PDA

View Full Version : Mak & Chiz

Bri
01-14-2016, 03:03 AM
Alright, we all know homemade macaroni and cheese ( whatever else you want to put in it is your choice and I respect that) is the best but if you did not have the time to make it or just down right lazy or tired and you open your pantry to find you have two brands Velveeta and Kraft. Which would you go for? I'd go for Velveeta because it is creamier, tasty and delicious to the last bite of pasta!

Colonel Angus
01-14-2016, 04:09 AM
I like Kraft. Never get store brand. Never.

Shorty
01-14-2016, 07:51 AM
Kraft but I will eat any and all kinds of mac and cheese ever, in any capacity. All mac and cheese. Give it to me.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-15-2016, 07:40 AM
Stab myself? I loathe those things. Mac n cheese gotta be pure cheese. I will drop up to 30$ when I really want to make some.

SammieBabe
01-15-2016, 02:45 PM
When I need comfort food, Kraft. Made with less milk and more butter, so it's thicker.
Although on holidays and family events, I swear by the old gods and the new that if my grandmother doesn't make homemade mac and cheese, I'll riot.

Pike
01-15-2016, 03:22 PM
I know I am probably the only person ever who has said this but I've never been a huge fan of mac & cheese. It's too... cheesy. I do like mac & cheese sparingly and on like, a hot dog. I gotta have meat with my cheese.

Bubba
01-15-2016, 03:30 PM
Why is macaroni such a big thing in the US? What's wrong with other types of pasta?

I have cheese and pasta all the time but I don't limit myself with the type of pasta I use. Spaghetti, Penne, Tagliatelle.

I DEMAND EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL PASTA.

Loony BoB
01-15-2016, 03:44 PM
I don't know if I've ever had a nice branded macaroni cheese. All the really nice stuff I've had has been home-made or at a restaurant/pub. I really don't enjoy the brand stuff much at all. The best I've probably had would be one of those pre-made ones that you just shove in the oven from Marks & Spencer. Tinned stuff is so bad.

Bubba: Macaroni is the best kind of pasta for what it is. I've yet to have any other kind of pasta with a similarly high nom nom value. They make it with other kinds of pasta at work and it's really not great.

Bri
01-15-2016, 04:28 PM
I don't know if I've ever had a nice branded macaroni cheese. All the really nice stuff I've had has been home-made or at a restaurant/pub. I really don't enjoy the brand stuff much at all. The best I've probably had would be one of those pre-made ones that you just shove in the oven from Marks & Spencer. Tinned stuff is so bad.

Bubba: Macaroni is the best kind of pasta for what it is. I've yet to have any other kind of pasta with a similarly high nom nom value. They make it with other kinds of pasta at work and it's really not great.

I made Mac and cheese few nights ago, used pasta medium shells.. My six year old said he preferred elbow pasta. :sigh:

Pheesh
01-19-2016, 10:12 AM
Kraft Mac and Cheese is my disgusting guilty pleasure. I don't have it often, maybe once or twice a year, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for it and Night Fury doesn't like mac and cheese so I end up eating the entire box for myself.

Miriel
01-19-2016, 10:21 AM
I can't even remember the last time I've eaten Kraft mac and cheese. I go for the gourmet shit.

I make my own mac and cheese based on this sauce from Martha Stewart: http://www.marthastewart.com/271998/perfect-macaroni-and-cheese

Del Murder
01-19-2016, 10:44 PM
I was never a big fan of the Kraft 'mac and orange cheese powder'. If you don't have time to cook then get the Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese instead. Or the full guilt version if you just don't give a smurf.

Shorty
01-19-2016, 10:47 PM
I was never a big fan of the Kraft 'mac and orange cheese powder'. If you don't have time to cook then get the Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese instead. Or the full guilt version if you just don't give a smurf.

I thought Kraft mac and cheese was the full guilt version.

Bri
01-19-2016, 11:08 PM
I can't even remember the last time I've eaten Kraft mac and cheese. I go for the gourmet trout.

I make my own mac and cheese based on this sauce from Martha Stewart: http://www.marthastewart.com/271998/perfect-macaroni-and-cheese

Awesome! I just bookmarked it. Definitely will try this recipe out Miriel (http://home.eyesonff.com/member.php/4646-Miriel)

Night Fury
01-19-2016, 11:38 PM
I'm really not a Mac and cheese lover. It's just stodgy?! I did have really nice truffle Mac and cheese though but I was already too full to completely enjoy it.

Pheesh
01-19-2016, 11:49 PM

I also hate that stuff. I get the Kraft mac and cheese that has the can of goopy orange stuff that definitely shouldn't be considered cheese.

Kalevala
01-20-2016, 07:53 AM
I end up eating the entire box for myself.

But... this is what everyone does... right? Guys?

Del Murder
01-20-2016, 09:52 PM
I end up eating the entire box for myself.

But... this is what everyone does... right? Guys?
Eating the box is probably more nutritional than the contents anyway.

Formalhaut
01-20-2016, 10:35 PM
I don't think I have ever had mac & cheese.

Loony BoB
01-21-2016, 12:26 PM
This is like being told someone has never eaten a burger. I don't know how to handle this kind of information.

Bubba
01-21-2016, 01:01 PM

Loony BoB
01-21-2016, 02:57 PM
https://houseofgeekery.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/jackie-chan-whut.jpg