PDA

View Full Version : The XIV Days of Giftmas - Day 12

Shauna
01-03-2016, 10:41 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Kpo05xeBhrU/TRAv6BqPkUI/AAAAAAAACRY/Z3HXPopDLJ4/s1600/A_Very_Busy_Christmas_by_Luce_in_the_sky.png

On the twelfth day of Giftmas, the Shaunas gave to me...

Three days left. Three gifts still to be redeemed. Who will our lucky member be? Who is next to join the ranks of EoFF Winners of Giftmas? This will make the return to work a little bit more cheerful for that individual. Well, I suppose for us to find out you better get round to answering the following question!

Tell us about your favourite Final Fantasy dungeon, and why you love that spooky cave, or evil castle filled with goblins or whatever.

24 hours. Go.

Artwork Source (http://luce-in-the-sky.deviantart.com/art/A-Very-Busy-Christmas-148684373)

Zanmato
01-04-2016, 12:40 AM
I love Omega Ruins (FFX), because Ultima and Omega Weapon are the one of the greatest challenges in the game and these are also one of my favourite boss fights! :P

Galuf
01-04-2016, 12:40 AM
Im gonna go with memoria because how cruel it could be in real life.

Colonel Angus
01-04-2016, 01:20 AM
Omega Ruins in FFX. I like the challenge & the monsters.

Fynn
01-04-2016, 09:41 AM
The Pharos in FFXII. Gotta love how you think you're up to the top, but nope, a whole new later opens up with monsters that are even less manageable than the previous ones, and super tough boss fights, and where was that last save Crystal? And then you beat Cid in the best scene in the game with Fran and Balthier being all lovey and you cry for so many reasons... And then the mark hunts begin and the basement opens up and you cry again because you don't know if you're crying because you're happy, sad, or just scared shitless.

Formalhaut
01-04-2016, 08:57 PM
The Pharos in FFXII. Gotta love how you think you're up to the top, but nope, a whole new later opens up with monsters that are even less manageable than the previous ones, and super tough boss fights, and where was that last save Crystal? And then you beat Cid in the best scene in the game with Fran and Balthier being all lovey and you cry for so many reasons... And then the mark hunts begin and the basement opens up and you cry again because you don't know if you're crying because you're happy, sad, or just scared troutless.

The Pharos? Seriously? I found that place to be as confusing as hell! Farming those orbs in the lower reaches took forever, and the story sections of the Pharos were long. I didn't like the Pharos much, basically. :p

Most of the areas in FFX don't really count, and are really linear and tedious. Gee, this is actually racking my brains somewhat. Gah, I'll go for the Tomb of Raithwall from FFXII. It's a very decent tomb, is much better than the 'oh God when will it end!?!' Sandsea, and has those Demon Walls, which were a fantastic boss battle.

So yeah, that. If only because I can't think of anything better at the moment. I keep coming up with dungeons I didn't really like.

Fynn
01-04-2016, 08:59 PM
I just don't think there was ever a dungeon in FF that made me as tense as the Pharos. I loved that to bits.

Shauna
01-04-2016, 10:47 PM
The draw has been drawn. It was an intense RNG, almost as intense as some of the dungeons listed here!

Aaaand the winner iiiiiiiiiisssssss....

Fynn!

Your PM is en route for you to claim your prize!