PDA

View Full Version : Time to be a productive adult.

Wolf Kanno
12-30-2015, 10:02 PM

So I've discovered that I do need to get up somewhat early-ish if I want to actually be productive. Partly because it takes me awhile to get motivated enough to actually do anything besides make/drink coffee and stare at a computer screen skimming useless information. Basically I'm very slow to get "moving" but once I'm moving I don't ever like to stop the momentum, hence why I'm more of a night person because by then I'm in full gear and it's difficult for me to slow down and relax. Hell, I'm my most productive and creative between 2 and 5a.m.

So what about you? Are you a slow starter or do you just need a quick pick me-up before you're ready to start the day?

Freya
12-30-2015, 10:28 PM
I hate mornings. I hate them. Waking up when I don't want to is the worst thing ever. My job sucks because it makes me wake up earlier than I want to. I should just be allowed to come in whenever (lol in a fantasy land)

I used to get most of my creative work done from 12am-3am but now since I never stay up that late, well I don't do much creative work.

IF I manage to get my ass up then I can be motivated but I hate waking up when it's not on my own so it's very rare. I usually am coasting through life in a perpetual state of sleepy. No amount of coffee fixes this. I think I need a new bed too. That'd probably help.

Sephex
12-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Okay. Here I go. Yeah, this isn't that bad and--

http://i.imgur.com/4Gp4uOg.gif

Pike
12-30-2015, 11:18 PM
I love early mornings and by early mornings I mean like 3-4am. (I know other people see that as night but I've always seen that as early morning.)

For years I was really good at waking up at 3am on the dot every morning and feeling immediately refreshed, but the last couple of months have hit me hard with bad insomnia so now I don't even understand my sleep schedule anymore. Oh well.

theundeadhero
12-30-2015, 11:34 PM
My internal clock is all backwards. I still like being up all afternoon and night, then going to bed early morning. Second and third shifts jobs are pretty amazing for this.

Ayen
12-31-2015, 12:20 AM
I have to get up early when I want to record because I need the sunlight to have decent lighting in my room. It doesn't help that no matter when I set my alarm my body stays in bed either 30 minutes or an hour after the alarm goes off, so that just kills more time. Didn't manage to make it in time today because I had to shower on top of it, but I got the script done earlier so I have an extra day for recording.

Fox
12-31-2015, 12:25 AM
Dear god. Getting up early.

This is the worst. I don't have to get into work until 10AM, and it's only a 15 minute walk. But I still struggle so much. My body just will not wake up before noon or until I've been working for 3 hours, whichever comes sooner.

Colonel Angus
12-31-2015, 12:31 AM
My alarm goes off @ 5:30 am & dear god do I hate it! I'd rather start work an hour or two later & get some extra z's, but it isn't going to happen. :shrug:

Mr. Carnelian
12-31-2015, 12:38 AM
I find it a lot harder to get up in the winter. If it's dark outside my window, I just feel like going back to sleep. I can get up a lot earlier in the summer.

starlet
12-31-2015, 01:50 AM
It's almost 9 pm. I still haven't adulted today. Literally just played games and watched Dr who all day. #noragrats. I never used to be a morning person but now I tend to get up early even on days off out of habit, which isn't terrible I guess. Makes it harder to throw me off schedule.

Madame Adequate
12-31-2015, 03:29 AM
I'm totally a morning person!

Because I don't go to bed until dawn.

fat_moogle
12-31-2015, 07:29 AM
It's almost 7:30am and I'm on the bus to work. I work in retail so I have no choice but to get up early on certain days as I can work various times such as 7-4 or 12-9. I'm on 8-5 today.

Bubba
12-31-2015, 11:22 AM
I think I'm better at getting up now I'm a bit older. Also, it's much easier when I'm focussing on working out. The other morning I was in work at 8am and got up at 5am to do a 5K run :cool:

Midgar Mist
12-31-2015, 04:54 PM
I am The Queen of the Night.

The night going into early morning is my best time because i can be my most productive creatively and with gaming. During the day i have the Parental Police to deal with who sit there watching bad television during their breaks from interfering with my life.

Being a productive adult is a bit of a long shot for me.

Fuzakeru
12-31-2015, 11:57 PM
Eeeeh, it depends on if there's something nice to look forward to that day or not.

I do like the morning on the weekends though cause that means I can spend up to an hour lying in bed staring at my phone before I have to even crawl out of bed.

DMKA
01-01-2016, 03:35 AM
Typically....

-Alarm goes off at 7
-Hit snooze until 8
-Sit up in bed with the blanket over my head until 8:15
-End up somehow spending the next 15 minutes putting my socks on
-"Oh sh- I need to be to work by 9"
-Finally force myself to get the rest of the way dressed and fly to work

I really need to stop that and get up and give myself some cushion time.