PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Mahad
01-04-2016, 11:42 PM
I'm a little confused about abilities. I want to know how to select different abilities for the characters. If I upgrade an ability, it seems to replace one of the two the character has. How do I equip the other ability again? I know this must be pretty obvious, and if it is I completely miss it when I try to do so. The game's info doesn't say a thing about it. (If it isn't obvious, I just barely started this game, got about 10 hours in so far).

Saber
01-05-2016, 03:28 AM
What you have to do is promote them after a series of leveling up. You can do this at a save point. Also you want to go to Armament where you can change weapons, accessories, and abilities/magic. The save point is the key to many features in type-0 while you can also use the Altocrystarium to level up magic with the phantomas you get.

Mahad
01-12-2016, 01:22 AM
OK, so I just level them up a bunch of times and then try promoting/acquiring new abilities? I have been grinding a bit trying to pass a mission I'm having difficulties with, I'm adding about 5 lvls on average to every character and if I got what you're saying this could be a good opportunity to try getting new stuff.

Saber
01-12-2016, 03:13 AM
OK, so I just level them up a bunch of times and then try promoting/acquiring new abilities? I have been grinding a bit trying to pass a mission I'm having difficulties with, I'm adding about 5 lvls on average to every character and if I got what you're saying this could be a good opportunity to try getting new stuff.

Yes go to a save point and then to promotion. Each character gets new skills depending on level and which abilities you unlock. Jack being one of the most straight forward characters seeing as he gets 1 ability at a time.

Some things you need to learn is Sadistic Spikes with Seven. This ability can leave behemoths useless as long as you recast it at the right time. Stun is very effective in this game.