PDA

View Full Version : Haircuts

Bri
01-23-2016, 05:02 PM
This thread is about haircuts! Do you prefer giving yourself, have your significant other, a trusted friend could be anyone you feel comfortable with do it or do you enjoy going to the salon, barber and letting it be taking care of? Bert used to give himself hair cut but I didn't want him shaving off all of his hair because he didn't like going to the barbershop so I started giving him haircuts which turned out to like. So basically I give him and my son haircuts instead. Oh and not to forget, I as well give myself haircuts instead of going to salon. Though maybe one of this days I might just have to :)

Ayen
01-23-2016, 05:59 PM
I prefer the barber. Only one man can cut my hair. Though right now I'm letting it grow so I haven't been to the barber lately.

Formalhaut
01-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Eh, I need my haircut soon, it's getting too long again. I don't like going because I don't really style my hair in any particular fashion, so when they ask what I want I tend to be rather vague and just say 'shorten it/trim it'. Amazingly, the barbers that i go to at Winchester give me good results every time, despite the lack of information.

Fynn
01-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Hair salon for me

blackmage_nuke
01-23-2016, 07:15 PM
I've cut my own hair for a 6 or so years now but all i do is tie it up into a pony tail, tie a second section one or two fist length from the base then cut off the second section. I usually wait for a long weekend or some time where I know I won't be going anywhere for a while to give it time to even out.

Shorty
01-23-2016, 07:24 PM
I only cut my own bangs. And I always fuck them up, so I have to go to a salon anyway.

For a long time when I had an extreme A cut, I only let my mom cut my hair (she's a cosmetologist) because I had too many bad salon experiences. Now I that my hair is long, I feel fine with anyone cutting it.

Formalhaut
01-23-2016, 07:37 PM
(she's a cosmetologist)

Almost read that as cosmologist and thinking "what does that have to do with hair!"

Labella
01-23-2016, 08:02 PM
My friend is a hairdresser n owns her own salon so Im lucky I just msg her (in advance) if I need something done to my hair, usually its a keratin treatment or a trim. Otherwise I get it professionally done/styled on photo shoots.

Psychotic
01-23-2016, 09:47 PM
I buzz my hair off once every couple of weeks or so. No muss, no fuss.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-23-2016, 10:02 PM
I get my haircut by a barber every Sunday. I go to one of two people at the barbershop and don't have to tell either of them what I want. We just chitchat about things and stuff.

Crop
01-23-2016, 10:23 PM
I haven't had a haircut or a shave for over a month. This is because I'm planning to repeatedly stumble out of the woods in front of people looking all dishevelled and asking them "what year is this?!".

Ordinarily I go to the same Greek guy I've been going to for years.

Pheesh
01-23-2016, 10:50 PM
The same lady has cut my hair for 4 years now, longer than I've known Night Fury for.

Zeldy
01-24-2016, 12:26 AM
A rather cute tattooed guy who is obsessed with Harley Davidson bikes cuts my hair. He's the art director in the salon (very swanky) and I do pay through the roof for him to do it, but he really is an expert at cutting! (and cute)

I literally saw him today actually! I like to stick with the same hairdresser as my hair is really thick and takes them ages, I also really like how he does exactly what I ask; other hairdressers have been hesitant to attack my hair with scissors or cut my hair off completely when I want it shaved, he thins it out for me in a way that's like really technical, he tries to explain what he's doing and I'm like "just do it".

I got an under-cut today off him, he just chopped it straight off and put the dubbers to my head. Good lad.

Colonel Angus
01-24-2016, 01:50 AM
I go to a barber, who's my aunt's brother-in-law, & he buzzes my hair every other month or so. Only charges $12, which is a steal around here.

Depression Moon
01-24-2016, 02:07 AM
I haven't been somewhere to get my hair cut in a while because I've been letting my hair grow and I had dreads for over a year. After I had them taken out I haven't got a cut since, because I haven't had a job and I refuse to let my mother pay for it. When I get another job I'll pay for the care of my own hair.
Actually, the whole situation of my hair and my mother has been a large dispute since I've got out of school over a year ago.

escobert
01-24-2016, 10:01 PM
Growing up, my step father cut my hair. then I started cutting my own. And now Bri cuts it.

FFNut
01-24-2016, 10:17 PM
I cut my own. I just usually give it a quick buzz and get a little help on the back of it.

SammieBabe
01-25-2016, 04:00 PM
I get mine cut. My hair is thick, and super curly. I need help with this mane.

Pumpkin
01-25-2016, 04:32 PM
I cut my own bangs because they grow like weeds and need to be cut every month or so if I want to see anything. So I do that myself and they're usually crooked but I give zero craps. I'm too cheap and lazy to go to a hairdresser every month for my bags.

I will get my haircut a few inches every year or so and get my bangs straightened out at the same time. I go to a hairdresser for that

Night Fury
01-25-2016, 11:33 PM
I get my roots done these days about every 7-8 weeks! And a trim! I'm realllllllly tempted to get it all cut off short though as long hair is a pain.

theundeadhero
01-26-2016, 06:21 AM
I haven't had a haircut or a shave for over a month. This is because I'm planning to repeatedly stumble out of the woods in front of people looking all dishevelled and asking them "what year is this?!".http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/theundeadhero/Mobile%20Uploads/rrrrr.jpg

What year is this?! I've gone without a shave or haircut since way back in November 2015!

Kalevala
01-26-2016, 03:32 PM
I got an under-cut today off him

This! I got an under-cut in October and now all I have to do is get a friend to help me shave the sides and back whenever it starts to get too fuzzy.

Laddy
01-26-2016, 05:21 PM
I cut my own hair, it's a weird texture that most can't handle so I've been cutting it the past few months. No complaints and if I make a mistake no one can notice because of the texture.

Iceglow
01-27-2016, 06:56 AM
I go to the barbers about once a month. I tend to get my hair cut/styled and dyed (going slightly ever grey at the temples, trademark in my family that I'm just too young to embrace). It costs me about £25 for the lot which is pretty good going considering what I have done, there's just 2 guys in there who touch my hair, the boss or the second best barber in the place. I'll walk in and wait 30 - 40 mins for one of those to be free if they're not free immediately, which may seem rude to some people but I'm always like "I don't want to have to explain exactly what to do, these guys get it best".