PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else suffer from Multiple Gaming Syndrome?

Midgar Mist
01-17-2016, 03:04 PM
I'm in this habit at the moment of starting or restarting games then dumping them half way through for something else. Anyone else do this?

Fox
01-17-2016, 03:07 PM
These days, unfortunately yes.

When I was a kid I was very much monogamous in my game relationships. In fact probably until I left university that was true. But since then... I think with my job taking up so much time, the new stuff I'm looking forward to comes out before I've finished what I already have on the go. Gone are the days where I can spend 18 hours in front of the Playstation, completing even the biggest games in a week.

Pumpkin
01-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Yep

Leigh
01-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Generation Attention Deficit I believe. IT could be that not many games are worth getting through anymore since the experiences between games aren't that diverse. I'm sick of playing games that have an an incremental integer to infinity after the main title.

Zanmato
01-17-2016, 05:36 PM
One at a time.
This is my golden rule. :cool:

Ayen
01-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Used to do it all the time as a kid. I'd pick up a game, play it until I get bored/stuck, and then switch to something else. Wash, rinse, repeat. Nowadays I play the most of one game every other week for my videos, and just kill time with other stuff whenever I have it to spare, which isn't much.

Bubba
01-18-2016, 11:08 AM
I am currently...

Halfway through Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Trying to get Gold in all courses on Mario Kart 8
Trying to get world records on all courses created by EOFF members on Super Mario Maker
Halfway through FFII on my PS Vita
Only just started Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
Just started The Last of Us again on Survivor mode as I want the platinum trophy

Read into that what you will...

Thankfully, I recently managed to get Platinum trophies on FFVII and Infamous: Second Son

Fynn
01-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Okay, so...

Fantasy Life
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Codename: S.T.E.A.M.
Final Fantasy III
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked
FF: Type-0
Chrono Trigger
The Sims 4

And I intend to start Dragon Quest IV today.

So yeah, guilty as charged.

Christmas
09-15-2022, 01:53 AM
I'm in this habit at the moment of starting or restarting games then dumping them half way through for something else. Anyone else do this?

HAHAHAHA, LALA, THIS PERSON IS TALKING ABOUT US!

Dr. Acula
09-15-2022, 06:48 AM

HAHAHAHA, LALA, THIS PERSON IS TALKING ABOUT US!

YES. I have so many unfinished games in my library.

Mr Gashtacular
09-15-2022, 09:15 AM
i very rarely play more than one game at a time, but i used to do it a lot for grindy games - grind for a couple hours while watching a movie, then play the story of a separate game with full attention.

not counting unfinished games in this - every time i leave a game unfinished it either remains that way or I just start a New Game after a year or so

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-15-2022, 10:32 PM
I won't play two 80 hour RPGs at the same time, but I don't mind putting in a racing or fighting game if I'm playing one of those. Something fun you can play for a few hours before going back to the long term game.

cheesesteak
09-24-2022, 08:46 AM
All the time. However, to be fair, I can tell I won't like a game within the first...5-30 mins and will uninstall after the first session. I no longer "drop" games tho, really. I used to, a lot. But now I just keep them installed as reminders to finish them. Some games I have not played in 2 months, but I would not consider them dropped. Just on hold for a bit lol.

One at a time.
This is my golden rule. :cool:
Much respect. I wish I could do this for SP games.