PDA

View Full Version : What do you do if someone is crying?

Midgar Mist
12-30-2015, 04:29 PM
I am interested to know.

Would you comfort them or would you feel awkward?

I would comfort them, i would be nice to them and i would offer whatever advice i had, and try to cheer them up.

But i do know some people are awkward about other people crying, id only be awkward if people were being violent (and by awkward i mean frightened out of my wits)

so what would you do, if someone you knew (or maybe even someone you didnt know) was crying? Over to you.

Pumpkin
12-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Depends who it is. If I know them, I'll go based off of what I know about them. Some people feel embarrassed, so I would leave them alone and ask if they're okay later. Some people want to be comforted while they're crying.

If it's a stranger or I don't know the person's preference, I'll ask if they're okay and if there's anything I can do, and take it from there

Galuf
12-30-2015, 04:49 PM
I would probably do what i would rather have done to me.. Id try and make them feel better but im unsure how. But id try. Crying alone is terrible.

Bubba
12-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Usually I'd apologise for making them cry.

Galuf
12-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Usually I'd apologise for making them cry.

Hahahaha..... Now you made me cry.

Bri
12-30-2015, 08:24 PM
If I know that I made them cry, I will make them stop crying by making them feel better and not by ignoring them. I don't want them to end up being hurt because of me acting callous or like I don't care at all. I get hurt when I see someone I love crying. Unless they act like an a**hole then they do not deserve my sympathy at all.

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-01-2016, 03:28 AM
I guess it depends on what I observe. If they're younger, I'll definitely come over and see if I can help. If they're older I do stop and question whether I'm willing to put myself in to a potentially drama filled situation first. How much do I want to get involved? I'll more than likely make a move to offer them some generic comfort and support either way: smiling at them, hand on the shoulder, checking to make sure they're 'ok'... that sorta thing.

I'd need to feel pretty comfortable with what's going on to offer an ear or any other help though. Maybe I'm just becoming cynical as I get older.

Ayen
01-01-2016, 03:30 AM
If it's someone I know a hug. If it someone I don't, I'd probably just stand there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

Shiny
01-02-2016, 07:07 AM
If I don't know them I don't make any interaction with them and then regret it afterwards. Like that sad woman I saw on the train all dressed up nicely and crying so badly she ruined her nice makeup. If it's someone I know I just give them a half-hearted pat or just stare sadly. I have no idea what to do when people cry; it's terrible.

blackmage_nuke
01-02-2016, 12:48 PM
If it's someone I know I'll just be there incase they need something. If it's someone I don't know I'll probably ignore it unless they actively ask me for help which has never happened.

01-06-2016, 02:18 AM
I'd give them something to cry about. And then yell at them.

It all depends on my relationship with that person, the situation, and my role, or lack thereof, in the crying.

Labella
01-06-2016, 02:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tZOS8.gif

Vasher
01-06-2016, 09:00 AM
I always console those in crisis and believe I offer deep insight and sound advice. Without going into too much detail... just recently came upon a receptionist at a colleagues office who was visibly upset over "boy problems". Now every girl in that office thinks I'm "Dr. Phil".

Midgar Mist
01-08-2016, 12:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tZOS8.gif

Lol

Sephex
01-08-2016, 01:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/C2D2PN0.gif

TheKeybasHKey
01-14-2016, 08:51 AM
I don't know, i just feel sorta bad for that person who is crying.