PDA

View Full Version : All about Freya

Midgar Mist
01-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Would any of you agree that Freya is only useful in the first part of the game? What effect does killing loads of Dragons have on her? And can her attack ever be consistent? Is she ever a worthy opponent of Necron?

Discuss

Karifean
01-10-2016, 11:40 PM
If you kill loads of dragons, Dragon's Crest becomes stupidly powerful up to a guaranteed 9999 hit once you kill 100+ of them. That coupled with her high speed and full party Regen make her an easy choice for a party member in the endgame for me.

Mirage
01-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Yeah, she's one of the best.

Midgar Mist
01-11-2016, 12:36 AM
If you kill loads of dragons, Dragon's Crest becomes stupidly powerful up to a guaranteed 9999 hit once you kill 100+ of them. That coupled with her high speed and full party Regen make her an easy choice for a party member in the endgame for me.

Wow I never knew that before. That coupled with some advice I got about Amarant could make an interesting alternative to my final team.

Formalhaut
01-11-2016, 12:51 AM
Freya? Can't say I care much for her.

Oh, you mean FFIX Freya? Yeah she's great! Her plot sort of trails off though. ;)

Midgar Mist
01-11-2016, 10:37 PM

Oh, you mean FFIX Freya? Yeah she's great! Her plot sort of trails off though. ;)

Ummm which Freya did you think I meant?
But yes I'm going to try her and amarant on my next playthrough. Won't be for a while though.

Mirage
01-11-2016, 10:39 PM

Ummm which Freya did you think I meant?
But yes I'm going to try her and amarant on my next playthrough. Won't be for a while though.

Just taking a wild guess. (http://home.eyesonff.com/member.php/11514-Freya)

Fynn
01-11-2016, 10:39 PM
That was, uh, a joke, you see. There's this prominent editor here on EoFF. Incidentally, she hasn't posted in this thread yet which is weird.

Freya
01-11-2016, 11:01 PM
:colbert: I was nursing a hangover yesterday otherwise I would have kicked formy in the shin for that comment!

Freya is the best character and you guys should use her all the time.

Midgar Mist
04-27-2016, 04:01 AM

Im bumping ths old thread cos im actually working towards using Freya this time. So....does she have to kill 100 dragons by herself, or...be on the party or not be on the party at all? Also, is it just Grand Dragons that count?

Karifean
04-27-2016, 03:30 PM
She doesn't need to be in the party or anything like that. It just uses the amount of dragons you've killed *overall*. It doesn't have to be Grand Dragons, but thanks to their being susceptible to Level 5 Death and easily farmable at certain locations they're the most popular choice.

Midgar Mist
04-27-2016, 07:08 PM
So...is there any way I can get Quina to pick up Level 5 Death before Burmecia? Then I can climb up that ladder in Gizamaluke's Grotto and bag me some Dragons.

Freya
04-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Nope. You can't get it until disc 3.

Lv5 Death from the Dracozombies or Stropers in the Iifa tree or from the Whale Zombies on the beaches of the Lost Continent

starlet
04-29-2016, 07:11 AM

Savage. Freya is pretty great (both the character and forums member ;D)

Midgar Mist
04-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Nope. You can't get it until disc 3.

Lv5 Death from the Dracozombies or Stropers in the Iifa tree or from the Whale Zombies on the beaches of the Lost Continent

Awww.....guess I'll just stick to killing Ironites and Serpions then. I love to level up at this point anyway. Freya gets to be ahead for a while (until that EXP hog Zidane takes over)

Wolf Kanno
04-29-2016, 08:43 PM
She's a pretty great party member, especially with a mage focused group since Reis' Wind restores MP to the whole party (including Freya's own MP, meaning she can cast it indefinitely) and she's pretty much a beast of a party member. While she can't hit as hard as her job classes previous incarnations, she makes up for it with her OP skill pool.

Also, if you steal the Holy Lance from the Ark Airship boss battle, she becomes way more powerful than the rest of the party since it's like her second or third best weapon whereas the rest of the party has a way to go to get theirs.