PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Final Fantasy

Wolf Kanno
01-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Okay bear with me, I've gone back to reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventures and I'm in Part 7 where the universe resets itself...

So what if SE decided to reboot the FF series in a way where they would redo the fourteen games in the series and bring back their characters but do different interpretations of the story and characters?

So basically FFIV Reboot would still have Cecil and Kain but perhaps Kain is now the main character and gets Rosa while Cecil becomes the main villain and Kain needs to seek out a warlock named Golbez to help stop him, or FFVI is now a world of magic run by the half Esper Terra but now the age of steam and machine is being brought about and throwing the world into chaos, or Cloud is the head of Shin-Ra's SOLDIER and is sent out by Rufus to hunt down the ex-scientist Sephiroth who is trying to protect the last Ancient Aerith?

Basically, come up with alternate takes on the story and characters for the FFVerse.

Fynn
01-09-2016, 08:35 PM
So like, FFXII where Cid is a good guy and maybe Venat instead corrupts Balthier instead? Or better yet - Ashe. And the plot would start after she annihilates the Archadian empire and you have to stop here.

Or FFXIII where Oerba is the current reality, while everything on Cocoon is from the past, making Fang and Vanille the main party, while the rest take over their original role?

Though the coolest by far I think would be an AU for FFVIII where nobody forgets anything through GF use, so they all remember the orphanage. Think about it - they all know each other through and through, they're happy to see each other again, they have all these memories together, adding to their banter and chemistry. And then the while Edea thing would play out completely different

Ayen
01-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Though the coolest by far I think would be an AU for FFVIII where nobody forgets anything through GF use, so they all remember the orphanage. Think about it - they all know each other through and through, they're happy to see each other again, they have all these memories together, adding to their banter and chemistry. And then the while Edea thing would play out completely different

Holy crap, that would've been awesome!

Midgar Mist
01-09-2016, 09:50 PM
How about what Square were originally going to do with FF7? Make Sephiroth and Aerith brother and sister. That wouldve been cool, sister of the bad guy, what a conflict for her. It wouldve given Sephiroth a slightly more human root, having family and knowing about it.

Labella
01-09-2016, 10:09 PM
I move up the ranks in Shinra, become a female First Class SOLDIER and Sephiroth falls head over heels in love with me.

The End.

Bubba
01-09-2016, 11:51 PM
I think they should retell FFVII from the perspective of the weapon seller near Gongaga.

Weapon Seller: "I should really get some more stock"

Sephiroth
01-10-2016, 01:19 AM
How about what Square were originally going to do with FF7? Make Sephiroth and Aerith brother and sister. That wouldve been cool, sister of the bad guy, what a conflict for her. It wouldve given Sephiroth a slightly more human root, having family and knowing about it.

Or the other idea. In which they were lovers.

Forsaken Lover
01-10-2016, 02:14 AM
Sephiroth as he is now wouldn't really work as Aerith's lover. Gotta rework the story line a bit. I've thought of this pairing before and I really dug the idea of Sephiroth escaping the Reactor and going to look for the last surviving Ancient, since he's kinda hopped up on the idea he's one of them now. I've never really thought of it beyond that bu I think it could work.

Anyway, FFVIII with Seifer as the Hero, as it was intended to be.

FFX, it turns out ALL of Spira is a Dream as the War 1000 Years Ago killed pretty much everyone except for a few Summoners who conjured back all the races and people they had known in a desperate attempt to avoid absolute extinction. By killing Sin you end all a\sapient life on the planet.

Colonel Angus
01-10-2016, 03:38 AM
Instead of becoming Chaos, Garland becomes the Warrior of Light & joins the 4 Warriors in trying to stop Chaos.

FFV- Galuf doesn't die & Krile gets manipulated into joining Exodus, who resurrects the Warriors of Dawn, pitting Krile, Xezat, Dorgann & Keiger against Galuf, Lenna, Bartz & Faris.

FFX- Tidus accidentally dies when Sin attacks Zanarkand, thus he isn't able to help Yuna on her pilgramage, where she dies on Mt. Gagazet after Biran & Yenke defeat Kimahri.

FFXII- Vaan keeps his ass out of the castle. Balthier & Fran find the Goddess' Magicite, & escape before the attack. The game centers around Vayne & Ba'Gamnan chasing Balthier in search of the magicite. Larsa ends up becoming the Consul of Rabanastre & falls in love w/ Penelo. He exiles Vaan, who comes across Balthier & Fran while looking for help getting back to Rabanastre & Penelo.

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2016, 05:49 AM
FFI - Garland actually succeeds in slaying the Warriors of Light but in doing so changes history and is now dogged by the Four Fiends and the Chaos of an alternate timeline. He then must create his own party to battle them and change his fate.

FFII - Fynn never falls and the story follows Leon's journey from joining the Fynn Royal Army and fighting off the Empire.

FFIII - Xande accepts his destiny and leads the world into a new age of Light following the will of the ancients, calling forth a new set of Warriors of Darkness to reset the balance.

FFIV - Zemus corrupts Cecil instead and the story follows Kain Highwind seeking out the great Sage Golbez to save the crystals from Cecil.

FFV - The Dawn Warriors succeed in defeating ExDeath and sealing him on their own world. Cid's inventions still destroy the crystals of Lenna's world but they discover there is another set of crystals and invade Galuf's world to take theirs.

Jinx
01-10-2016, 03:35 PM
I think they should retell FFVII from the perspective of the weapon seller near Gongaga.

Weapon Seller: "I should really get some more stock"

No, Soup Dude.

Formalhaut
01-10-2016, 03:42 PM
I think it'd be pretty cool to play FFX as a member of Yevon, actually, and witness internally how the religion is shaken and eventually reforms.

Midgar Mist
01-10-2016, 10:23 PM

Or the other idea. In which they were lovers.

Yeah but she's already been a bit of a tramp as it is. I mean Cloud and Zack lol?

01-13-2016, 02:14 AM
Hojo, leader of avalanche kidnaps aeris in an attempt to harness her power for a doomsday weapon. Yo​u play as the counter-terrorist group "the Turks" as you chase them across the globe, always one step behind their trail of destruction. Your mission: Save the cheerleader ancient, save the world.