PDA

View Full Version : Record-breaking $1.5 BILLION Powerball lottery jackpot has 3 winners

SuperMillionaire
01-14-2016, 04:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/powerball-jackpot-3-winners-123302305.html;_ylt=A0LEVzVOyZdWQQMA0LVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMDgyYjJiBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw NzYw--

Last night, three very lucky people, one each in California, Florida, and Tennessee, submitted the winning Powerball numbers, and will split the record-breaking jackpot of $1.5 BILLION. The odds of winning this mega jackpot were about one in 290 million, and only three people got it right. They will get about $500 million each.

Did you try to get tickets, and what would you do with that kind of money if you won the lottery?

Psychotic
01-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Pay off my student loans and I dunno I guess buy a Happy Meal with the rest.

Freya
01-14-2016, 05:36 PM
I didn't win, sadly.

I would go POOF. Just disappear. I'd probably have a summer in some mountains, probably the rockies, and then a winter home on some beach.

I might buy EoFF and dump lots of money into it. Idk. I'd do whatever I wanted!

sharkythesharkdogg
01-14-2016, 05:56 PM
I would spend my share creating a real life Death Race 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhu5Zl5ry8

Scotty_ffgamer
01-14-2016, 06:12 PM
I'd pay off my student loans and then go travelling most likely.

Del Murder
01-14-2016, 06:25 PM
I won $4.

If I won the jackpot I would disappear immediately since apparently people who win these things get targeted by criminals for ransom/extortion frequently.

SammieBabe
01-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Get myself and parents out of debt, finish my degree, and dunno, travel til it all runs out...

Pike
01-14-2016, 09:35 PM
Pay off my student loans and I dunno I guess buy a Happy Meal with the rest.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12522919_1302510196566841_3007405957482572352_n.png?oh=51ca53ba44ffb4ebac6ee252015d280c&oe=5737E603

Sephex
01-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Probably buy good computer stuff for a Let's Play channel no one would watch. Also, offer to throw the Game Grumps so money so I can hang out with them until the kick me out of their office because they won't like me.

Ayen
Dad bought a ticket and didn't win jack.

I'd move. Far, far away. Buy better equipment, a studio, hire editors, writers, cameramen, and whatever else I'd need to improve the quality of my show, and not to have do everything myself, and live off the rest.

starlet
The obvious answer is to become the batman.

Pumpkin
01-14-2016, 09:46 PM
Buy things, pay off things, donate the rest

Ergroilnin
01-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Quit college, quit work, spend money on stupid stuff, become homeless for rest of my life.

Labella
01-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last night, three very lucky people, one each in California, Florida, and Tennessee, submitted the winning Powerball numbers, and will split the record-breaking jackpot of $1.5 BILLION. The odds of winning this mega jackpot were about one in 290 million, and only three people got it right. They will get about $500 million each.

Did you try to get tickets, and what would you do with that kind of money if you won the lottery?

Probs put it behind something/one that is actively working towards eliminating the global animal agriculture industry. As well as setting up n maintaining animal sanctuaries that wud be open to the public, educating promoting adoption from animal shelters n low-cost veterinary care. And buy a small, private island for myself.

Mirage
01-15-2016, 12:19 AM
With 500 million dollars (or 250 after taxes, Starlet tells me), I could pretty much live off of interests for the rest of my life. Doing that, I'd have roughly 12.5 million dollars to spend yearly.

I'm not really the person to show off my wealth, at least not extreme wealth. I'd get a pretty nice house, but it's unlikely that it would cost more than a few million dollars. Then I'd get some nice cars but those would probably not cost more than a few millions added together either.

I would get a supercomputer cluster that could rival that of many universities to keep in the basement of my house, which I would use to donate computing power to scientific research. That would be my form of charity. I'd probably also use a lot of money on kickstarter campaign, and run away with the 10000 dollar rewards pretty often.

I'd try to keep a low profile, as I don't think i'd be able to know who my real friends were if everyone knew how much money I had.

I'd give my money to my family when I died. Hopefully most of the money would still be there.

Bri
01-15-2016, 01:00 AM
Pay off all existing debts. Buy a big piece of land, put up a farm with sheeps, chicken and pigs along with a huge green house. Build a safe and secure home that will protect my family and I from zombies, ISIS, mass murderers and Donald Trump. I don't want to buy my own jet because I'll be paranoid that something bad will happen. Like someone will plant a bomb or something so instead I will buy big Rig and with all the fancy stuff and travel around the country with Escobert and the kids. Buy a property and build a big place for all homeless people and their family and give them a second chance at life. Visit all Charity places before donating so I know what actions must be taken and live happily ever after.

krissy
01-15-2016, 01:08 AM
i'd buy eoff and force the only theme to be eoff classic

Mirage
01-15-2016, 01:14 AM
no, fluffy puff

Ayen
01-15-2016, 01:18 AM
Under the Sea or GTFO!

Mirage
01-15-2016, 01:26 AM
guess you should go for "gtfo" then

Old Manus
01-15-2016, 10:02 AM
>paying off my student loan when the interest rate is linked to inflation and is written off in 25 years (by which time most people will still be nowhere near clearing the debt)
>:grover:

I'd take a sabbatical from my job and travel the world for a bit. I've always liked to think that I'd invest some of my money in community projects that south Wales desperately needs, maybe give my old school enough money to finally buy some kind of sports equipment to replace the one 30-year old cricket bat that makes up the entire kit room. I'd then get a membership at Lord's and then put the rest of the money into my pension fund or something.

Bubba
01-15-2016, 11:48 AM
I would buy this home in Cheshire as my main property.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28779972.html/svr/1701;jsessionid=D12DD4E7FF12010FBE8D46E1B53D30BA

Miss H and I would then look at buying the following

- A Penthouse apartment in New York
- A beachfront apartment in Dubai
- A villa in the south of France

Then

- Travel with MissH and James and see the world.
- Obviously take care of family and close friends
- Arrange a world EOFF Meet-up. Members I like will travel first-class, members I don't will fly in animal cages.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Will the cages at least have food and water dishes?

Bubba
01-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Will the cages at least have food and water dishes?

Of course, I'm not an animal.

Unlike some of you lot.

starlet
01-15-2016, 09:31 PM
I feel like this best member win has gotten to your head Bubba. I'm telling you this as your friend.

Ayen
01-16-2016, 05:08 AM
I would buy this home in Cheshire as my main property.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28779972.html/svr/1701;jsessionid=D12DD4E7FF12010FBE8D46E1B53D30BA

Miss H and I would then look at buying the following

- A Penthouse apartment in New York
- A beachfront apartment in Dubai
- A villa in the south of France

Then

- Travel with MissH and James and see the world.
- Obviously take care of family and close friends
- Arrange a world EOFF Meet-up. Members I like will travel first-class, members I don't will fly in animal cages.

I think I'm going to enjoy first class.

Shiny
01-16-2016, 07:17 AM
I think I might know the person in Cali who won. He bought 3,000 tickets so his odds were definitely higher. 1.5 billion dollars is life changing, but I wouldn't just change my life and my family's life, I would change the world (or at least America at first...one mess at a time please). I would still live where I am and have the same clothes, but I'd git rid of my debt and my family's debt. I would also get off all social media. I don't need that stress as they'll probably announce who the people are some where. I'd definitely invest in a production company; one that I can work collaboratively with friends to make socially conscious projects.

And then I would go about putting the money back in to rebuilding vacant lots to house homeless. They'd turn in to shelters and have facilities for rehabilitation. I'd put more money in to planned parenthood and cancer research. I'd put more money in to Bernie's campaign. There's a lot I would wish to do with that money, but nothing materialistic except maybe fly some where exotic for a vacay. None of this will be so because I don't gamble.