PDA

View Full Version : What do you like most about Final Fantasy?

Saber
01-18-2016, 12:02 AM
I mean you got a lot of freedom wondering worlds. You have iconic enemies that are fun to encounter. There is so many things in Final Fantasy that make it so great. My personal favorite is being able to cast spells. It's always been my dream to cast fire on a bunch of enemies.

Ayen
01-18-2016, 09:14 AM
Story, characters, the world...

...especially the women characters.

Fynn
01-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Aren't women characters?

I like the job system most of all, but overall I like how cohesive they are. It's hard to pick one specific feature because they're all so different, but usually the story, exploration, characters and battle system just compliment each other very well.

Ayen
01-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Aren't women characters?

Nah, they're a type of soup.

Fynn
01-18-2016, 09:34 AM
:erm:

FFNut
01-19-2016, 01:34 AM
I used to walk around like an Ogre smashing everything I could, however now I've been playing with mages and having a blast. The fact a job class changes the whole game is great for me and makes an old game new again.

Labella
01-19-2016, 04:43 AM
The engrossing fantasy setting that immerses you on a level that nothing else has really done. Its progressive stories that integrate real world elements eg. FFVII n corporate militarism, environmentalism and eco-terrorism. They really serve to bring a level of complexity, maturity and weight to games that really hasnt been seen before n/or expected in n of its medium ie video games. They're top notch when it comes to blending everything from grand music, entertaining, fascinating in-depth characters, exotic, vivid, living-breathing worlds filled with unique ppl, creatures n possibilities crafted with epic storylines that provide more backstory and lore than most books/tv shows/movies. They evoke this "I'm on an adventure!" vibe that you won't find in many other games. Generally speaking, Final Fantasy is an experience.

FinalxxSin
01-19-2016, 06:09 AM
I like how it continues to radically change from one installment to the next. This is like a double edged sword though. On the one hand, if there is something you may like, it may not be present in the next game. On the other hand, if there was something you didn't like, it may not exist the next time around. One FF game on a personal level may not bring that much excitement, but a different game could provide a very opposite reaction. Every title from 6 and beyond have their own fan bases who are very vocal about saying which is their favorite. I rarely see I - V get mentioned as the favorite. I respect that Square switches things up to provide a new experience, regardless of how that may turn out.

black orb
01-25-2016, 03:33 AM
>>> Right now, graphics, battle system and music..:luca:

Wolf Kanno
01-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Balance, regardless of my feelings for particular entries, when taking the series as a whole, the games tend to be more balanced in terms of fun gameplay, great characters, imaginative settings, music, graphics, and overall enjoyment. Other RPG tend to be great at one element but lacking in something else to compensate for it whereas FF tends to strike that nice balance of all qualities.

The lone exception may be music. I can't really think of a franchise that stacks up to FF musically overall.

Pumpkin
02-02-2016, 01:41 PM
They have a very classic RPG feel that I love. Lots of good things but that probably the most. It just FEELS right