PDA

View Full Version : Is the Remake a financial fail safe for XV?

Spawn of Sephiroth
01-13-2016, 01:31 AM
So, pretty much the title says it all. First off, I'm crazy excited about a remake so don't get me wrong. However, it seems a little too convenient that after ALL this time, the denials and many, many clear statements that this game will never be made, I feel like Square is using this as a Plan B in case XV doesn't do too well, not to mention it probably has costed quiet a bit due to the long development and I think that as fast as Square seems to want to get 7 Remake out (one of their key reasons to split it up: it puts it in our hands faster). Plus I wonder how confident they are in the game because of the expectations that will be coming with it, as the fan base has had a mob style mentality (including myself) towards them, especially when it has came to information and the overall way they have dealt with the PR and lack of what many details and repetitive showcasing throughout the many gaming conventions over the past year and a half. What do you think? Like I said, I'm stoked for the Remake now more than I am for XV, but this just seems to me like they are doing something that they could easily fall back on for financial reasons since they have taken their fair share of profit loses over the last few years.

Mirage
01-13-2016, 01:45 AM
Nah, FF14 is their financial fail-safe for pretty much everything. The game practically prints money. It's on track to bring in at least 4 times as much money as FF11 did, and FF11 was already their most profitable FF before FF14.

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2016, 06:14 AM
I wouldn't say for financial reason for the reasons Mirage stated. It's more insurance for the company's reputation in my opinion. The series hasn't really been a strong contender since FFX for most fans and with all the delays and broken promises, FFXV has to deal with a very jaded fanbase. VII Remake is basically SE trying to win back the core fanbase. It's working too as a few friends are a bit dumbfounded by my general apathy for the company when FFXIV is so great (I don't play MMOs) and they're finally doing a remake of their favorite game from their childhood (Which I didn't care for even when it was still new and in full hype) so that's how I'm seeing it. It's the SE version of Nintendo's Zelda defense. Whenever the fans begin to turn on you, announce a new Zelda game with trailer and suddenly all is forgiven.