PDA

View Full Version : I must be getting old

Omni-Odin
01-21-2016, 01:24 PM
So here's the deal. After going all the way through Lightning Returns, I am absolutely getting my arse kicked by the final boss. I wan't able to beat aeronite or Ereshkigal and the Earth Eater Last One can suck it. I figured, "Hey, those are optional bosses. I'll do another play through after I beat the inevitably easier final boss to get better gear and stats. Oh crap, I can't do a lick of damage."

So, maybe I'm just getting older, and can't adapt to this (difficult to me) battle system, but I find this to be the hardest final boss in a Final Fantasy I've ever walked into as close to fully garbed as possible. (No Ultimatum garb or Falcon Charm) So, here's my question. Which of these games that I consider to be main series had the hardest final boss for you.

EDIT: Finally beat him. My God. I was thinking about throwing the controller if he mutated into another form.

Fynn
01-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Cloud of Darkness. Though admittedly, the difficulty mostly stems from her being right after a boss rush of four with no save points in between.

Omni-Odin
01-21-2016, 01:33 PM
Cloud of Darkness. Though admittedly, the difficulty mostly stems from her being right after a boss rush of four with no save points in between.

No doubt. I was right there with you until I played this guy. Just can't seem to do the damage I want. Patience is so necessary here.

Mr. Carnelian
01-21-2016, 02:38 PM
Vayne is an absolute pain. I have yet to defeat him. It's impossible to beat him just by doing the main story, you have to level up by doing loads of side-quests or grinding. That would be okay if any of the side quests were worth doing. In my opinion, they're not. I gave the whole "hunting" thing a try and it was just too tedious. And as for grinding, the battle system was beginning to wear on me as I approached the end, so I just couldn't be bothered. I just watched a youtube video of him being defeated and the end cutscene instead.

Wolf Kanno
01-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Cloud of Darkness (Famicom), even with good levels, using the HP trick to bolster your health, and using the Ninja/Sage combo with the best weapons in the game; she can still destroy your party if you make one mistake.

Sephiroth
01-21-2016, 08:05 PM
Orphan First Form
Neo-X-Death
Zeromus

Omni-Odin
01-21-2016, 10:57 PM
Sephiroth. How did you join EoFF in 2008 and claim the Sephiroth name? That's incredible. Is anyone Kefka?

Formalhaut
01-22-2016, 02:00 AM
So here's the deal. After going all the way through Lightning Returns, I am absolutely getting my arse kicked by the final boss. I wan't able to beat aeronite or Ereshkigal and the Earth Eater Last One can suck it. I figured, "Hey, those are optional bosses. I'll do another play through after I beat the inevitably easier final boss to get better gear and stats. Oh crap, I can't do a lick of damage."

So, maybe I'm just getting older, and can't adapt to this (difficult to me) battle system, but I find this to be the hardest final boss in a Final Fantasy I've ever walked into as close to fully garbed as possible. (No Ultimatum garb or Falcon Charm) So, here's my question. Which of these games that I consider to be main series had the hardest final boss for you.

Eh, the Ultimatus garb isn't even that good. The Falcon Charm is a great accessory, but Ultimatus (and the resident ability, Ultima) is just not that good in this game. Any ability that is 'more damaging the more you are hurt' is iffy, at best.

Good garbs in this game include Soldier of Peace (for spamming Artemis Arrows)and Splendid Admiral (for Transform Bravery).

I found Bhunivelze to be tricksy, to honest. Aeronite and Ereshkigal are both annoyingly hard bosses. Really, all of the 'bonus' bosses of Lightning Returns are just hard​.

Galuf
01-22-2016, 02:47 AM
I say necron. But thats probably just my luck :lol:. The easiest is by far to me. The undying. I didnt even struggle one bit. That may be because i enjoy going around doing the hunts but still. Also exdeath is close to hardest but i think with the right set up he is easy. Havent played 3 much.

The actualy easiest boss though is rursan arbiter from type -0 (atleast on the first playthrough) because there is no strategy at all. Atleast yu yevon couldnt be killed by just hitting him normally. You had to kill him with a sort of strategy. I may be remembering the type-0 fight wrong but.. Iirc you just destroy a part with a character. Then they die. And repeat till last character. Boom. Win.

Ayen
01-22-2016, 06:54 AM
I found Sephiroth the hardest out of the ones I played. Had to go out and grind some more to get past it. Smurfing Super Nova. Bad enough the sequence takes forever to finish.

Omni-Odin
01-22-2016, 02:06 PM
The actualy easiest boss though is rursan arbiter from type -0 (atleast on the first playthrough) because there is no strategy at all. Atleast yu yevon couldnt be killed by just hitting him normally. You had to kill him with a sort of strategy. I may be remembering the type-0 fight wrong but.. Iirc you just destroy a part with a character. Then they die. And repeat till last character. Boom. Win.

Yeah, that's why I didn't even include him. I put a lot of work on that game and felt so cheated by the final fight.

Karifean
01-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Braska's Final Aeon. If you don't know what you're doing he can seriously mess you up. I think it's the only storyline fight where the enemy delaying your turns is actually a thing and getting accustomed to that so suddenly is really tough. Not to mention the Yu Pagodas whose HP skyrocket if you don't pay attention.

He's pretty easy if you do sidequests though.

maybee
01-23-2016, 02:48 AM
I really struggled with Zeromus FF IV DS version, Kain saved the day. Found Sephiroth the easiest- managed to beat him with a low lv Cait Sith in the party lmao.

Shiva95
01-23-2016, 01:29 PM
Braska's Final Aeon. The first time I played the game, and I didn't do many sidequests and so I didn't have Anima, so it was terrible. When I played it with the sidequests, he's easier but it is still a hard battle.

black orb
01-25-2016, 03:03 AM
>>> Never had a problem with FF final bosses.. :luca:

Hollycat
01-25-2016, 03:23 AM
Necron is the only one I ever even had to try twice on. Damn his butt.