PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's got a cure.

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-01-2016, 04:20 AM
Hangovers.

I've heard a lot of tips and tricks, but I'm curious what you guys think. What's your way to handle a hangover?

My husband swears by Pedialyte. I swear by curling in to a ball for hours and hating life.

Zeldy
01-01-2016, 11:17 AM
ugh. Hangovers. I don't drink anymore, so as not to get them, as I used to get stints of several hours of being sick. No drink is worth that.

My POA is a desperate attempt at a pint of water and paracetamol before bed (whilst still drunk) and then in the morning, I'm usually up at the crack of dawn being sick. I have some stomach settling drink thing that sortof works.

I hate alcohol :P

blackmage_nuke
01-01-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm usually on the ball enough to have one water every two alcoholic beverage so I don't get hangovers, if I do I usually just need to rehydrate and sleep it off (I make sure I have no where to go the next day if I get messed up)

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-01-2016, 05:30 PM
The trick is to not stop drinking. Ever.

fire_of_avalon
01-01-2016, 11:34 PM
It's all about rehydrating before sleep

Sephex
01-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Hungover right now. Ate a greasy meal when I felt up to it and I drank tons of water. Feeling much better.

Shauna
01-02-2016, 01:08 AM
Hungover right now. Ate a greasy meal when I felt up to it and I drank tons of water. Feeling much better.

This is a good cure. That and some more sleep.

Madame Adequate
01-02-2016, 01:10 AM
Only two things have been scientifically demonstrated to reduce hangover symptoms: Drinking less, and a big greasy fry-up.

Mirage
01-02-2016, 01:28 AM
The cure is to not get them in the first place. Get lots of water to drink before you go to bed, and get something to eat as well.

Raistlin
01-02-2016, 03:20 AM
I only ever get hungover if I don't sleep enough (no matter how well hydrated I am). Today I first woke up at 8:30 after going to bed at 4, so was hungover. (then I went back to sleep off-and-on until 1, and was good to go) There have been times I've had a lot more to drink, but stayed passed out for 8+ hours, and then was perfectly fine.

So my first preferred cure is more sleep, if possible. If not, sipping on soda and nibbling greasy food is the second choice.

Shiny
01-02-2016, 05:08 AM
Literally have never had a hangover and it definitely isn't due to lack of trying.