PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you found a box of kittens at your door?

Galuf
01-15-2016, 02:52 PM
What the title says.

Id take em in. Wash em. And hope to god they have a safe happy life

Bubba
01-15-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure you're supposed to wash kittens, are you?

I would hope there was a return address and just send them back.

Pumpkin
01-15-2016, 03:25 PM
Pet them

Formalhaut
01-15-2016, 03:32 PM
Collapse from the adorable-ness. Frolick with the lovely kittens. Become one with them.

Sensibly though, I'd probably keep them safe indoors and call an animal charity for advice.

Galuf
01-15-2016, 03:34 PM

I dont know really. But i was going off when we had to wash the kittens to try and get the fleas off them. It didnt work but doesnt mean it wouldnt work with the box kittens

Loony BoB
01-15-2016, 03:41 PM
I think Smitzy would try to murder them so I'd have be bloody careful. I'd probably lock them in the bathroom so she can't get to them, and then call the appropriate group to come and collect them (SPCA? I dunno).

Bubba
01-15-2016, 03:41 PM

I dont know really. But i was going off when we had to wash the kittens to try and get the fleas off them. It didnt work but doesnt mean it wouldnt work with the box kittens

Ahh, you see you never mentioned in your original post that these kittens had fleas.

If they had fleas I would probably just set fire to them. Best for all involved.

Galuf
01-15-2016, 04:08 PM

Ahh, you see you never mentioned in your original post that these kittens had fleas.

If they had fleas I would probably just set fire to
them. Best for all involved.

Id say that was cruel. But it was probably a better option. Oh well. I didnt mean to make this thread into a serious thing. It was just supposed to be a wee joke

Bubba
01-15-2016, 04:28 PM

If they had fleas I would probably just set fire to
them. Best for all involved.

Id say that was cruel. But it was probably a better option. Oh well. I didnt mean to make this thread into a serious thing. It was just supposed to be a wee joke

Erm... I was joking about setting fire to them?

Madame Adequate
01-15-2016, 04:31 PM
My mom would go insane with joy and we would take them in, feed and groom and bathe them and stuff, pet them forever, and then utterly fail when it came time to hand them over to a shelter so they could be adopted out, and we would suddenly have like five more cats.

Freya
01-15-2016, 05:12 PM
How many are there? I would love them and keep them if it was just a few. If it was like 7, I'd love them and try to give them away to friends so I knew they had good homes and keep a few. MEOW!

BF can't say to no more kitties if they are left at our door! They're already here, Dalton, we can't throw them out. KITTIES

Shauna
01-15-2016, 05:17 PM
I hope you're not beating yourself up about those kittens again, Galuf. :3

Anyway they would go straight to an animal rehousing place because Matt is incredibly allergic to cats. :(

Psychotic
01-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Name them all KING ROBERT. And then maybe eat them.

Galuf
01-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Well tbh i got the idea of this thread because: i was playing destiny with my friends and it seems i kept mentioning kittens. One time i died because a box behind me and my friend was like "uh oh did you get killed by a box of kittens". Then it became a joke that everytime we died it was because of my box of kittens. And our objective was to open the chest and that saves the kittens. Then we made a clan called the box of kittens. So yeah.

Also no shauna im not. Im just trying to have a wee fun

FFNut
01-15-2016, 07:40 PM
That kinda happend to me 13 years ago, they are both very happy sleeping away the day.

Mirage
01-15-2016, 07:46 PM
I hope you're not beating yourself up about those kittens again, Galuf. :3

Anyway they would go straight to an animal rehousing place because Matt is incredibly allergic to cats. :(

What a cruel fate.

starlet
01-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Find homes for some but would probably end up keeping one. Or 3.....

Hollycat
01-15-2016, 09:39 PM
Kittens are a lot of work. I'd probably take them to the humane society.

Mirage
01-15-2016, 09:39 PM
Find homes for some but would probably end up keeping one. Or 3.....
Let's stop at two.

Each.

starlet
01-15-2016, 09:54 PM
Your attempt at showing restraint is cute ;)

BreakfastGrilledCheese
01-15-2016, 10:09 PM
There's a no kill shelter in town, and they had a lot of success with finding homes for their cats this past holiday season so I'd probably take them there.
If they couldn't take them then I'd probably post about the incident on the subreddit for Atlanta and try to personally find homes for them.
I'd probably keep one.

Zeldy
01-15-2016, 10:26 PM
erh merh god I would adopt them and call them my cat babies.

Dark_Valentine
01-16-2016, 12:39 AM
This happened to me awhile back. We got like 7 kittens and the mother! We ended up "capturing" them because they were pretty wild, found someone to take the mother, and then someone else took all of the kittens. I already had two cats so there was no way I could keep any of them unfortunately.

Shiny
01-16-2016, 06:43 AM
Trash can them like Lucious did to his son in Empire.

Ayen
01-16-2016, 06:53 AM
Tell my parents and one of them would probably call an animal shelter or something. Since I'm allergic I know they wouldn't want to bring the cats inside, so a neighbor would probably take care of them in the meantime.

Leigh
01-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Pick up the box and place it in front of a neighbours door and sneak away quietly. Problem solved.

blackmage_nuke
01-18-2016, 04:44 AM
Get an animal shelter or something to deal with it. A box of puppies would be a different story though.

escobert
01-19-2016, 06:37 PM
I would keep them all!

Bri
01-19-2016, 07:38 PM
I would keep them all!

Awwww, I know you would sweetheart :heart: