PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Lemmings!

Midgar Mist
01-04-2016, 02:39 PM
I want to dedicate a thread to these games. I've only played the second one but who cares? Its Lemmings! Also if anyone can recommend the ones that came out in the ps1 to ps2 era I'd be grateful. As for Lemmings 2 I've played both Amiga and SNES versions.

Sooooooooo....who likes blowing them up when you get fed up of them?

FFNut
01-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Can't say I've played them, but may try one and see how I enjoy it. It always looked like fun to play just never got around to it.

Fynn
01-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Jesus Christ, I had this on my amiga back when I was a kid.

Trout was intense!

CactuarKing
01-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Lemmings was fun...........until the harder levels then was just frustrating!!

Midgar Mist
01-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Lemmings was fun...........until the harder levels then was just frustrating!!

I couldn't agree more. As a kid on an amiga I was just fooling around mainly but when I bought the SNES version two years ago and started trying to seriously complete it I only got halfway before I got stuck. What to do what to do? Hmmmmm. Denonation in 5 4 3 2 1 BOOM!

Psychotic
01-04-2016, 05:24 PM
I used to play it endlessly on the Amiga. But I used to prefer the "free roam" areas where you weren't trying to get the lemmings anywhere and could just dick about with whatever classes you wanted and make stupid things.

Vyk
01-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Can't remember if it was The Gaming Historian or one of the little documentaries that Ahoy! does on YouTube but I saw one on lemmings and they mentioned someone was still utilizing that mechanic on tablet games. So you can essentially still play them, but under a different name

Freya
01-04-2016, 05:57 PM
I remember having a PS1 version of this game. I played it so much as a kid. I loved it! One of my favorites I could just go back to and have fun with.

Midgar Mist
01-04-2016, 07:16 PM
I used to play it endlessly on the Amiga. But I used to prefer the "free roam" areas where you weren't trying to get the lemmings anywhere and could just dick about with whatever classes you wanted and make stupid things.
On the Amiga you can do that, yes. But the SNES version free roam is time sensitive. You've only got 6 minutes to do what you want <sigh>

Freya
01-04-2016, 07:47 PM
I found it online. (http://www.elizium.nu/scripts/lemmings/index.php)

CactuarKing
01-05-2016, 09:13 AM
I imagine you could get it on most platform/mobiles now but I think I have had my time with Lemmings, and never want to have it again. It scarred too many of my emotions back in the day!!

Midgar Mist
01-05-2016, 03:58 PM
I imagine you could get it on most platform/mobiles now but I think I have had my time with Lemmings, and never want to have it again. It scarred too many of my emotions back in the day!!

Oh dear, Lemmingphobia. One of the most misunderstood of gaming phobias, I read it somewhere in the Fantasy Medical Journal (spring edition, 1993)

CactuarKing
01-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Oh no! **dies**