PDA

View Full Version : Dun' smurfed up again... again

Fynn
01-04-2016, 02:27 PM
So some years ago I accidentaly washed my wife's sweaters in 90 degrees (that's Celsius, by the way). Yeah, the results weren't pretty. I swore to never do that again. It helped that doing the laundry is now my wife's chore (I do all the cooking, on the other hand).

But yesterday when we came back from my parents it was time to change the bed sheets, so I threw the old sheets in the washing machine. And I didn't notice that I also put her nightgown with it. And it was insanely cute, it had cats printed on it and had laces and stuff :( So now I'm depressed because I'm worried I ruined it, even though it's hard to tell until it's dried.

So when did you fuck up hard? Or better yet. when did you repeat a stupid mistake more than once?

Psychotic
01-04-2016, 02:41 PM
I once typed the start of a post and then forgot to finish typing the

Fynn
01-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah. I had that too. And autocorrect on my phone hates me. You know, the Polish words for "thanks" [dzięki] and "whores" [dziwki] are way too close together on the keyboard.

CactuarKing
01-04-2016, 03:06 PM
So some years ago I accidentaly washed my wife's sweaters in 90 degrees (that's Celsius, by the way). Yeah, the results weren't pretty. I swore to never do that again. It helped that doing the laundry is now my wife's chore (I do all the cooking, on the other hand).

But yesterday when we came back from my parents it was time to change the bed sheets, so I threw the old sheets in the washing machine. And I didn't notice that I also put her nightgown with it. And it was insanely cute, it had cats printed on it and had laces and stuff :( So now I'm depressed because I'm worried I ruined it, even though it's hard to tell until it's dried.

So when did you smurf up hard? Or better yet. when did you repeat a stupid mistake more than once?

I think we have all done the washing thing where we shrink something, put a red item in with a white wash and turn it pink, etc......

sharkythesharkdogg
01-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah. I had that too. And autocorrect on my phone hates me. You know, the Polish words for "thanks" [dzięki] and "whores" [dziwki] are way too close together on the keyboard.

This is valuable trivia knowledge.

I've done the classic car situation where as I was literally tightening the last bolt to complete a 5 or 6 hour job, it suddenly popped in my head that I left out one key component that meant I had to completely redo the entire job. So another 5 or 6 hours for something that takes 30 seconds to install.

That's always annoying.

Ayen
01-04-2016, 11:56 PM
I didn't lean in the direction the bike turn while on a motorcycle ride and gave myself a cramp.

Iceglow
01-05-2016, 12:14 AM
I tend to fuck up with drying clothes that shouldn't be tumble dried. They're washed on a lovely 40 degrees setting but then get exposed to drying temperatures meant for cottons at times in excess of 120 mins. Whoops.

Most other mistakes I'm pretty good at avoiding, tbh, if I wasn't? I'd have lost my job by now (99.9% + quality target 100% of the time). The other Steve classic though would be keys. You know it's gotten bad when the landlord installs a spare key outside the front door in a number lock safe that you have the code to so you can get in if you do it again.

Colonel Angus
01-05-2016, 01:35 AM
I get out of bed every day.

Midgar Mist
01-05-2016, 02:04 AM
Interesting reading all of the above but that's all I wanted to say....nah not gonna say what I screw up on

Mirage
01-05-2016, 02:32 AM

So what you're saying is that you use the word "whores" so often that the phone just assumes that's what you intend to type? :p

blackmage_nuke
01-05-2016, 04:27 AM
About once a year I'd get up at night to get a mug of beverage without turning on the light and hold the mug upside down while Im pouring and have it spill everywhere. It use to happen more often but I almost always check now before I start pouring.

Midgar Mist
01-05-2016, 03:51 PM
About once a year I'd get up at night to get a mug of beverage without turning on the light and hold the mug upside down while Im pouring and have it spill everywhere. It use to happen more often but I almost always check now before I start pouring.

I had a dream last night where I spilled hot chocolate over myself and even when I realised I still kept doing it. Its a dream mistake at least...

CactuarKing
01-05-2016, 03:55 PM

I had a dream last night where I spilled hot chocolate over myself and even when I realised I still kept doing it. Its a dream mistake at least...

Can't say I have ever had that dream before!

Another time I dun' smurfed up: Whilst riding my mountain bike to University one day (many moons ago now), I was stood up pedalling and my right leg came down to provide power, the chain slipped and I fell banging my crotch on the bar and the my knee on the gravel cycle track. To say that I got gravel in it was an understatement. Couldn't walk properly for days!!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-05-2016, 09:49 PM
But is the nightgown okay?

Fynn
01-05-2016, 10:15 PM
I don't know yet :ohdear:

theundeadhero
01-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Well, how long do you plan on leaving it in the dryer, a week?

Vasher
01-06-2016, 09:25 AM
I post without "filters", offend someone, only to post unfiltered again.

Fynn
01-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Dryers aren't actually commonly used in Poland. I have to wait until it dries hanging.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-07-2016, 02:46 AM
Dryers aren't actually commonly used in Poland. I have to wait until it dries hanging.

This explains a lot. I was quite confused.