PDA

View Full Version : Those Final Fantasy Voice Actors, though...

Mr. Carnelian
01-18-2016, 04:16 AM
It's time for yet another of Mr. Carnelian's "Pick your favourite from the list of male hotties!" threads. But, with a twist: this time there's no shirtlessness :eek: and it's actually relevant to Final Fantasy! :thumbsup:

I found out on this forum that the voice actor who did the English-language version of Balthier, Gideon Emery, not only has a swoon-worthy voice, but is a total hottie. So, for the sake of... let's say science, I did some research, and devised the following hypothesis.

Hypothesis: Square Enix (and SquareSoft, as was) employ predominantly attractive voice actors to do the English-language voice acting for the main male characters in their video games.

I'm very unfussy when it comes to these things though, so in order to test the hypothesis I require feedback from you, the forum!

Evidence:

I've probably forgotten people. Feel free to name them (as long as they're main characters) and put pictures, so we may ogle them.

So, which one of this collection of treats for the eyes and ears flies your airship? Tickles your moogle? Crosses your Moonflow? Waters your Sandsea? Alright, alright, I'll stop.
Let the objectification begin! :cheer:

Mirage
01-18-2016, 04:31 AM
They look pretty average to me, except a couple maybe. I'd guess they're just putting a decent amount of energy into their appearances. Lots of guys don't :p.

Forsaken Lover
01-18-2016, 05:03 AM
None of them are really my type.

Bubba
01-18-2016, 08:51 AM
If I had the money, I would pay Troy Baker to be my friend and always talk to me in the voice of Joel from The Last of Us.

Though if I was that way inclined, I would let Elijah Alexander caress my carob nuts.

Ayen
01-18-2016, 09:02 AM
They don't really do anything for me.

Mr. Carnelian
01-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Well, so far a few of you seem rather unimpressed. :p Honestly, I'd smurf any of them. Although if James Arnold Taylor used his Tidus voice, I would probably be forced to kill him.

There must be someone other than the ever game Bubba who can see something they like. Come on, where are my gays and straight girls at? :dance:

Fynn
01-18-2016, 01:20 PM
Yeah, you seem to have pretty low standards, Carny :p Although, I guess voice is a factor in sex appeal, so people like Liam O'Brien do become more attractive when you imagine both the face and the voice (I am by no means attracted to him, but I can sure as hell tell when a voice is sexy, and damn, dat Akihiko). By the way, check out Orion Acaba - we had an interview with him on the site :D He voices Nine in FF Type-0 and, uh... Jonathan in SMT IV, if that tells you anything. Seriously, Atlus has the best voice actors nowadays, with the Personas and SMT IV having some impeccable casting.

Formalhaut
01-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Thank goodness he has low standards, is all I'm saying. ;)

Of all of them, Liam O'Brien is one of the only attractive ones. But then, that's more because of his clothes; I find a nice shirt opened slightly at the top to be handsome.

Though the guy who voices Basch looks and acts so different from the character. :p

Fynn
01-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Thank goodness he has low standards, is all I'm saying. ;)

Of all of them, Liam O'Brien is one of the only attractive ones. But then, that's more because of his clothes; I find a nice shirt opened slightly at the top to be handsome.

Though the guy who voices Basch looks and acts so different from the character. :p

He's actually also Bloo from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31XEeYWV3kL._SY300_.jpg

Pike
01-18-2016, 03:46 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS HOW ARE NONE OF YOU GUYS APPRECIATING GIDEON EMERY

ACTUAL HOTTEST VOICE ACTOR

Fynn
01-18-2016, 03:47 PM
There you go, Mr. C. There's your fangirl.

Pike
01-18-2016, 06:56 PM
there's a lot of us on tumblr

he has a great voice and a GREAT face

Mr. Carnelian
01-18-2016, 07:03 PM
there's a lot of us on tumblr

he has a great voice and a GREAT face

PREACH! These heathens just don't understand the gorgeousness that is Gideon Emery.

Fynn
01-18-2016, 07:15 PM
Maybe it's just an unflattering picture. I did remember him looking better than what you posted :p

Madame Adequate
01-18-2016, 09:23 PM
Gideon Emery is both extremely good looking, and has one of the most gorgeous fucking panty-melting voices ever.

FFNut
01-19-2016, 01:31 AM
Of force to choose one of them, I'd pick an angry cacatrot.

Pumpkin
01-19-2016, 01:41 PM
Uh I guess the Tidus and Dr. Cid actors