PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Crossovers

Formalhaut
12-31-2015, 08:30 PM
There's been a few crossover games I've played or have been watching; Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, among others.

What crossovers from different games could you see working? For my lot, I can really see a Persona x The World Ends With You crossover game. They're actually rather made for each other:

Both involve 'other worlds': Persona 4's T.V World and TWEWY's UG
Both have similar enemies: Persona's shadows, and the noise featured in TWEWY.
Both have similar characters: Teenagers, of about high school age, going about solving mysteries
Both have similar-ish themes: Light-hearted moments, intertwined with a surprisingly heavy story, revolving around issues of friendship, trust, and facing your death.
Both 'summon' things: TWEWY has pins which summon all manner of things: fire, meteors, lightning, etc. Personas are already well-established. This system could be easily cross-overed with Persona pins, instead of cards.
Both have similar locations: Modern Japan, both involve the use of stores to upgrade equipment, and both are culturally aware.

The actual combat system would take some work, as the two do have rather different combat systems, but there's so many similarities between the two, I could honestly see a Persona x TWEWY working well.

But what other combos can you see working?

Ayen
12-31-2015, 09:06 PM
Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. It helps that both games were made by the same creator, and I don't see anything in Bayonetta (keep in mind I haven't played the second) that would deny any connection with DMC. It's just a matter of working with Capcom on making a crossover work.

I want to say Resident Evil and Silent Hill, too, but I'm not entirely sure. It would be awesome to see Nemesis versus Pyramid head, though. Maybe throw F.E.A.R. in there too so I can see my Alma and Alessa fight each other.

Formalhaut
12-31-2015, 09:19 PM
Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. It helps that both games were made by the same creator, and I don't see anything in Bayonetta (keep in mind I haven't played the second) that would deny any connection with DMC. It's just a matter of working with Capcom on making a crossover work.

I want to say Resident Evil and Silent Hill, too, but I'm not entirely sure. It would be awesome to see Nemesis versus Pyramid head, though. Maybe throw F.E.A.R. in there too so I can see my Alma and Alessa fight each other.

Yeah, DMC and Bayonetta are sort of made for each other, really.

Ayen
12-31-2015, 09:24 PM
And since Team Ninja already worked on a Final Fantasy game...

Dead Fantasy needs to happen. Honor the memory of Monty Oum, damn you!

Wolf Kanno
01-01-2016, 01:45 AM

I don't think this would work out so well, both games had a very different approach to horror and I feel they don't compliment each other very well stylistically, despite the early installments playing identically. F.E.A.R. and RE would probably work pretty well.

A classic FF/DQ crossover would be interesting to check out. Not sure how it would even work, but I'm surprised the two series haven't crossed over as much as your would think, considering the parent company owns both properties.

Suikoden and Fire Emblem could be very interesting if done right...