PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Yuna as a character?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-23-2016, 06:07 AM
I don't. I think she's kind of a ding-bat. And not to mention that in X-2, she tried to kill the man that she was looking for (Tidus) by pushing him off a cliff and onto some jagged rocks. Now, I think Tidus is kind of annoying but even he doesn't deserve THAT. Yuna's a dumb bitch.

Fynn
01-23-2016, 06:10 AM
*waits for Ayen to enter thread*

*brings out popcorn*

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-23-2016, 06:20 AM
*waits for Ayen to enter thread*

*brings out popcorn*

Oh yeah, I forgot that Ayen really likes Final Fantasy X and/or X-2.^^;

maybee
01-23-2016, 06:24 AM
I love her ! She's brave, determined, selfless, never gives up, and is kind and understanding. She only pushes Tidus off the rocks though, to see if he's here to stay or not; to see whether or if he would fade away on her again. She didn't push Tidus to be a dick lol :stare:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-23-2016, 06:36 AM
I love her ! She's brave, determined, selfless, never gives up, and is kind and understanding. She only pushes Tidus off the rocks though, to see if he's here to stay or not; to see whether or if he would fade away on her again. She didn't push Tidus to be a dick lol :stare:

Yeah but those were jagged rocks! Could you imagine how much that would seriously hurt in real life!?

Fynn
01-23-2016, 06:44 AM
It has more to do with Yuna being his favorite character :p

Ayen
01-23-2016, 06:51 AM
You mean you actually went through the trouble of getting a 100% on X-2? No wonder you hate Yuna so much. I forgive you.

I relate with Yuna more than any other character in the Final Fantasy series and enjoy her development between games, so of course I like her.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-23-2016, 06:59 AM
You know, I don't think they really sold why Yuna was in love with Tidus. I mean are girls really THAT shallow? I actually bought Nera's love for the Hero character in Dragon Quest V, more than I bought Yuna's love for Tidus.

Mirage
01-23-2016, 07:51 AM
I liked her better before she broke up with Tidus.

Saber
01-23-2016, 09:08 AM
She is the best character in Final Fantasy X. I don't like her much in storyline but when in battle she is the strongest.

Other characters get 1 overdrive and they aren't always that powerful. Yuna gets like X thanks to her aeons and if she is ready she can perform two in one shot. If you fill in the sphere grid you will notice that Yuna is obviously the most powerful. In X-2 she is normal but she still can kick butt.

Fynn
01-23-2016, 09:32 AM
Idk, I think it was actually kinda lame how her overdrive was just a charged up summon.

Also, summoner/white Mage hybrids are so overdone. I'd like a full-time white Mage, thank you

Mr. Carnelian
01-23-2016, 11:45 AM
You know, I don't think they really sold why Yuna was in love with Tidus. I mean are girls really THAT shallow?

Shallow? Have you SEEN his outfit? It's a smurfing atrocity! And that voice... bleaurggh, it's like sandpaper on my ears. Girl must be some kind of saint to see past that trout.

I'm with Maybee and Ayen. Yuna's a good character, and I like her progression from X to X-2.

Shiva95
01-23-2016, 01:22 PM
Of course I like Yuna. She's so brave and ready to save everyone!

Karifean
01-23-2016, 02:24 PM
I like her, yeah.

Fynn
01-23-2016, 03:41 PM
For all the reasons I strongly dislike X, really, I never had a problem with Yuna and Tidus falling in love. I mean, people complain they don't ended stand why, but really, you can rarely tell why in real life anyway so :erm:

Formalhaut
01-24-2016, 04:46 AM

Yeah but those were jagged rocks! Could you imagine how much that would seriously hurt in real life!?

Maybe seeing him in pain means that he's really real, and can feel pain like an actual human, as opposed to a lifeless manikin constructed to look like him.

Mr. Carnelian
01-24-2016, 11:29 AM

Maybe seeing him in pain means that he's really real, and can feel pain like an actual human, as opposed to a lifeless manikin constructed to look like him.

Or maybe she realised her horrible mistake, and was trying to kill him whilst there were no witnesses around... :stare:

Zanmato
01-24-2016, 07:23 PM

Or maybe she realised her horrible mistake, and was trying to kill him whilst there were no witnesses around... :stare:

That's a crazy theory! :stare:
However, that would be an interesting plot twist, indeed! :plotting:

Ayen
01-24-2016, 07:25 PM
I mean, it would explain why they broke up later.

maybee
01-25-2016, 03:10 AM

Maybe all this time she was working with Seymour and actually truly wanted to marry him, hence why it took her so long to send him. And her true mission was to murder Tidus; the cute shyness was just her act.

http://i.imgur.com/1FOhmQm.gif

Pumpkin
01-25-2016, 03:17 AM
I love Yuna! She's strong, courageous, selfless, and kind to a fault. She's willing to literally give her life so that people can enjoy a few small years of peace. She believes in her faith, in the aeons, but she's also open to change and grow her beliefs when she gains new information. Some people can't do that, they just convince themselves they're right and shut themselves off to any change. But she's willing to listen, think, and grow. She's supportive to her friends and she's steadfast in her missions. She always means well and does her best for others. She's sweet, and I like her cute and silly jokes and shenanigans in X-2

black orb
01-25-2016, 03:41 AM
>>> Not a big fan of her but someone has to do all the summoning :shrug: :luca:

CactuarKing
01-25-2016, 03:02 PM
She was a bit too................I don't know the word...............

She was annoyingly high pitched in her voice, but quite fun to play as, even if it is just so that when you level her up, you can get the comedy sound of her staff when you one-shot enemies.

Loony BoB
01-25-2016, 05:15 PM
I'm not very fond of timid, softly spoken characters. Her voice annoyed me. Her appearance didn't appeal to me. Her personality just didn't sit well with me. I can see positive parts of her but overall, like Tidus and Seymour, the more I had to listen to her the less I liked her.

But if others like her, power to 'em.

Midgar Mist
01-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Yes :greenie:
She's strong and determined to see her ultimate goal through. Unlike some of the previous FF Heroines, she is a strong woman who doesn't always need a man to come rescue her. Sure she needs her guardians but...she aint no damsel in distress.

Example, when they discover Seymour's true nature

"I shall fight you too!"

FFNut
01-26-2016, 05:12 AM
Ido like Yuna, however she isn't my favorite in the game. She is in the middle with me.

Mr. Carnelian
01-26-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm not very fond of timid, softly spoken characters. Her voice annoyed me. Her appearance didn't appeal to me. Her personality just didn't sit well with me.

I also found that her voice could be annoying sometimes. But, in regards to her personality, you couldn't be more wrong! She may start off timid, but she develops into an outspoken leader who takes no trout.

Mercer
05-02-2016, 07:54 PM
I liked Yuna as a character despite her flaws. She's still a great character.

LovelessFirefly6
11-18-2016, 09:40 AM
I love Yuna. She's strong and courageous, also really driven which I'm sure was difficult going against everything she knew and believed for a bunch of people who hated her and tried to kill her. Now her voice actress on the other hand, was pretty bad. I never felt as if her voice fit her properly, but that's just my opinion.

Yubel-Lover
11-19-2016, 07:02 PM
I love Yuna! She's strong, courageous, selfless, and kind to a fault. She's willing to literally give her life so that people can enjoy a few small years of peace. She believes in her faith, in the aeons, but she's also open to change and grow her beliefs when she gains new information. Some people can't do that, they just convince themselves they're right and shut themselves off to any change. But she's willing to listen, think, and grow. She's supportive to her friends and she's steadfast in her missions. She always means well and does her best for others. She's sweet, and I like her cute and silly jokes and shenanigans in X-2

100% agree :D

Now her voice actress on the other hand, was pretty bad. I never felt as if her voice fit her properly, but that's just my opinion.

Imo the voice actress wasn't that bad. I think she was able to convey Yuna's kindness to other people and at the same time her determination to reach her goal.

Peter1986
12-20-2016, 10:05 AM
This actually depends a lot on whether we speak of the Japanese or American Yuna, because they seem very different.

Japanese Yuna is much more childlike and "giggly" than the American Yuna, who appears more mature and burdened.
For example, in the Japanese version Yuna's first line about becoming a summoner has a tone more like a cheerful "I have done it! I succeeded at becoming a summoner!", which is very different from her more careful and modest way of speech in the American version.

For comparison, here is the scene of her ending speech in the Japanese version, which alone will probably give you an idea of how different she appears to be as a character in that version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwtBFx6MoMw&t=5m2s

Either way, in both versions she seems like a kind and caring character, which is of course a very good reason to like someone.
It is also clear the she is burdened and thoughtful in the Japanese version as well, although she seems to try to fight that off by being extra cheerful whenever she can.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
05-09-2017, 09:09 AM
I could never stand her

Sarisa
10-14-2018, 03:50 AM
Surprisingly I do; I find her design visually appealing in both X and X-2. It also helps that she was actually useful in battles and wasn't your typical naive healer that needed everyone else to protect them. She was mature and dignified, which is more than I can say about your typical anime healer character. Though I do tend to treat X and X-2 Yuna as two separate characters, mostly because I have trouble seeing how she goes from solemn and dignified Yuna to carefree and flashy Yuna with little to no explanation given, especially after having lost Tidus. Rikku's transformation made sense for her, Yuna's...not so much. While I don't necessarily think X-2 was bad it was kind of "meh" overall and I can definitely see why people didn't like it as it was pretty different from the original in almost every way.

Lord Golbez
10-15-2018, 04:40 AM
Kind of hard for me to say, because I think the awkward voice acting ruined the possibility of me liking her. She has character traits that are likeable, but I can't separate her from that ridiculously unnatural pace of talking. I don't blame the voice actor either. It was the direction in this case and it was bad. If they wanted to try to lengthen the American voice acting to try to fit the character animation, they should have written more dialogue. Having her speak at a god awful unnaturally slow stilted pace had to be the worst decision possible. Yes, even worse than having the character model awkwardly speaking for several seconds after the dialogue is complete.

Rez09
10-16-2018, 06:13 AM
No.
I have a lot of problems with the characters in FFX in general, as most come off more as ideas the writers wanted to push than actual people, and Yuna is especially bad about this, effectively coming off as some kind selfless super saint the writers forgot was somehow supposed to have survived into adulthood. Instead of any kind of appreciable female lead we effectively end up with quite possibly the least intelligent character in the series, one who makes literally no choice an intoxicated grade schooler wouldn't have made better, and in the name shielding her friends from danger she, in her complete lack of even remote foresight or cognitive reasoning, drags them into it. She's the kind of person who would drink poisonous Kool-Aid so no one else could instead of dumping it on the floor; she'd throw herself on an exposed landmine instead of telling people to walk around it; she'd jump into a pit to save someone instead of throwing them a rope. I cannot stand her.