 7/10
Tales of Hearts R - 9.5/10
Tales of Zestiria - 8/10
Tears to Tiara II - 7.5/10
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - 6/10
The Guided Fate Paradox - 6/10
Tokyo School Life - 8/10
Umineko ep. 1-4 - 5/10
Virtua Fighter 4 - 3/10
Ys: Memories of Celceta - 8/10

It's funny how hindsight will change the opinion on some of these games from what I thought previously

Sephex
12-30-2015, 08:38 PM
I'm going to note if I haven't beaten the game yet, but know that I put a lot of time in the games that I haven't beaten yet. I am enjoying said games, so the rating will probably go up upon completion. Also, I hate these type of game scores, so yeah.

Persona 4 Golden - 7.5/10 [[not yet beaten over 30 hours put in]]
Super Mario Maker - 8/10
Metal Gear Solid 5 - 8.5/10
Illusion of Gaia - 7.5/10
Majora's Mask DS - 9/10
Batman Arkham Knight - 7/10 [[not yet beaten over 20 hours put in]]
Fallout 4 - 7/10 [[not beaten yet about 13 hours in, but enjoying it more as I play...won't beat New Vegas for me though]]
Undertale - 10/10 (GOTY)

Not only does Undertale cater to my craving of EarthBound-like stuff, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well written the game is, and how it is a massive homage to jRPGs in general while still strongly retaining its own identity. Plus, the game has caused me to have a very strong emotional reaction to it, which is very unusual for a person like myself.

Formalhaut
12-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - 5.5/10
Atelier Ayesha - 6/10
BlazBlue Chronophantasma - 2/10
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club - 4/10
Doodle God - 6/10
Dragon Quest IV - 4/10
Fantasy Life - 6.5/10
Final Fantasy Type-0 - 6/10
Futurama - 2/10
Hyperdevotion Noire - 4/10
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk II - 6/10
Hyperdimension Neptuinia PP - 6/10
Illusion of Gaia - 5/10
King of Fighters XIII - 4/10
Kitty Powers' Matchmaker - 6.5/10
Legend of Legacy - 6/10
Long Live the Queen - 5.5/10
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - 6/10
New Little King's Story - 6/10
Persona 3 Portable - 5/10
Persona 4 Golden - 6.5/10
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 5/10
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - 6/10
The Guided Fate Paradox - 6/10
Umineko ep. 1-4 - 5/10
Virtua Fighter 4 - 3/10

Wow, so many games that are underneath a 7/10. Having said that, I've not played nearly as many games as you have this year. Your Persona scores were lower than mine; I'd like to know why, because me and Mr. Carny really enjoyed them! :jess:

Pumpkin
12-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Yeah a 5/10 is an average for me. Meaning I enjoyed it but it wasn't like AMAZING~ whereas a 7/10 means it's a very solid game that I will most likely replay and I really enjoyed. Above that means it was pretty great

I enjoyed the Persona games when I was playing them, I really did. But now, looking back on it... they just don't get me excited. I'm not sure if I will ever replay them. I think I will 4 but 3 just brings up more bad memories than good. So much dungeon and grinding and terrible pacing. While it certainly had some good spots, good characters and story for example, I'm not sure if it's worth going through the negatives again.

It was worth it to go through them once (obviously, or I would have rated them under a 5) and I did enjoy them, don't get me wrong. They are good, quality games. I am happy I played them. But they don't get me excited to play them again, if you get my meaning?

Mr. Carnelian
12-30-2015, 09:29 PM
Persona 3: Portable - 7/10
Persona 4: Golden - 8/10
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - 7/10
Tomb Raider Legend - 7.5/10
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 8/10
Tomb Raider Underworld - 8/10
Borderlands 2 - 8/10
Dragon Age 2 - 9/10
Dragon Age: Inquisition - 8.5/10
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright - 8/10

I think that's everything! :confused:

Spuuky
12-30-2015, 09:32 PM
Wow, so many games that are underneath a 7/10.Half of all games should be 5/10 or below. Something like 90% of games should be between a 3 and an 8.

Psychotic
12-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Wow, so many games that are underneath a 7/10.Half of all games should be 5/10 or below. Something like 90% of games should be between a 3 and an 8.Not at all.

Formalhaut
12-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Yeah a 5/10 is an average for me. Meaning I enjoyed it but it wasn't like AMAZING~ whereas a 7/10 means it's a very solid game that I will most likely replay and I really enjoyed. Above that means it was pretty great

I think this is where we've differed in understanding about the scale. I tend to read reviews rather often, and basically any game below a 7 is varying degrees of 'rubbish'. A 7 itself is only a passing mark as far as games are concerned, and I guess I get sucked into that line of thinking.

When I rate games, giving it a 7.5 is my way of saying "I enjoyed it, but there were undeniable flaws that cannot be overlooked", so a 7 is sort of like 'satisfactory'.

I don't really rate anything lower than a 7 unless I really didn't like it. Thankfully, I tend to play games I think I'll like, so I rarely hand out a 6.

I enjoyed the Persona games when I was playing them, I really did. But now, looking back on it... they just don't get me excited. I'm not sure if I will ever replay them. I think I will 4 but 3 just brings up more bad memories than good. So much dungeon and grinding and terrible pacing. While it certainly had some good spots, good characters and story for example, I'm not sure if it's worth going through the negatives again.

It was worth it to go through them once (obviously, or I would have rated them under a 5) and I did enjoy them, don't get me wrong. They are good, quality games. I am happy I played them. But they don't get me excited to play them again, if you get my meaning?

I think the only major flaw with Persona 3 is the pacing. There are admittedly periods where not much really happens. The social links are supposed to fill the gaps when the main story goes quiet, but it doesn't always work. Persona 4 had better pacing, except for a period in the summer when things do go a tad quiet. But I prefer Persona 4 to Persona 3, hence the slightly higher rating. I still happened to really enjoy Persona 3.

Pumpkin
12-30-2015, 09:53 PM
I used to do the 7-10 (or 5 to 10, I guess, with 5 being terrible, 7 average, and 10 great) grading scale as well but sharky pointed out that there are numbers before that and a 5 would be in the middle/average. A game above 5=above average and a game below 5=below average. It made sense to me what he was saying so I have moved away from the whole under 7=bad thing that I used to do

But yeah if you see my video game diary, I like most games I play as well! I am rarely disappointed and I rarely give up on a game or just end up not liking it

edit:
not to say the below 7=bad scale is wrong, if that's what you prefer, I just decided the other way made more sense to me personally

Spuuky
12-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Wow, so many games that are underneath a 7/10.Half of all games should be 5/10 or below. Something like 90% of games should be between a 3 and an 8.Not at all.Actually that is in fact how statistics work. I find it very unlikely that game quality does not fall into a standard bell curve. Please present any evidence to the contrary that you might have at your disposal.

And "game reviewers use imbecilic scoring standards" is not evidence. Game reviews use about a 5 point scale and call it a 10 point scale. 6/10 should just 1/5. 8/10 should be 3/5. Because that's how they actually score them.

Psychotic
12-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Wow, so many games that are underneath a 7/10.Half of all games should be 5/10 or below. Something like 90% of games should be between a 3 and an 8.Not at all.Actually that is in fact how statistics work. I find it very unlikely that game quality does not fall into a standard bell curve. Please present any evidence to the contrary that you might have at your disposal.Your point is irrelevant. Subjective opinion doesn't fall neatly into categorised boxes.

Suppose ten games are released and each one consists of controlling a single pixel around a blank screen. For the sake of differentiation the pixel is a different colour for each game. You review these games. Do you score them 1 out of 10, 2 out of 10, 3 and so on? While I must concede it would make for a rather fetching standard bell curve I wouldn't attach much weight to the critical opinion of the person who insisted the games be scored as such.

Spuuky
12-30-2015, 10:11 PM
...what? Normally your opinions at least make some smattering of sense, but I really have no idea what you're trying to say. A bell curve zoomed that far in would result in those games all having a score of 5/10, which is the best you can do with a statistically insignificant number of entries. Which is correct, there's no differentiation between them. Your system would rate them all 8/10.

Psychotic
12-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Oh, sorry. I'll dumb it down. Let me know if you want me to lower it even further or if you're good here.

Ten games are five out of ten?!?!? HAHAHAH! no sir!!! that is not the 90 percent you said!!! spuuky all "hey guise 90 percent will be between 3 - 8" uhhhh 10 games of 10 is HUNDRED PERCENT!!! what is this?! CONTRADICTION LMAOOOOOOOOOO

ps: neva sed what my system was nub hehehehe~

Formalhaut
12-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Never the mind that finding a game below a 4 is rare. Having said that, there's a question whether reviewers would even bother reviewing games that are clearly terrible.

As for the '5 to 10' or the '1 to 10' scale, I use the former, but I do accept that that the '1 to 10' scale makes much more sense, for the reasons Sharky says. I just struggle equating 5 as a perfectly average game. Calling a game 'average' in my eyes is sort of an insult in itself.

I prefer scales or reviews which break the score down into different components: sound, story, graphics, etc. and then formulating an overall score from several sub-scores. That makes more sense and is more transparent.

Spuuky
12-30-2015, 10:22 PM
Psychotic: Nope, that level pretty accurately reflects your viewpoint.

Formaulhaut: Yes, of course a singular score to represent the quality of a game is fundamentally subpar, but if you're going to do it anyway then you might as well use a scale that makes sense.

Why would you "struggle" equating 5 to a perfectly average game? 5 is the actual average of 0 and 10 (on a 1-10 scale technically 5.5 would be "average" but whatever, that's a minor detail).

Pumpkin
12-30-2015, 10:24 PM
I prefer scales or reviews which break the score down into different components: sound, story, graphics, etc. and then formulating an overall score from several sub-scores. That makes more sense and is more transparent.

I try to do that in my journal and instead of using a rating number, I just rate how much I liked it. I'm not really trying to do professional reviews though, I'm just writing reviews of games I've played because it's fun and to help others hopefully find games they might enjoy as well. But for the purposes of this thread I just did a 1-10 scale really. But yeah now you know why I picked the numbers I did. When I give a game a 6, I still like the game. It doesn't mean I think it's rubbish ^.^

I feel bad for starting this whole scaling thing now :shobon:

Psychotic
12-30-2015, 10:43 PM
Before I have to step out to visit the local burns unit, I would like to clarify that I would score all of the sole pixel games 0/10. The function of a game as a product is to bring entertainment to the consumer. There are of course a number of different ways they can achieve this - compelling gameplay, a gripping narrative, luscious graphics and so on. A game that provides its consumer with no entertainment should be scored a zero as it is not fit for purpose. Something that is not fit for purpose should not be scored as 5/10 just because the other products on the market are equally awful. The developers will see that as acceptable and continue to produce products of this quality.

In a more relevant scenario to this thread, if someone is to play 10 games this year and they all provided a large amount of entertainment then they have all met their purpose as a product and logically should receive high scores. Scoring a game poorly to fit strict statistical criteria when it has provided exactly what you wanted from it is nonsensical. It's fine to give every game you play a high score if they provided you with that much enjoyment. Indeed, well done - you are a savvy consumer who presumably makes purchases either relevant to your interests or based on critical reception. I assume that's most of us here.

For the record, I agree with Pumpkin that 5/10 is not a bad score and that "only 7/10 upwards is worth playing" is silly.

Spuuky
12-30-2015, 11:01 PM
For any individual it is plausible that the particular set of games they personally have played could all be well above average.

I assumed the pixel games were the only games that existed in the world which I was scoring them for; I was comparing them only to each other, as the only games that exist. Compared to actual games that are produced, they'd be 0/10 or 1/10 depending on where your scale starts.

Sephex
12-30-2015, 11:33 PM
And this is why I said I didn't like this type of scoring system earlier. People have vast definitions on what numbers mean. I personally view 5/10 as someone saying, "Yeah. Hmm. Yeah, it was alright." Since all of the games I personally played made me feel better or much better than that, I am not going to give it that kind of rating with that attitude of mine.

A lot of people say, "Well, what's the point of the lower scores then?" Well, I'll do a fly by on how I personally view the numbers.

0/10: Disaster. The game is literally unplayable and/or is completely devoid of all fun.
1/10: Terrible. Horribly crafted game all around. Probably is barely playable too.
2/10: Very Bad. There might be a subtle glimmer of a game, but it still plain sucks.
3/10: Bad. The game works on a fundamental level, but all or almost all aspects are just wrong or poorly crafted.
4/10: Dull. You can see a couple of things that are alright, but that's about it. Overall, not a good experience still.
5/10: Meh. It's not the worst, but it is not the best. Maybe a handful of people would enjoy it, but the majority will pass on it.
6/10: Alright. This might find a cult following, but there are still a lot of problems with the game.
7/10: Pretty good. Overall a fun experience despite (usually personal) grievances with the game. Fairly solid overall.
8/10: Good. Well crafted. Most flaws can be overlooked and most will have tons of fun.
9/10: Great. Nearly everything works. Any flaws aren't a big deal. Game is a pleasure to play through.
10/10: Awesome. Does not mean flawless. This is a game that completely satisfied the player. Any flaws really boils down to niche personal preferences or edgy people hating on something that is most likely popular.

Having even broken it down like that I still don't believe those definitions are rock solid. When I wrote for a website with a couple of buddies a few years ago I absolutely hated the number system. We had people who were over enthusiastic and gave anything they simply enjoyed a 10/10. We had people that would give a 3/10 for a movie because there might have been one scene that sort of didn't work. There were the people who took numbers way too literally and gave everything a 5 or 6 because they wanted to look cool by appearing cynical (and thus intelligent). It was a mess. When I wrote for a college newspaper the editors thankfully let me get away without using ANY scoring system at all. I wrote what I had to write and gave an overall blurb at the end. No one ever had a problem understanding how I felt about a game, and any frequent reader of mine could easily tell how they would feel about a game based on how I described it.

So that's my fun time happy thing. Feel free to pick it apart and feel better about yourself. :)

Spuuky
12-30-2015, 11:51 PM
7/10 post

Sephex
12-30-2015, 11:54 PM
7/10 post

God damned it, I laughed.

Ayen
12-31-2015, 12:39 AM
I reject your rating system and substitute my own.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Skip it
F.E.A.R. Online: Skip it
Final Fantasy VI: Get it
Street Fighter II' Champion Edition: Get it
Mortal Kombat: Get it
Soul Blade: Get it
Tekken: Try it
Beyond Two Souls: Get it
The Walking Dead Season Two: Get it
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis: Get it
Silent Hill 3: Get it
WWF WrestleMania 2000: Get it
The Legend of Zelda: Get it
Final Fantasy: Get it
Metal Gear: Get it
Rush 2 Extreme Racing USA: Get it
Xenogears: Get it
The Wolf Among Us: Get it
Left 4 Dead: Get it
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Justice For All: Get it
Final Fantasy V: Try it
Yggdra Union: Try it
NES Batman: Skip it
GEN Batman: Get it
The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse: Get it
The Lucky Dime Caper starring Donald Duck: Get it
The Lion King: Skip it
GEN Aladdin: Get it
SNES Aladdin: Try it
The Little Mermaid: Get it
BattleTanx Global Assault: Get it
Super Mario Sunshine: Get it
Battletoads & Double Dragon: Get it
Crash Bandicoot 2 Cortex Strikes Back: Get it
Sword of Sodan: Skip it
Shadow of the Beast 2: Skip it
Dark Castle: Skip it
Street Fighter Movie Game: Try it
Superman 64: Skip it
Castlevania 64: Try it
Super Mario Bros 3: Get it
Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Get it
Super Metroid: Get it
Chrono Trigger: Get it
Portal: Get it
RPG Maker 3: Try it
Eye Toy Play: Get it

GEN stands for Genesis/Mega Drive for those of you who don't know.

I had a pretty good year.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-31-2015, 03:17 AM
Never the mind that finding a game below a 4 is rare. Having said that, there's a question whether reviewers would even bother reviewing games that are clearly terrible.

As for the '5 to 10' or the '1 to 10' scale, I use the former, but I do accept that that the '1 to 10' scale makes much more sense, for the reasons Sharky says. I just struggle equating 5 as a perfectly average game. Calling a game 'average' in my eyes is sort of an insult in itself.

I think it clearly comes down to perception. The idea of a '5 to 10' scale is at best misleading. It's effectively the same as a '1-5' scale with one extra place. In fact, that's how I interpret most game reviews by major publishers now. The only difference is rating a game "7 of 10" instead of "2.5 of 5" sounds better when you break it down to "the game scored a 7" instead of "the game scored 2.5".

Look at Sephex's thoughts behind each score on the 1-10 scale. There's a good solid range there. Even if I don't necessarily agree with the thoughts behind each number, it's pretty close. Furthermore, if I were to read his reviews regularly I'd begin to know what to expect from a game based off of his scores.

Now take his thoughts and try to squeeze them into the 5-10 scale. It's suddenly much less detailed. Two games that may score a "7 out of 10" on the new, smaller scale could score differently on the old 1-10 scale. One could get a "5 out of 10" and the other could get a "7 out of 10". There's more room for nuance.

Particularly when you factor in all the separate categories you mentioned (story, music, graphics), limiting yourself to a 5 or 6 point scale begins to get tough.

TL;DR I don't think a 5 or 6 grading point scale is particularly bad, but I find it intentionally misleading that the scale is shown between 5 and 10 versus keeping it 1 to 5. I think having a 1-10 scale where you really only use the last 3 numbers is either asinine or even more intentionally misleading in an attempt to appease publishers and keep a steady cash flow to the magazine/website that reviewer works for.

I think a 10 point scale is better as it gives the opportunity to have more range of quality between games represented.

Karifean
12-31-2015, 03:53 AM
9.5 G-senjou no Maou
9.0 Muv-Luv Alternative
9.0 Symphonic Rain
8.5 Rose Guns Days
8.0 AIR
8.0 Cross†Channel
8.0 Grisaia no Kajitsu
8.0 Kara no Shoujo
8.0 999
8.0 Virtue's Last Reward
8.0 Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!
8.0 Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
7.5 Hakuouki ~Shinsengumi Kitan~
7.0 Analogue: A Hate Story
7.0 Hate Plus
7.0 eden*
7.0 Katawa Shoujo
7.0 Saya no Uta
6.5 Moonshine
6.5 Muv-Luv
6.0 don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story
6.0 Digital: A Love Story

I generally use a 0-10 scale reminiscent of the usual school system with anything above 5 being passing mark. 5 means I'm completely neutral towards it, or in other words everything positive about it had an equal negative to set it off. Since I appreciate pretty much everything I read, play and watch anything below a 6 is a rarity. Also I don't really calculate the score by any real pattern, they're more like "tiers" for me. And I guess I do have an 11/10 so I do the whole scaling thing rather loosely.

Oh and since this is in the gaming forum I might as well add Undertale which would get a solid 8.5 so far and might go up to a 9 if the genocide route turns out as amazing as it started. Oh and Dark Chronicle which I'd give a 7 so far. And Perfect Cherry Blossom which gets an 8. Wow I really stopped playing regular games somewhere down the road, didn't I...

Dr Unne
12-31-2015, 08:56 PM
1 = not very fun
5 = kinda fun
10 = very fun

Shadow Warrior: 7
Nihilumbra: 2
Space Run: 7
Strider: 7
Wolfenstein TNO: 7
Momodora III: 5
Demon Gaze: 5
Axiom Verge: 10
Race the Sun: 5
Whoa Dave: 9
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes: 5
Long Live the Queen: 4
Etrian Odyssey 2: 8
Geometry Wars 3: 7
The Witcher: 9
Zero Escape VLR: 8
Dragon Quest V: 6
Xeodrifter: 3
Castle in the Darkness: 7
You Must Build a Boat: 5
Legend of Legacy: 3
Bloodborne: 9
Dark Souls 2: 8

I forget what else I played this year. It was a good year though. We're in a golden age of gaming right now imho.

Sephiroth
01-01-2016, 06:24 AM
What even happened here

Madame Adequate
01-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Undertale 9.8/10. It's okay.

Psychotic
01-02-2016, 11:43 PM
May as well actually do this.

2015 releases:
Undertale: 10
Final Fantasy Record Keeper: 10
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection: 9
Until Dawn: 9
Fallout 4: 8
Rocket League: 8
Metal Gear Solid V: 8
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: 7
Telltale Game of Thrones: 7
Albino Lullaby: 6
Lego Jurassic World: 6
Stranded Deep: 6
Windward: 6
FIFA 16: 6
The Beginner's Guide: 5
Besiege: 4
Five Nights at Freddy's 3: 3 (I get much more enjoyment out of watching Sephex play than playing myself)
Savage Lands: 2

Games not released in 2015 but I played for the first time:
Papers Please: 8
The Wolf Among Us: 8
Silent Hill 2: 8
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker: 7
Outlast: 7
The Escapists: 7
Silent Hill 3: 7
Rogue Legacy: 6
To The Moon: 6
7 Days to Die: 2

6/10 is my equivalent of 7 or 8 out of 10 I guess.

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-03-2016, 12:02 AM
This was an excellent year in games, imho! Sadly, there weren't many RPGs I really cared to try out. Maybe this year will be different.

Dragon Age Inquisition: 9/10
Grand Theft Auto V: 8/10
Destiny: 5/10
Destiny - The Taken King: 7/10
The Last of Us: 8/10
Middle Earth - Shadow of Mordor: 4/10
Diablo 3 - Ultimate Evil Edition: 6/10
Disgaea 5: 9/10
Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA F: 6/10
Hastune Miku - Project DIVA 2nd: 8/10
Jak and Daxter: 8/10
Jak II: 5/10
Jak III: 8/10
Banished: 10/10
Journey: 10/10
Persona 4 Golden: 8/10

I just started running through FFX again on Vita. I'm excited to see how it'll stand up to my nostalgia.

Fynn
01-05-2016, 08:31 AM
I don't think I've actually played anything released in 2015, IN 2015. I think the most enjoyable new discovery for me was the DQ series.

CactuarKing
01-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Fallout 4 - 7.5/10
Minecraft PS4 - 8/10
Final Fantasy X HD 9.5/10
GTA5 PS4 - 8/10
Batman Arkham Knight - 7.5/10
Rocket League - 9/10

Del Murder
01-05-2016, 07:14 PM
These are games I played in 2015 but most of them came out earlier. I am also using a real 1-10 scale that is basically how Unne described it.

Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP) - 10
Axiom Verge (PS4) - 9
Mass Effect (PS3) - 8.5
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) - 8
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) - 8
Super Mario 3D World (WiiU) - 8
Star Ocean: First Departure (PSP) - 7
Dragon Age 2 (PS3) - 6.5
Suikoden II (PS1) - 6.5
Front Mission 3 (PS1) - 6
Child of Light (PS4) - 6
Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP) - 5