PDA

View Full Version : Collections, past and present.

Vasher
01-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Any collectors here? What have you collected, or what are you currently collecting?

Past;

Garbage Pail Kids
Comics (still have all)
Comic Cards (still have all my complete sets and foils/holograms)
Baseball/Football/Hockey Cards (still have most, including all my Pete Rose collection, as a kid, I figured his controversial history might make him more valuable one day)
Warhammer Figures (still have some)
Stone animal carvings (I believe the artists name was Scott Wolf, not the actor)
Magic the Gathering (many moons ago, stopped playing/trading/collecting soon after The Dark), still have some
Star Trek cards (for a month or so, traded on a MTG deal that was just to good to be true)
Rage (Werewolf card game, still have all of these)
Guns

Present;
Shot glasses from my travels
Steins
Turtles (we always find a turtle souvenir)
Antique furniture/goods
Just started an antique arms/etc. collection with my son. Got a cool piece in the mail today, a Viking ring, c 850-1,000 AD. Really awesome ring and it fits me perfectly. I'll post up pics of his (ours, mostly his) collection.

Zeldy
01-08-2016, 01:06 PM
I collect ornate skulls. Yeah~ xD

Pike
01-08-2016, 03:52 PM
In the past I definitely collected Pokemon cards and POGs. I still have a ton of them, somewhere...

Now I collect video games. Mostly on my Steam account. :shobon:

Psychotic
01-08-2016, 03:59 PM
I collect Funko Pops and I am addicted!

Crop
01-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Never been much of a collector. When I was a kid I used to collect Beano and Simpsons comics. Now all I own could fit in an average sized wardrobe. I like to live minimally.

Freya
01-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Otter things. SURPISE! I have a lot of little figures, a shirt or two, some stuffed animals, and a painted image :D Even my keychain is in the shape of an otter and spells it out in wood. :D

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-08-2016, 04:43 PM
As a child I collected small pretty tea sets.
As a teenager I collected Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
As a young adult I collected tiny alcohol glasses and small alcohols.
As an adult I collect Fluttershy merchandise.

fire_of_avalon
01-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Dust.

Zanmato
01-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Past: Pokemon Tazos and Yu-Gi-Oh! :bounce:
Present: Magic: The Gathering... and nothing else! :exdee:

Mirage
01-08-2016, 07:18 PM
I don't collect things, really. Even if I wanted, I wouldn't have enough space for the things.

SammieBabe
01-08-2016, 07:24 PM
In my youth, I had a collection of Pokémon cards, and an action figure collection. Sold them off eventually when times got tough.
Lately, I've accidentally started a coin collection. I didn't mean to, but I started coming across some old and interesting coins from all over the place. I've managed to get coins from South and Central America, Europe, Australia, and some US coins dating back to before the Great Depression.

Pike
01-08-2016, 07:29 PM
I don't collect things, really. Even if I wanted, I wouldn't have enough space for the things.

This is what collecting Steam games is for!

Mirage
01-08-2016, 07:34 PM

This is what collecting Steam games is for!

Collecting database values just doesn't have the same impact on me :p

Pumpkin
01-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Pokemon card
Figurines
Mugs
Video games

starlet
01-08-2016, 10:36 PM
I have a shot glass collection, most of them from different states in the US. Unfortunately they sit on a shelf in a cupboard, I'd like to get a display case but I'll wait until I have a more permanent residence because moving SHIT sucks. I have a small collection of perler bead magnets on my fridge that I get from conventions. I really want a sword, knife and other deadly weaponry collection to hang on walls and stuff but again with the moving....

Shiny
01-11-2016, 05:28 AM
I use to collect rocks and then state quarters. Then I went to collecting Pokemon cards. I started collecting video games before all of those though and pretty much still do. I very rarely sell off my games. I've amassed quite the collection, but would probably still be minuscule to the Shaunas' collection.

Bubba
01-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Video Games - I have an extensive selection of games for all of my consoles. ZX Spectrum, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS.

My gaming room is nearing completion and I will be putting up pictures soon to make you all jealous.

I have also got every issue of Super Play magazine from 1992-1996 in mint condition with original folders.

Aulayna
01-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Past (like 15 years ago):

Pokémon Cards
Yu-Gi-Oh Cards

A Few Years Ago:

Magic the Gathering Cards
London 2012 Memorabilia

Present:

Collectors' Editions of my favourite video games
Disney Pin Badges
Blizzard Pin Badges

SammieBabe
01-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Disney Pin Badges

I gathered a small collection of Disney Pins while I was a Cast Member. Sold a couple in the last year, but I have a few I'll never part with. I managed to collect a few Hard Rock pins while I was working for them too, but I'm not as attached to those.

Aulayna
01-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Disney Pin Badges

I gathered a small collection of Disney Pins while I was a Cast Member. Sold a couple in the last year, but I have a few I'll never part with. I managed to collect a few Hard Rock pins while I was working for them too, but I'm not as attached to those.

Oh cool! It's a habit I recently got into when some friends went to Florida and bought pins back. Now I usually pick one up anytime I'm in the Disney store in Paris. (which oddly, given who I am... isn't that often haha)

SammieBabe
01-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Disney Pin Badges

Oh cool! It's a habit I recently got into when some friends went to Florida and bought pins back. Now I usually pick one up anytime I'm in the Disney store in Paris. (which oddly, given who I am... isn't that often haha)

Lol, no it makes sense. I live an hour from WDW and I don't make it up there that often. :D

Ayen
01-15-2016, 08:06 AM
Pokemon cards, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, several action figures, Buffy, Xena, Charmed, and Emily of New Moon on DVD. I did begin a collection of Star Trek The Original Series, That 70's Show, and WrestleMania on DVD, but have had no desire to continue the collection.

I also have all the mainline Final Fantasy games.

Vasher
01-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Also;

My son was big into Yugioh a couple years ago. I learned to play so that I could play with him, but also so that I could help him develop decks. I went nuts on eBay/Craigslist. That kinda took the fun out of it. I think it's more fun when you're banking on a little luck in your hunt. Still have them.

Bakugan- same.

Beyblade (metal)- I was ordering all of the good ones before they came to the US. I knew how to tell the real ones from the fakes by the packaging (the knock offs sucked). He hasn't played with them for awhile, but the 2 year old will be at "that age" soon enough.

My wife doesn't "collect" Disney pins, but she does like to pick up the cute pins that she comes across. We have season passes (no blockouts), we go quite often (we were there last week), so she gets some here and there. She has some from our visit to Disney's Aulani last year.

My 2yr old boy is absolutely nuts for anything cars. From the "real deal", to Power Wheels, to Hot Wheels. Somehow he knows my car is the "hot ride" (I've only driven him in it twice, maybe 3 times). He fights to get in the drivers seat, grab the steering wheel, and throws his head back screaming "Wow!", "Whooooa!", and "Cooooool!". He has over 100 Hot Wheels and is "obsessed" with his Hot Wheels Spin Storm track.

Zeldy, you may have been joking (?), but I kid you not, there was a real human skull in a cage for sale on one of the antiquities dealer sites. No longer though, I should have taken a screen shot.

Labella
01-18-2016, 08:38 AM
Past

Barbies n accessories
Dolly,Girlfriend Magazines
Knives/daggers
Lucky charm bracelets
Point Horror novels
Fake nails
Impulse deodorants
Seashells

Present

Lush (https://www.lush.com.au/shop/product/category/path/143_146/bubble-bars) products
Nail Polishes
Tea
Lip gloss/sticks
Bikinis
Lingerie
Shoes
Japanese tea cups

01-20-2016, 01:42 AM
Zippos and watches

Vasher
01-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Remembered another one (had this traumatic memory tucked away);

A few years ago my wife was addicted to shoes, Christian Louboutin. It got so bad that I was a "VIP" customer at the St. Honore (Paris) store (they held all the new shoes in my wife's size and gave her "first dibs"). On the bright side, it was 10-15% cheaper, even after import duties. It started when we couldn't ever find her size. I started hunting internationally, St. Honore had several pairs that she wanted in her size (5 1/2-6), the rest is history/a tragedy. (thank god she is over that)