PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle game quests?

Pumpkin
01-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Assuming they are not time sensitive, what do you do with the quests you can rack up in games like Fallout and Xenoblade? I kind of just collect a whole bunch and do them when I feel like it or when I feel like it's been too long.

escobert
01-13-2016, 05:06 PM
depends. If it's early game I collect them and then periodically do them. If it's later in the game I'll just do them as I go.

Bubba
01-13-2016, 05:16 PM
Yeah complete them as they come in.

That's why playing games like GTAV and Red Dead Redemption took me forever. It's also why I only played the start of Fallout 4 before realising it would take me at least a year to complete.

Formalhaut
01-13-2016, 06:33 PM
I'm that guy who hates having unfinished quests in the game's log or menus. Which is grating when there's a side-quest which requires you to be evil or against what you want to do, and never disappears. Take Fable; I want to be the nice character, but then this 'evil' quest appears, clogging up my list, with no way of removal. That really irks me.

Another small annoyance is when you get a quest you have no hopes of completing until you're much higher leveled. And then it just sits there, mocking you.

But no, I always do quests when they first appear. I take the completion of all available quests possible as a sign to move on with the story.

Mirage
01-13-2016, 06:40 PM
I periodically try to finish some of the things in my quest log, but i tend to have at least 5 active at any time, and then finish them in whatever order i happen to come across their objectives.

Freya
01-13-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm that guy who hates having unfinished quests in the game's log or menus. Which is grating when there's a side-quest which requires you to be evil or against what you want to do, and never disappears. Take Fable; I want to be the nice character, but then this 'evil' quest appears, clogging up my list, with no way of removal. That really irks me.

Another small annoyance is when you get a quest you have no hopes of completing until you're much higher leveled. And then it just sits there, mocking you.

But no, I always do quests when they first appear. I take the completion of all available quests possible as a sign to move on with the story.
I'm that way but I'll grind myself up to the level to do that quest when they intended you to just come back later. It makes the rest of the story easier though haha.

I'm still not done with Dragon Age: Inquisition because the time I have been able to dedicate to it I end up trying to clear out a whole zone instead of continuing the story. This is why I intentionally ignore playing games like Skyrim that has never ending quests. Screw that. I will never finish it.

I try to gather as many as I can in one area and then head out so I can knock them out without having to run back and forth a lot.

Ayen
01-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Ignore. I ain't no charity.

Zanmato
01-14-2016, 03:31 PM
I love quests, because they're a great variety to the game, but I'm doing only one at a time, because multitasking isn't my forte. :lol:

Formalhaut
01-14-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm that way but I'll grind myself up to the level to do that quest when they intended you to just come back later. It makes the rest of the story easier though haha.

I'm still not done with Dragon Age: Inquisition because the time I have been able to dedicate to it I end up trying to clear out a whole zone instead of continuing the story. This is why I intentionally ignore playing games like Skyrim that has never ending quests. Screw that. I will never finish it.

I try to gather as many as I can in one area and then head out so I can knock them out without having to run back and forth a lot.

Ugh, Dragon Age: Inquisition had terrible, flavourless quests. I didn't like them much. Having said that, be damned if I'm going to have missing fetch quests!

Fynn
01-14-2016, 03:48 PM

Another reason to hate those basic morality systems in games :p

I usually take everything and just do what I can/want to at that moment. If I want to move on, I know I can come back to it later, and I usually do. Xenoblade Chronicles was fantastic in this, as I really had fun with all those quests. Ayen, you're really missing out ;)

Del Murder
01-14-2016, 06:27 PM
If there is some kind of hub where all the quests come from then I will get all I can there before venturing out to complete them in some kind of logical pattern. I hate backtracking so I try to minimize that by doing everything I can in a location before moving on. Sometimes this leads to me forgetting what the hell quest this was and why I'm doing it!

Labella
01-14-2016, 07:33 PM
I prefer the side quests over the main quests in most games. I complete as many as I can before carrying on with the main quest, they expand the world in fantastic ways. I could spend weeks wandering from location to location, talking to random people, and triggering new quests. So much fun. Zelda and Oblivion are my favourites when it comes to game quests.

Del Murder
01-14-2016, 08:04 PM
Oh, in terms of how many I do, I do them all. I love sidequests and I also love getting 100% completion of them. It makes me feel so accomplished!