PDA

View Full Version : The XIV Days of Giftmas - Day 13

Dat Matt
01-04-2016, 11:04 PM
http://www.nowcultured.com/images/2013/10/gallery-final-fantasy-xiii-xiii2-artwork/serah-noel-christmas-illustration.jpg

On the Thirteenth day of Giftmas, the Shaunas gave to me...

This is it guys. One more and I'm outta things to give away. To round off, we're taking a personal trip into the realms of Final Fantasy. This time we're looking for a personal tale that you can tell about your final fantasy experiences. In order to enter, just post the following.

What is a story about Final Fantasy personal to you? A clutch win of a boss, staying up way past your bedtime to finish fighting that one boss, naming your party members after friends etc

You have about 24 hours to enter for today, so get to posting!

Image Source (http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=32192117)

My personal Final Fantasy Memory comes from fighting the Azi Dahaka (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Azi_Dahaka) from Final Fantasy X-2. I did not know what I was doing with the puzzle in the final chapter, so I fought this boss and lost spectacularly. Because of this I grinded from Level 45 to level 75 to be strong enough to beat him. Turns out that I was missing a single platform required to solve the puzzle and I didn't need to grind so much. Ignorance is such a silly thing.

Galuf
01-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Ive got a few. But i gotta choose between... My awesome ff9 blind race with my sis... Such cool memory. Or ofcourse the one ill go with....

Liquiflame. He is my arch nemesis. I cant really come up with a cool way to say it. But i fought that monster until finally he fell. Such a evil villain. But the feeling of triumphing. Was awesome. But our battle is far from over.

Colonel Angus
01-05-2016, 01:28 AM
It literally took me years to finally beat the "Wizards" in the Marsh Cave to claim the CROWN. After that, FFI was a breeze. :cool:

Crop
01-05-2016, 02:03 AM
I started playing FFVII when I was around 8 years old, mostly I would play and my brother and friend who lived across the road would watch me and offer support.
Of course for an 8 year old FFVII is one hard game, so we spent many years playing it on and off before we finally beat it (I remember Demon Gate, or "The Wall Boss" as we called it, giving us trouble for months).

The best memory I have about it all was trying to get a Gold Chocobo. When either he would sleep over ours or we would sleep over his, the next morning we would wake up (early, as kids do) and our parents would still be in bed. We'd be able to take the PlayStation downstairs on the big tv, we'd take our blankets too and we'd stick it on. We had a tradition that during the drumroll before you saw what Chocobo you had bred, we'd all hide under the blankets and pop up when we knew it would be on the screen. Needless to say we were disappointed countless times...and I'm sure we were all peeking anyway!

I have many fond memories of my childhood, but that is one of my favourites. I have no doubt it'll stay with me for the rest of my life.

CactuarKing
01-05-2016, 11:58 AM
The GF Cactuar - and having to fight Jumbo Cactuar to obtain him on Cactuar Island (FFVIII).

The first time I came across him........just..wow. :cactuar:

Dat Matt
01-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Final time I'm saying this, but we have a winner. - Crop

PMs have now been sent saying how you've won stuff~