PDA

View Full Version : Lets forever be Charmed

Midgar Mist
01-01-2016, 12:24 AM
Ive decided to start a Charmed thread (it may get moved if there already is one). Anything anyone wants to discuss about this great series please do so :-)

Good topics could include

-the power of three
-Cole (oh yeah!)
-favourite demons and other supernatural creatures

and anything else you can think of......

Ayen
01-01-2016, 12:49 AM
Hello. Charmed to meet you.

Oh, yes, the puns. The glorious puns! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH-! -cough-

So, I decided to check this out at the library five years ago and went through the series pretty damn quickly. Liked Phoebe and Piper at first, and then fell in love with all of the characters. I now have the complete series on DVD. Haven't checked out any of the comic books, nor had a chance to play the mobile game. Because I don't have a cellphone that can do that. Because we're cheap. Unless I can find one at a Dollar Tree. Everything should be sold at Dollar Trees. Just saying.

I got sidetracked pretty easily there. Anyway, Piper is best character. She gets to do everything. Mom, wife, sister, leader, hero, badass, plus she's the only one who gets to wear normal clothes while the other two sisters were exploited for sex appeal. But when she wanted to be sexy goddamn was she sexy! Her powers are also the best.

Mr. Carnelian
01-01-2016, 01:21 AM
Pretty much the only thing I remember about Charmed is that Cole was pretty tasty looking. :p

I have been meaning to rewatch it, though. Maybe I'll get around to that soon, then I'll be able to contribute more meaningfully to this thread.

Midgar Mist
01-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Nah Carnelian, i see what you mean but Cole wasnt physically my type, i just absolutely LOVED Julian McMahon's portrayal of this very exellent very complex character.

My type was that guy Dan in series 2. Wowser! That is until he turned into a jerk towards the end, it almost made me forget those perfectly chisled looks

And i think we all know about Ayen's love for the ladies :-). And Ayen I agree that they did have Milano and McGowan showing too much skin sometimes (but the weird thing is, Rose McGowan has complained about being treated as a sex object, and how she seems to change her mind about her beliefs every 5 minutes anyway I really dont know what to make of her)

Bri
01-03-2016, 04:47 AM
Never was charmed. I tried watching an episode or two and got so bored.

Del Murder
01-04-2016, 06:00 PM
The power of three, beats everything.

I liked watching this show at 11AM back when I was an unemployed college grad.

Freya
01-04-2016, 06:02 PM
My mom loved it, I thought it was okay. I kind of hated all the main girls though. I liked that bad guy turned good guy turned bad

Ayen
01-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Cole changed alignment more times than The Big Show on WWE programming.

Midgar Mist
01-05-2016, 03:28 AM
Cole changed alignment more times than The Big Show on WWE programming.

I know but that's what made him great. And he still comes out of the ether as some kind of in between spirit in season 7

Ayen
01-05-2016, 03:34 AM
I got burnt out on the Cole storyarc by Season 5. They really should have left well enough alone after he was vanquished near the end of Season 4.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-05-2016, 03:38 AM
One of my favourite series from childhood!

Piper is the best. I had a crush on Leo in the earlier seasons not so much later.

Midgar Mist
01-05-2016, 01:35 PM
I got burnt out on the Cole storyarc by Season 5. They really should have left well enough alone after he was vanquished near the end of Season 4.

I quite liked him coming back. But I do realise they had to stop eventually and halfway through season 5 they did. He was a complex tortured character with fatal flaws, you can't go for too long on that.

SammieBabe
01-06-2016, 03:29 PM
I used to love this show when it was on. The main reason I started watching Nip/Tuck was because I had the hots for Julian McMahon.

I actually liked Prue. Am I the only one?

Ayen
01-07-2016, 01:44 AM
I used to love this show when it was on. The main reason I started watching Nip/Tuck was because I had the hots for Julian McMahon.

I actually liked Prue. Am I the only one?

She warmed up on me by Season Three, and then she died. Didn't even get an on-screen death. I honestly thought I missed an episode when I first switched to Season Four.

Midgar Mist
01-07-2016, 04:43 AM
Yeah but I heard Shannen Doherty was being a diva so she made it impossible for them. There's only ever been rumours but, considering they can bring ghosts back in that show, Prue never appears again. Didn't said actress make sure of this? Or did she annoy them so much they banned all images of her? I've heard both things

Ayen
01-07-2016, 04:46 AM
I know the backstage reasons, but at the time of watching it took me by surprise.

She only appears again in flashbacks and usually it's the back of her head or the time when she was a dog or whatever, so they didn't have to pay her royalties. They even brought the character back in the comics in a different body.

Midgar Mist
01-07-2016, 10:57 AM
It messes up the plot but it couldn't be helped. I don't completely hate everything about her, and I heard she did a road trip series with Holly recently. I've also heard she has cancer so I can't be too harsh.

SammieBabe
01-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Going back to the days of 90210, I've heard Shannen was difficult backstage, and yeah, in flashbacks, they never even showed her face, probably for multiple reasons.
But the character herself, I liked her for the most part. Damn that Andy!!

Midgar Mist
01-07-2016, 02:53 PM
Going back to the days of 90210, I've heard Shannen was difficult backstage, and yeah, in flashbacks, they never even showed her face, probably for multiple reasons.
But the character herself, I liked her for the most part. Damn that Andy!!

I liked Andy, he was taken from us far too soon *sheds solemn tears*

SammieBabe
01-07-2016, 04:10 PM
I think Piper's character had the best evolution though. You really see her change and grow from the mousey middle sister, to the leadership role of the eldest sister.
Their grandma was the best though. I would have loved to have seen some of her adventures and the stories of all her husbands.

Midgar Mist
01-07-2016, 06:18 PM
I could always see Piper was going to have the warm and fuzzy storyline with Leo, her love life was relatively simple.

I can see Piper has a good story arc, all the veteran characters did. But in my opinion I think Phoebe grew the most. She went from bad girl youngest sister to wise columnist middle sister. And her love life was legendary. The only thing they failed on slightly was her romance with Coop, that felt rushed.

Ayen
01-07-2016, 11:23 PM
It messes up the plot but it couldn't be helped. I don't completely hate everything about her, and I heard she did a road trip series with Holly recently. I've also heard she has cancer so I can't be too harsh.

She does? Damn. Didn't know about that.

Labella
01-07-2016, 11:50 PM
I had a friend who was always talk it up in high school but I was never interested.

Midgar Mist
01-08-2016, 07:56 AM

She does? Damn. Didn't know about that.

I'm a walking Encylopedia.
Oh and this thread will live, it will it will it will it will it will LIVE DAMMIT
Ahem, so how about them Charmed sisters huh?

Shaibana
01-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Good lawd how i have loved this show. we watched the rerun 10x and it was a mandatory tv hour and the devil would be unleashed if anyone would disturb us. (my sis and i)

nothing made sense in the show tho...
and if i would watch it now i would find it incredible silly.

but my nostalgic love for Charmed will always last

Ayen
01-10-2016, 08:10 PM
The goofiness is part of the charm.

Anyone else think Cole's demon form looks like Darth Maul?

Midgar Mist
01-10-2016, 08:53 PM
The goofiness is part of the charm.

Anyone else think Cole's demon form looks like Darth Maul?

*sighs* the glorious puns.....
And now that you mention it.....Darth Maul...I can see it.

01-11-2016, 02:05 AM
Caution, super vague request coming:
I wasn't a huge fan, but I watched a lot of episodes and enjoyed them. I've been trying to remember one episode in particular for years now so I can watch it again, but only have the slightest memory about the actual plot. I mainly remember how much I loved the episode.

If anyone can help me out, I would be extremely grateful.

Again, this is super hazy so apologies in advance. It was an episode in a season towards the end of a series and the sisters had cast a spell to create the perfect boyfriend (I think). It was a comedic episode so of course shenanigans occur trying to get things back to normal.

Man. You'd think that a post with this many words would have better content. ;)

Midgar Mist
01-11-2016, 04:28 AM
I think I remember the episode you mean, and yes it is later, somewhere in series 7 I believe. The later series are the ones I've watched the least so can't help you at this point but I do planning on rewatching them. I'm halfway through a marathon with it, I've taken a break but once I start up again I will quickly get round to that episode.

Ayen
01-11-2016, 04:55 AM
Prince Charmed, Season 6, Episode 12.

01-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Both of you are amazing!! Thanks!

Midgar Mist
01-11-2016, 09:34 PM

I guess you've got the Encyclopedic Charmed Memory :-D

Or you've cheated and looked it up online, then not so much lol

Ayen
01-14-2016, 05:35 AM

I have the entire series on DVD. It wasn't hard to search.

Midgar Mist
01-17-2016, 02:44 PM

Let me get this straight....you searched through 8 series worth of DVDs just to answer a forum question?

Ayen
01-17-2016, 10:03 PM

Let me get this straight....you searched through 8 series worth of DVDs just to answer a forum question?

Nah, just went backwards from Seven.

Midgar Mist
01-19-2016, 07:10 AM
Series 7 is great. If the show had a low point at all it was series 6 for me. But they followed it with series 7 :-)

Loony BoB
01-19-2016, 11:58 AM
This series introduced me to Alyssa Milano and I am forever grateful. I enjoyed the series quite a bit, it was just a wee bit behind Buffy in terms of overall quality and that's not a bad thing at all.

Midgar Mist
01-19-2016, 03:05 PM
Alyssa Milano is a fantastic actress :-)

New topic: Most Interesting Villains and the annoying ones

The most interesting love to hate villain for me is Barbas, the Fear Demon. Billy Drago is fantastic at these kind of roles. I also liked it when Robert Englund played The Collector.
The most annoying one for me is The Seer (the original one, not Charisma Carpenter). She's a conniving bitch who ruins Phoebe and Cole's relationship. She even talks herself out of someone killing her. Everytime that happens I wanna climb inside the tv take her by suprise and do it myself!

Opinions?

Midgar Mist
01-25-2016, 02:03 AM
This thread is in a coma, it has a drip in its arm, its not looking good.....its repeating "Forever Charmed....Forever Charmed......Forever.......Forever....Forever.........Forever..........For-urk.....

Ayen
01-25-2016, 03:19 AM
Barbas is my favorite, too, and I really liked The Source of all Evil before they ruined him by showing his face. Not sure what happened between the end of Season 3 and the start of 4. Because his first appearance he was made to look awesome, and by 4 he was just a guy in black robes with a hood.

Shauna
01-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Please don't double post for the sole reason of bumping your own thread - unless you've got something new to add to the conversation. Thanks. :)