PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends: New Season, Same old Taric

Ayen
01-19-2016, 08:49 PM
I didn't see an active thread on League in this forum in the past three months, so here's a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IexEbn9jcsU

A friend of mine who some of you may remember as Botchmun has his own channel where he plays a lot of League with friends. I thought I'd share it. There's Sonic music playing in the background, pretty neat.

Oh, and talk about League stuff, I guess.

Slothy
01-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Could not get into League myself. I absolutely hate their business model. It actively gets in the way of my game experience.

NorthernChaosGod
01-20-2016, 05:42 AM
Could not get into League myself. I absolutely hate their business model. It actively gets in the way of my game experience.

The business model where the game is completely free to play? o_O

Ayen
01-20-2016, 06:15 AM
They don't pull that play to win crap, do they?

Pete for President
01-20-2016, 09:00 PM

Limiting the heroes available is just a bit lame and I can imagine kinda screws with the lower level meta and balance. What if your team really needs that counter pick, but you haven't bought the character yet?

DOTA 2 gives all heroes from the get-go... *hides*

Slothy
01-20-2016, 10:39 PM

If you want to unlock everything without paying you need to grind for an ungodly amount of time. I actually remember seeing someone do the math a few years ago and I'm not sure if was even possible for a sane human to play enough to do it and still have a life. And the numbers on buying all of the heroes were even worse. Say what you want about people needing to learn the game, that's just a shitty way to treat your customers and bad for the meta game which makes it bad for new players trying to learn.

Pretty much every competitor game I've played had a less offensive business model with none of them topping DOTA2.

Just because a game doesn't make you spend real money to boot it up and jump into a game does not mean it's free to play. Unless you think your time is worthless.

Mirage
01-21-2016, 09:23 AM
Doesn't it also rely on a steady stream of new champions? Won't that seemingly endless roster of champions eventually be extremely hard to balance? Perhaps to the point that they don't bother balancing the older characters up against the new one, forcing people to eventually pay and switch champions to something newer?

Slothy
01-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I didn't want to turn this into a Vivi hates League thread but they do keep adding heroes, which I'm not against necessarily, but they're well over a hundred last I heard.

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2016, 03:54 AM
If you want to unlock everything without paying you need to grind for an ungodly amount of time. I actually remember seeing someone do the math a few years ago and I'm not sure if was even possible for a sane human to play enough to do it and still have a life. And the numbers on buying all of the heroes were even worse. Say what you want about people needing to learn the game, that's just a troutty way to treat your customers and bad for the meta game which makes it bad for new players trying to learn.

Pretty much every competitor game I've played had a less offensive business model with none of them topping DOTA2.

Just because a game doesn't make you spend real money to boot it up and jump into a game does not mean it's free to play. Unless you think your time is worthless.

Well you don't need to unlock everything to be successful at the game. And I fail to see how playing a game would not still be free to play just because I'm spending time on it. With that logic I'm spending even more on games I actually bought. :roll2

Limiting the heroes available is just a bit lame and I can imagine kinda screws with the lower level meta and balance. What if your team really needs that counter pick, but you haven't bought the character yet?

DOTA 2 gives all heroes from the get-go... *hides*

Champion counters really aren't a thing in League like they are in DOTA. Pretty much anything is viable unless you're at the very highest level of play.