PDA

View Full Version : Joss Whedon Says He's Totally Done with the Marvel Movies

Ayen
01-05-2016, 08:46 PM
And no, it's not because of fans reception to Age of Ultron :roll2

Joss Whedon says he's done putting his "fairy dust" on the Marvel movies, but it's not because of a falling out, it's because he just wouldn't be able to get anything else done if he stayed. During a Q&A at Oxford University last month, Whedon revealed that he was no longer consulting on Marvel movies despite earlier reports that that's exactly what he'd do through Marvel's upcoming Phase 3 set of films.

"I was their sort of consigliere for a while ... and I sort of had my finger in all of the films in the second phase," Whedon said. "Then I had to concentrate on only Ultron, and know that when it was done I was just going to stop.

Source (http://www.zimbio.com/Screen+News/articles/8GrDeOlrZx8/Joss+Whedon+Says+Totally+Done+Marvel+Movies?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=page&utm_campaign=owned)

By the sound of it he wants to try new things, which I'm all for. Best of luck to him.

Discuss.

CactuarKing
01-05-2016, 08:48 PM
It can only be a good thing.

If he stayed the format would become sterile.

He has done an excellent job, just let someone else have a crack at it!!

Midgar Mist
01-05-2016, 10:26 PM
I wonder if this also means he's finishing Agents of Sheild too. I quite like that show, think that Coulson is great. Hmm I wonder, will Joss Whedon do his signature tragic ending he likes to do in series? Or will Stan Lee come up with an ending? Or both of them? I wonder

Ayen
01-05-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure what his current involvement in Shield is right now, but he may be kept on as an Executive Producer in credits only while other writers and such take over. I can't see them finishing Shield now when it's mainly used as a hub to connect the different Marvel movies together.

Del Murder
01-06-2016, 05:25 PM
I thought SHIELD was more his brother and Joss gets credit in name only. Either way, this news doesn't really affect SHIELD. It's not a super popular show but it is an effective marketing mechanism for the Marvel franchise. I think it will at least get a fourth season. I hope so, I really like it these days.