PDA

View Full Version : Translated or Original Songs?

Forsaken Lover
01-14-2016, 09:47 AM
So FFVIII and IX brought us songs in English but then X gave us its own ballad but it was only in Japanese. But then X-2 gave us translated songs again as did XII. Then XIII and XIII-2 just skipped the whole translation thing and gave us pop songs that, depending on who you ask, fit or are insultingly out of place.

Which option do you prefer?

Also I was gonna make this in the FFXV forum but I guess we don't have one. Which course do you think they'll take for that game's obligatory vocal piece?

Shauna
01-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Also I was gonna make this in the FFXV forum but I guess we don't have one.

???????????? (http://home.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php/146-Final-Fantasy-XV)

I like them both, tbh.

Forsaken Lover
01-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Oh. I thought it would be at the top with FFVII. My bad. That section is called "New and Upcoming Releases'"

Shauna
01-14-2016, 11:26 AM
We move the fora around depending on the climate surrounding the game. FFXV will probably replace Heavensward soon enough.

Fox
01-14-2016, 05:43 PM
Depends on the song. Eyes on Me and Melodies are great in English, but Suteki Da Ne is atrocious. Glad they used the Japanese in the actual game.

maybee
01-14-2016, 07:47 PM
It's hard to say, because growing up listening to Eyes On Me and Melodies Of Life in English, they feel like childhood ( nerdy ones ) memories personally. Suteki na De is better in Japanese though, it doesn't work in English.

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Honestly, I kind of wish SE would stop bothering with the grand Hollywood ending theme song nonsense. It worked for FFVIII and IX but I haven't liked any of the songs since and the ones in XII and XIII feel so out of place with the game that it's a bit jarring when you finally hear them.

Galuf
01-16-2016, 10:32 PM
I think it would be awesome if they put the final boss theme as the ending. Just because it would be stupid. And stupid is funny.

But seriously. I just hate singing so..... Yeaj.