PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Meat

Colonel Angus
01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
What meat do you like the most?

Night Fury
01-22-2016, 05:02 PM
I love Duck, Chicken, Lamb, and Beef. But I think I would still pick fish over any meat. All meats are delicious when cooked and prepared well though!

Crop
01-22-2016, 05:03 PM
I tend to be alone in this regard, but Pork for me. I even have it at Christmas.

Pumpkin
01-22-2016, 05:12 PM
Probably pork.

Shorty
01-22-2016, 05:12 PM
fuck I had to choose between chicken and fish but chicken is my default go-to and it goes with literally everything, I do not want salmon in my curry

Kalevala
01-22-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm a filthy vegetarian. There's a restaurant in Toronto with an entire menu of fake items like chicken wraps and fish n' chips, but the entire thing is vegan-friendly. It's amazing.

Shorty
01-22-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm a filthy vegetarian.

why are you even here

Zanmato
01-22-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm a proud vegetarian.

Fixed! :smug:
Welcome aboard! :D

I'm a filthy vegetarian.

why are you even here

Because vegetarians are awesome, period. :cool:

Kalevala
01-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Guess who is no longer cooking for you when you visit.

Psychotic
01-22-2016, 05:20 PM
give me all the smurfing beef you got. they were having some fancy buffet lunch downstairs at work today, i sauntered in, stuffed all the beef i could fit into my mouth and casually strolled out.

Shorty
01-22-2016, 05:20 PM
Guess who is no longer cooking for you when you visit.

thank christ

was that the plan

was it

I would wither away during the visit

Also, I'm just waiting for Chris to come to this poll and select "frogs/amphibians/snakes/gators".

Fynn
01-22-2016, 05:44 PM
Aw man, I picked beef, but then I noticed fish there. But still, there's regular white fish, which is great on its own, and then there's salmon which is the best thing ever!

Still, I eat meat like once a month anyway. From what I saw on the Internet, the proper term is semi-vegetarian :monster:

Night Fury
01-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Is there such a thing as a semi-vegetarian?

Zanmato
01-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Aw man, I picked beef, but then I noticed fish there. But still, there's regular white fish, which is great on its own, and then there's salmon which is the best thing ever!

Still, I eat meat like once a month anyway. From what I saw on the Internet, the proper term is semi-vegetarian :monster:

Semi-vegetarian?! Spit it out, man!
This concept is ridiculous! :colbert:

Is there such a thing as a semi-vegetarian?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-vegetarianism
I still can't believe it... :stare:

Night Fury
01-22-2016, 05:56 PM
No. You either eat meat or you don't.

Many people omit meat from their meals because the recipe calls for it, or because they can't afford meat or even hey, vegetables are delicious! This has to be a joke, sorry!

Zanmato
01-22-2016, 06:02 PM
No. You either eat meat or you don't.

Many people omit meat from their meals because the recipe calls for it, or because they can't afford meat or even hey, vegetables are delicious! This has to be a joke, sorry!

Finally! Someone understands me! :love:
I like you... I really like you! :D

Crop
01-22-2016, 06:03 PM
I dont see the big deal in people referring to themselves as semi-vegetarian. It doesn't hurt anyone so who cares?

Just to clarify I'm absolutely not one. Meat all day everyday for me!

Night Fury
01-22-2016, 06:06 PM
I don't think there's any harm in it either I just find it a daft concept. I do think there is absolutely no harm in cutting down on the meat that we eat as well, as vegetables are bloody delicious.

is a vegetarian a semi vegan?

Fynn
01-22-2016, 06:31 PM
Hey, it's not like I insist on being called that or anything, I just stumbled on it and found it interesting that it has a name.

I'm actually kinda proud of this way of eating since people around here do not appreciate vegetables at all even though they're awesome, but I still like the occasional chili con carne or something. Sorry if I offended anyone, sheesh :roll2

And no, a vegetarian is not a semi vegetarian. If you look at the Wikipedia page, you'll notice that it says "occasional meat". So that kind of defeats the purpose of vegetarianism proper, don't you think? :monster:

Zanmato
01-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Hey, it's not like I insist on being called that or anything, I just stumbled on it and found it interesting that it has a name.

I'm actually kinda proud of this way of eating since people around here do not appreciate vegetables at all even though they're awesome, but I still like the occasional chili con carne or something. Sorry if I offended anyone, sheesh :roll2

And no, a vegetarian is not a semi vegetarian. If you look at the Wikipedia page, you'll notice that it says "occasional meat". So that kind of defeats the purpose of vegetarianism proper, don't you think? :monster:

I still find this term useless, but it's just me... :lol:

Psychotic
01-22-2016, 06:56 PM
Sorry if I offended anyone, sheesh :roll2Uh huh, that's it, huh? You think you can drop the semi-vegetarian bomb on your fellow forum goers and one little sorry is going to make it all okay? How about you actually think about the damage and hurt your words caused and then maybe I'll consider accepting your two-bit apology.

Pumpkin
01-22-2016, 07:00 PM
I guess a vegetarian would be a semi-vegan? I don't know, doesn't matter

I just don't like when people say they're vegetarian but they eat chicken. CHICKEN IS A MEAT

Night Fury
01-22-2016, 07:02 PM
I'm not offended by anyone. Like I said, I just find it a strange concept.

Zanmato
01-22-2016, 07:10 PM
I guess a vegetarian would be a semi-vegan? I don't know, doesn't matter

I just don't like when people say they're vegetarian but they eat chicken. CHICKEN IS A MEAT

They're not vegetarians... They're just morons. :facepalm:

Fynn
01-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Still, It's a concept that exists. Ridiculous as it may sound, that's what It's called :monster:

And yeah, that chicken thing reminds me - in Polish we have the word "jarosz", which is a term separate from a vegetarian, but still basically means someone doesn't eat meat. But they eat fish, so yeah.

My dad is actually vegetarian, so it's always amusing to me how some people react when I say I don't eat meat that often. So my wife's grandma says things like "But what else would you have for dinner? Well, I guess you could have herring..."

Labella
01-22-2016, 07:13 PM
I'm vegan but for the record - Cock.

Night Fury
01-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Wow nice.

Night Fury
01-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Still, It's a concept that exists. Ridiculous as it may sound, that's what It's called :monster:

And yeah, that chicken thing reminds me - in Polish we have the word "jarosz", which is a term separate from a vegetarian, but still basically means someone doesn't eat meat. But they eat fish, so yeah.

My dad is actually vegetarian, so it's always amusing to me how some people react when I say I don't eat meat that often. So my wife's grandma says things like "But what else would you have for dinner? Well, I guess you could have herring..."

yeah pescatarian is a thing!

:monster: :monster:

Fynn
01-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Ah, so that's the word! Neato! Thanks, Night :plumcheer:

Psychotic
01-22-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm vegan but for the record - C*ck.You're allowed to say cack. Might want to brush your teeth more often but you do you.

Labella
01-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Never heard of the word "cack" before.

Edited for clarification lol.

Psychotic
01-22-2016, 07:36 PM
My favourite is the verb. (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/cack)

SammieBabe
01-22-2016, 08:07 PM
I love Lamb. It's kind of expensive here, so I don't get it often, but every time I've had it, it's just perfection in meat.

Gator is pretty awesome too, if you ever get the chance to try it.

Mr. Carnelian
01-22-2016, 09:47 PM
I love Lamb. It's kind of expensive here, so I don't get it often, but every time I've had it, it's just perfection in meat.

Food threads on here always make me crave things, particularly if I haven't had my tea yet.

Now I'm craving roast lamb with mint sauce and roast potatoes, and I have to put up with beef burgers and chips because that's what we have in and I've already started cooking it. Grumble. :grumble:

Ayen
01-22-2016, 10:18 PM
I like beef!

-om nom nom-

blackmage_nuke
01-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Bread is the best thing since sliced beef

fire_of_avalon
01-22-2016, 11:10 PM
It's between chicken and beef. I eat chicken more often because it's versatile and cheap, but when I can get a steak I get a steak.

DMKA
01-23-2016, 12:46 AM
Chicken hands down. I could live on chicken for the rest of my life and never eat any other meat and be just fine with it.

But beef is a close second. I do love a good steak. Oh my do I love a good steak.

Pheesh
01-23-2016, 01:49 AM
Duck. The sad thing is that they are my second favourite animal, but that's just my cross to bear I suppose. My favourite animal is pigs and I eat pork all the time as well, life is cruel... Delicious, but cruel.

Bri
01-23-2016, 05:45 AM
Beef, pork, chicken, fish http://home.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/biggrin.gif

Gator is pretty awesome too, if you ever get the chance to try it.

Gator meat! I have always longed to try it. Bert and I have talked about trying some but don't know where to find some.

escobert
01-23-2016, 05:49 AM
Too hard to choose. I enjoy beef, most pork and chicken VERY much. Fish is good but, I'm not a fan of all the over fishing everywhere and the local fish are meh. Not into lamb/mutton at all. Oh, Moose is really good, I prefer it to venison.

Bubba
01-23-2016, 12:38 PM
I am a half-vegan quasi meat-eating vegetarian.

But I still eat meat... and vegetables.

SammieBabe
01-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Food threads on here always make me crave things, particularly if I haven't had my tea yet.

Now I'm craving roast lamb with mint sauce and roast potatoes, and I have to put up with beef burgers and chips because that's what we have in and I've already started cooking it. Grumble. :grumble:

It's been a couple years since the last time I had lamb. I went full-on carnivore the last time I had it, and am now salivating. Solidarity. :D

Gator meat! I have always longed to try it. Bert and I have talked about trying some but don't know where to find some.

I can imagine Gator would be harder to find up there. I'm in Florida, so it's a bit easier. If not cooked correctly, it can be chewy, but when done right, it just melts in your mouth. ;)

FFNut
01-25-2016, 02:41 PM
I picked venison because it's the closest thing to elk on the list. Elk is great to chow down on.

FFNut
01-25-2016, 02:44 PM
Too hard to choose. I enjoy beef, most pork and chicken VERY much. Fish is good but, I'm not a fan of all the over fishing everywhere and the local fish are meh. Not into lamb/mutton at all. Oh, Moose is really good, I prefer it to venison.

The he big problem with Venison is how it's butchered. The meat has a small film over it that must be scraped off right away for it to be great. Agree with you though, moose is very good wild meat.

edit just realized I double posted, sorry everyone.

DK
01-26-2016, 05:00 PM
Goat all day

Laddy
01-26-2016, 05:17 PM
Who the fuck would vote for pheasant? Caliph Harun al-Rashid?

As for me, chicken is kickin'

Mr. Carnelian
01-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Who the smurf would vote for pheasant? Caliph Harun al-Rashid?

And pheasant is pleasant! I've had pheasant before, it's pretty nice.

Pheesh
01-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Who the smurf would vote for pheasant? Caliph Harun al-Rashid?

And pheasant is pleasant! I've had pheasant before, it's pretty nice.

Duck is tasty as fuck.

FFNut
01-26-2016, 09:42 PM
Duck and Pheasent are both very nice. My friend and his wife have a small farm where they raise both for meat as well as quail, turkeys, chickens, stuff like that. I love visiting at lunch time there!

Midgar Mist
01-27-2016, 04:26 AM
I myself no longer refer to myself as a vegetarian. I cannot. First I was a veggie, then I ate fish, now I eat chicken and turkey. I dont know i just craved that kind of protein again. So i call myself 'Someone who doesnt eat red meat or anything from a pig'. Its a long title, but its accurate.

Chris
01-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Cuttlefish. Bison. Wild boar. Duck. Dodo. Chicken. The possibilities infinite.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-27-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm still a fan of pork chop sandwiches. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8)