PDA

View Full Version : Popcorn

Bri
01-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Do you enjoy snacking on this popalicious food? What do you season it with? Or is there a type that you preferably buy? My favorite would be cracker jacks but since I can't always have it, I just buy the butter flavored ones you microwave instead along with popcorn seasoning to taste because I don't think I have the time to make up a seasoning.

Ayen
01-23-2016, 06:04 PM
We used to have a three flavored popcorn can that we'd get around here. One was regular, the second was I think cheesy (they looked orange) and third was brown and a bit harder to bite into, but tasted delicious. I always preferred the latter two over the regular. Now I just have the regular since that's all we get.

Mr. Carnelian
01-23-2016, 06:11 PM
I only ever have popcorn when I'm watching a film in the cinema. Salted, generally, although I like sweet as well.

Formalhaut
01-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I equate popcorn with film watching so I only ever eat popcorn when I'm watching a movie. It's to the point that if I go to the cinema, we are getting popcorn because it just wouldn't feel right. The cinema is about atmosphere, that feeling of an event, and snacking popcorn with a large drink. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't have a popcorn to hand. Me and Mr. Carny always end up eating too much during trailers and having to stop ourselves.

I tend to go salted. I can go sweet, but popcorn just tastes better salted. I mean, It's very unhealthy, but I don't go to the cinema expecting a salad.

Crop
01-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Only when watching a film, usually only in the cinema, always the biggest size, always salted. Love the stuff.

Never shared either, get your own damn popcorn.

Shorty
01-23-2016, 07:26 PM
I am not a popcorn person.

Pike
01-24-2016, 01:28 AM
I like it but I hate the way the bits get stuck in my teeth. So it's kind of a love-hate relationship.

Labella
01-24-2016, 01:31 AM
Not a fan.

Colonel Angus
01-24-2016, 01:47 AM
We used to have a three flavored popcorn can that we'd get around here. One was regular, the second was I think cheesy (they looked orange) and third was brown and a bit harder to bite into, but tasted delicious. I always preferred the latter two over the regular. Now I just have the regular since that's all we get.
Caramel Corn.

Cheese & Caramel Corn mixed is very popular in Chicago.

Ayen
01-24-2016, 01:49 AM
Caramel Corn.

Cheese & Caramel Corn mixed is very popular in Chicago.

Thank you! That was it.

I loved Cheese and Carmel Corn.

Pheesh
01-24-2016, 10:16 AM
The eating of popcorn is not worth the inevitable kernal piece that gets lodged in between two of your teeth.

I used to eat it in the cinema, now I prefer to go to the movies right after dinner/lunch so that I can skip it.

Mr. Carnelian
01-24-2016, 11:22 AM
I like it but I hate the way the bits get stuck in my teeth. So it's kind of a love-hate relationship.

The eating of popcorn is not worth the inevitable kernal piece that gets lodged in between two of your teeth.

I actually sort of enjoy dislodging popcorn stuck between my teeth, most of the time. It's like a game: what can I find on my person to get something out from between my teeth (I don't carry floss)? Weird, I know, but.... Shrug.

Bubba
01-24-2016, 02:15 PM
I am the annoying person at the cinema who shoves fistfuls of popcorn into my mouth and all over my face during the quiet parts of the film.

Pike
01-24-2016, 02:16 PM

I actually sort of enjoy dislodging popcorn stuck between my teeth, most of the time. It's like a game: what can I find on my person to get something out from between my teeth (I don't carry floss)? Weird, I know, but.... Shrug.

See, I can't enjoy it because one time as a kid a popcorn piece got so dislodged that it got infected and I had to go to the dentist to have them dig it out.

NEVER AGAIN.

Zanmato
01-24-2016, 05:26 PM
I love popcorn, even to death! :love:
I could eat it all the time! :lol:

See, I can't enjoy it because one time as a kid a popcorn piece got so dislodged that it got infected and I had to go to the dentist to have them dig it out.

NEVER AGAIN.
It never got stuck between my teeth, so obviously you have a bad luck. :smug:

escobert
01-24-2016, 09:03 PM
I love the big cans that have buttered, cheese and caramel popcorn!

Night Fury
01-25-2016, 12:12 AM
I love popcorn and I love the 'gourmet' ones you can get now aswell that are like coconut flavoured and stuff.

have proper good memories of burning the shit out of popcorn in the microwave with my friend at sleepovers haha

Bubba
01-25-2016, 08:09 AM
I love popcorn and I love the 'gourmet' ones you can get now aswell that are like coconut flavoured and stuff.

I need this in my life.

Kalevala
01-26-2016, 03:37 PM
I love the big cans that have buttered, cheese and caramel popcorn!

Oh man, my family used to get those for Christmas every year. So good.