PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Final Fantasy Love Scenes (SPOILERS)

Midgar Mist
01-20-2016, 02:51 PM
My favourite is the Tidus and Yuna scene where he kisses her. It took me by pleasant surprise as it was the first time an FF couple had an on screen kiss (unlike FF9 where they just hugged....after she thought he was dead, ummmmm...what was THAT about?) Anyway guys, favourite love scenes and why :-)

Night Fury
01-20-2016, 03:38 PM
When Squall carries Rinoa over the train tracks, and dumps her there to be run over.

The end.

Ayen
01-20-2016, 06:39 PM
My favourite is the Tidus and Yuna scene where he kisses her. It took me by pleasant surprise as it was the first time an FF couple had an on screen kiss (unlike FF9 where they just hugged....after she thought he was dead, ummmmm...what was THAT about?) Anyway guys, favourite love scenes and why :-)

That's my favorite one, too. Even though Teenage Ayen was super jealous that Tidus got to kiss Yuna, it was still a touching scene. Yuna was all like, "What's this? Oh mai gimmie! Wait, I can't do that." -cue crying-

Lulu, Tidus made Yuna cry!

maybee
01-21-2016, 05:52 AM
When Squall carries Rinoa over the train tracks, and dumps her there to be run over.

The end.

.... I remember that part a little differently.

The FFIX ending where Zidane and Garnet reunite and embrace, I didn't mind that they never kissed, you could tell that they loved each other dearly. Sometimes it's stronger to show them not kissing.

Fynn
01-21-2016, 10:23 AM
The Pharos, anyone? How the tone of Fran's voice and her putting her hand on Balthier's cheek after he rushes to her is so touching. It really shows how subtlety can really elevate a game relationship.

Wolf Kanno
01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Locke using the Phoenix Esper on Rachael and the aftermath. It's such a poignant scene but I love the relationship dynamic between Locke, Celes, and Rachael and the idea of trying to overcome a past love. It brings pretty good closure to all three characters.

Mr. Carnelian
01-23-2016, 12:11 PM
X-2. That implied one between the Hypello bartender and his girlfriend. Mmmm, blue frog-people.

Shiva95
01-23-2016, 01:24 PM
When Locke saves Celes at the end of FFVI. It's a redemption for him. He failed to save the girl he loved before, but now he is able to do it. That's so touching.

Omni-Odin
01-23-2016, 01:53 PM
It's X's scene for me and it's not close in my mind. VIII's final scene is more romantic to me than the spaceship scene. IX's ending I guess is the only one that came close. Come to think of it, IX's ending in general is just spectacular.

Hmm, now I'm just on a rambling roll. XII had no great interpersonal relationships (save Fran and Balthier), at least not ones that weren't forced. This isn't to say I don't like the story. I just think this story is more political and religious than about friendship. Which is where XIII went wrong. Too many monologues in the cutscences, my God. While I had no problem believing the Snow and Serah dialogue, how do you want an audience to jump into the middle of the background story that XIII had built and connect within two hours of "gameplay"? You can't.

I've also never been able to get super emotionally involved in 16 bit or lower romantic bits. Singing Opera scene? Didn't feel a thing. <---May seem cold. Wanted to love it, just couldn't.

Ok IV. I love IV and it's the only SNES or NES game where I got very story invested for the long haul. VI, not as much. I was laughing through most of it, including at Kefka, cause he's a joke. One bullet in the beginning of the game amiright? Shut that burpy laughter right up.

Anyways, yeah, X. Lol

Galuf
01-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Aeriths death scene.....

Wait what.

charliepanayi
01-23-2016, 06:35 PM
Steiner imploring Beatrix to stay at the end of FFIX.

Rin Heartilly
02-05-2016, 07:40 PM

The end.

Don't make me come over there Jane :nonono:

My favourite is the Tidus and Yuna scene where he kisses her. It took me by pleasant surprise as it was the first time an FF couple had an on screen kiss

Tidus and Yuna's scene kiss scene was cute until you realize Kimahri's been watching the whole entire time........

In no particular order:

1. When Tidus is fading away and puts his arms around Yuna.

2. Vivi and Quina get married

3. Squall embracing Rinoa at the sorceress memorial

4. Rosa and Cecil being lovey dovey while forever alone Kain watches

5. Squall kisses Rinoa after the credits

6. Yuna reunites with Tidus in X-2

7. Cloud and muscle men in the honey bee inn

theundeadhero
02-06-2016, 04:10 AM
The FFVIII spaceship scene with Squall and Rinoa. They're both in way over their heads and don't know how to handle the situation. Rinoa is now a known sorcerer and troops will be waiting for them to get back so they can take her away. Squall is as distant and cold as ever, but Rinoa is terrified. Her confessions of being afraid are what finally tear down Squall's fear of loss and he holds her as they make their return. Que tears.