PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite representations of Batman AND Superman?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-23-2016, 03:22 AM
Is it any of the movies, live-action TV shows, animated TV shows or a particular run of the comic books that just screams Batman AND Superman, to you?

I think for Batman, I'm gonna have to go with the Bruce Timm/Eric Radomski Batman Animated Series from 1992. But Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is maybe a close second and James Tucker's Batman: The Brave and the Bold would be a distant third.

I think the Max and Dave Fleischer Superman cartoon shorts actually, probably best represent who Superman really is, but I guess a close second would be The Bruce Timm/Paul Dini Superman Animated Series from '96. And I suppose a distant third would be Man of Steel, and maybe even Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, if they take the time to flesh out the Superman characterization a little bit more.

Ayen
01-23-2016, 03:38 AM
Both animated series for Batman and Superman. Live action I have to go with Tim Burton's Batman, but I don't have a favorite live action Superman at the moment.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-23-2016, 03:46 AM
Both animated series for Batman and Superman. Live action I have to go with Tim Burton's Batman, but I don't have a favorite live action Superman at the moment.

Wow, you don't even like the Dean Cain Superman from Lois & Clark enough to say that he's your favorite. :D

Ayen
01-23-2016, 03:52 AM

Wow, you don't even like the Dean Cain Superman from Lois & Clark enough to say that he's your favorite. :D

Didn't watch enough of the show to really call him a favorite.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-23-2016, 04:00 AM
Didn't watch enough of the show to really call him a favorite.

I watched the show, but it's really more about Clark Kent and Lois Lane's relationship than it is about Superman and Lois's relationship. By the way:
They even had an episode where Clark got shot while protecting Lois.

Shorty
01-23-2016, 05:13 AM
Animated Series Batman (either of them) for Batman, Nolan's Batmans for the universe. Year One gave us the aesthetic that inspired Nolan's Batman, so that comic is my favorite representation of him.

I don't care about Superman.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-23-2016, 05:31 AM

You don't even like the Max and Dave Fleischer Superman cartoon shorts? Because those Fleischer Superman shorts were the inspiration for Batman: The Animated Series.

Mr. Carnelian
01-23-2016, 11:36 AM
I've never really liked Batman as a character: it's always been the villains that have sold it to me. So, on that basis, I'm going to have to go with The Dark Knight, closely followed by Tim Burton's Batman film, whatever that was called.

In terms of Superman, I'm not really sure. Again, he's never really grabbed me as a character, but his villains haven't either. I've actually seen quite a few Superman films, but I didn't really like any of them. They often cast edible looking men to play Superman though, so watching them wasn't a complete waste, I suppose.

Ayen
01-23-2016, 03:23 PM
I've never really liked Batman as a character: it's always been the villains that have sold it to me. So, on that basis, I'm going to have to go with The Dark Knight, closely followed by Tim Burton's Batman film, whatever that was called.

It was just called Batman. It was a different time. A simpler time.

Midgar Mist
01-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Live action I have to go with Tim Burton's Batman, but I don't have a favorite live action Superman at the moment.

I agree with this.

I myself have never seen the newer batman films (if I did I'd watch it for Heath Ledger, as I saw some of his previous work. I've never seen Christian Bale in action)

I love Tim Burton's take on Batman, and my favourite Batman has to be Michael Keaton :-)

As for superman I've seen both Christopher Reeve and Dean Cain in action. And the looks of the guy who played him anytime I saw Smallville advertised

Hmmm...I can turn this into a Snog, Marry, Avoid thing

Snog: guy from Smallville
Marry: Christopher Reeve
Avoid: Dean Cain

:-D

Shorty
01-23-2016, 07:33 PM

You don't even like the Max and Dave Fleischer Superman cartoon shorts? Because those Fleischer Superman shorts were the inspiration for Batman: The Animated Series.

It doesn't matter to me if they were an inspiration for it - I don't care about Superman as a character.

Ayen
01-23-2016, 07:40 PM
I love Tim Burton's take on Batman, and my favourite Batman has to be Michael Keaton :-)

I knew there was a reason I loved you.

http://i.imgur.com/b7vNdB3.jpg

However, we're gonna have to fix this issue of you never seeing any of the Christoper Nolan's Batman films.

Depression Moon
01-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Animated series Batman. All-Star Superman.

Del Murder
01-23-2016, 10:54 PM
To me, the animated series Batman is the real Batman and every other version of him is compared to this one. My favorite Superman is actually from Kingdom Come but in terms of one that exists outside of comics or in the present day then I would say the Superman from the Justice League cartoons, with...Smallville coming in second.

Depression Moon
01-24-2016, 02:37 AM
Do you read Batman comics with the voice of Kevin Conroy in your head like I do?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-24-2016, 03:45 AM
Does anybody hear Tim Daly (Superman/Clark Kent ~ Superman: The Animated Series) as the voice of Superman in your head, while reading Superman comics?

Ayen
01-24-2016, 04:12 AM
It's been a while since I've read a Batman or a Superman comic (or any kind of comic for that matter), but I do hear their voices when reading those text chat pictures that appear on Facebook based around Marvel and DC superheroes. Same with Joker and Lex Luthor.

Midgar Mist
01-24-2016, 04:50 AM

I knew there was a reason I loved you.

http://i.imgur.com/b7vNdB3.jpg

However, we're gonna have to fix this issue of you never seeing any of the Christoper Nolan's Batman films.

Spoken like a true boyfriend :-)

Kalevala
01-26-2016, 03:25 PM
Frank Miller's Batman, Neil Gaiman's Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? one-off, Christopher Nolan's Batman, and Batman: The Animated Series.

I haven't come across any Superman material that really engaged me, but there's still a lot I haven't seen/read.

Shorty
01-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Oh, can we do one-offs? Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth is one that I will chant forever. A three-part narrative between Batman, Joker and a flashback to Amadeus Arkham. The mental distress that Batman experiences while returning to Arkham is fascinating to me on so many levels because I've never seen that side of him represented so clearly and realistically. 10/10 will always recommend.

Kalevala
01-26-2016, 04:51 PM
I suppose I could include the Arkham series of video games as well.