PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Voices in the XIII Trilogy

Forsaken Lover
01-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Rank your Top 5 favorite VA's/vocal performances across XIII, XIII-2 and XIII-3.

Mirage
01-11-2016, 09:23 PM
well Liara had a pretty nice voice, so...

YoshioKST
01-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Far as voicework goes, Fang's is an essential part of her. I wouldn't have liked her quite as much without that sweet accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caN-2Lv-J1Y

Mr. Carnelian
01-13-2016, 12:34 AM
I can give you my top five, but I couldn't settle on an order within that five. So, in no particular order...

Troy Baker (Snow) He made a dumb character who I would otherwise loathe sound goofily charming. Troy's also cute as a button. Not that that him being attractive has any bearing on his making the top five. I'm completely impartial. :shifty:

Ali Hillis (Lightning) She just sounds right for the character. She nailed it.

Rachel Robinson (Fang) Sassy and fierce. You go, girl.

Reno Wilson (Sazh) I liked the emotional range. I always believed the emotion in the voice characterisation, whether Sazh was laughing, crying or yelling.

Liam O'Brien (Caius) He hammed it up a bit in places, but he has a lovely voice, so he got away with it.

Formalhaut
01-14-2016, 03:27 AM
I'd mostly agree with Mr. Carny, but places of Caius's dialogue was cringy. It almost screams "I'm a dark, brooding figure, you've come to meet your doooom!"

Mirage
01-14-2016, 03:28 AM
But if the cringe was done by a good voice, it's still good voice acting!

Formalhaut
01-14-2016, 03:33 AM
I guess. I still found his voice to be very gravelly at times.

Forsaken Lover
01-14-2016, 04:32 AM
I wanna give some props to Barthandelus' VA, he had a very distinct and impressive voice.